719 users online (74 members and 645 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Exclamation Ariel Sharon Suffers Massive Stroke

Prime Minister Ariel Sharon suffered a massive, life-threatening stroke Wednesday and underwent lengthy surgery to drain blood from his brain after falling ill at his ranch. Powers were transferred to his deputy, Ehud Olmert.

Doctors placed Sharon on a respirator and were trying to save his life only hours before the hard-charging, overweight, 77-year-old Israeli leader had been scheduled to undergo a procedure to seal a hole in his heart that contributed to a mild stroke on Dec. 18.

Dr. Shlomo Mor-Yosef, director of Hadassah Hospital in Jerusalem, said Sharon suffered "a significant stroke," adding that he was "under anesthetic and receiving breathing assistance." A few minutes later, Mor-Yosef emerged to say that initial tests showed Sharon had suffered a cerebral hemorrhage, or bleeding in his brain.

Mor-Yosef said Sharon had "massive bleeding and was being transferred to an operating theater."

Dr. Shmuel Shapira of Hadassah Hospital told Channel 10 TV that Sharon was taken to an operating room to drain the blood after suffering what he termed a "massive stroke." Israeli TV said the operation would likely take several hours.

Sharon was put in an ambulance at his ranch in the Negev Desert after complaining about feeling unwell. Shapira said the stroke developed while he was being taken to the hospital, a drive of about an hour.

Sharon's personal physician said early Thursday that he expects Sharon to emerge from surgery "safely."

Channel 2 TV said Sharon was suffering from paralysis in his lower body. Analysts on Israeli TV stations said his life could be in danger.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060105/.../israel_sharon

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

That's really distressing news, he was the only one holding everything together for Israel.

This is very bad for the Middle East; it says on MSN he is struggling for his life.

When it rains it pours....

Well, I'll say a prayer for him.

They are now saying on GMA that he probably will not make it.

It doesn't sound good for him at all. Poor man.

People are already grieving and gathering at the "wall".

I saw it posted on another site that he passed away hours ago and they are only allowing the new acting PM time to stablize the government before making the announcement. If the Israelis are already grieving and gathering at the wall, this may well be true.

Is is on BBC? I'll look. Oh, that's terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by englishleigh
    I saw it posted on another site that he passed away hours ago and they are only allowing the new acting PM time to stablize the government before making the announcement. If the Israelis are already grieving and gathering at the wall, this may well be true.
    They said the same thing about Arafat last year. How ironic that if he is indeed dead that they both died within a year of each other. Chit will probably hit the fan now in that part of the world.

They are saying he is on full anaethesia and ventilation for 24 hours. (BBC)

Seems there would be no guarantee he would come off the ventilator, or have a working brain.

I read an article that says militants are ready to shoot celebratory rockets into Israel on Sharon's death and are praying for it. There will NEVER be peace over there. Might sound like a negative attitude but it's just facing reality to me. I'm not a religious fanatic but the signs of the end are coming fast and furious now.

The hard-liners in Israel are now likely to wrest control away from the more moderate faction. Sharon was making a very valiant effort to treat the Palestinans with respect, and resolve the conflict with them.

It's scary to think about an all-out war in the Mideast, but with Iran posturing, and continuing Hamas, and terrorist activity, Israel may take things into their own hands.

The World Powers, has better be willing to step in quickly, and put Iran and North Korea in their places, before things get out of hand.

The U.N. needs to grow some balls, and be willing to take a very forceful stance quickly; something they haven't been very successful at doing in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzm1
    The hard-liners in Israel are now likely to wrest control away from the more moderate faction. Sharon was making a very valiant effort to treat the Palestinans with respect, and resolve the conflict with them.

It's scary to think about an all-out war in the Mideast, but with Iran posturing, and continuing Hamas, and terrorist activity, Israel may take things into their own hands.

The World Powers, has better be willing to step in quickly, and put Iran and North Korea in their places, before things get out of hand.

The U.N. needs to grow some balls, and be willing to take a very forceful stance quickly; something they haven't been very successful at doing in the past.
    I agree completely!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast