1026 users online (138 members and 888 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,658

    Oh, stop calling it "colorful language"!

    I am tired of hearing TV commentators referring to Scaramucci's grotesque, profane language as "colorful"! Call it "awful". Call it " bizarre & disgusting". Call it "sickening".

    But stop trivializing it by referring to it as "colorful". Don't minimalize this.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Under a bridge
    Posts
    15,201
    Thank you! Enough trying to normalize this bizarro behavior.

  3. #3
    My thoughts exactly! I am miles away from being a prude, but Scaramucci's choice of words was so beyond the pale that the pale pales.

    It used to be that it was embarrassing to watch certain commercials if your dad was in the room and now you can't even READ about the "president's" communications director if your dad is still in the physical body.
    Always remembering Liz ~

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,658
    Quote Originally Posted by waitin'4thewrld2chg View Post
    My thoughts exactly! I am miles away from being a prude, but Scaramucci's choice of words was so beyond the pale that the pale pales.

    It used to be that it was embarrassing to watch certain commercials if your dad was in the room and now you can't even READ about the "president's" communications director if your dad is still in the physical body.
    I'm far from a pearl clutcher, but if ... um... certain others had used that language all hell would have broken loose.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Cazadero, CA
    Posts
    1,409
    Quote Originally Posted by frisson View Post
    I'm far from a pearl clutcher, but if ... um... certain others had used that language all hell would have broken loose.
    It's okay.
    The President of the United States approves.

    Trump "loved" Scaramucci's quotes — but he hates being upstaged
    https://www.axios.com/trump-loved-sc...466546181.html
    It's all MOO

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,050
    For the people who call it "colorful language" or "locker room talk", think about how you'd react if your son spoke to you that way. Mine would receive a mental evaluation pronto.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple. - Oscar Wilde

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,658
    After being called "a f**cking paranoid schizophrenic" by Scaramucci and resigning his position under pressure, Priebus is now on CNN "supporting the president" and "wishing everyone well". He says everything is hunky dory with him.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,658
    Quote Originally Posted by HoneyWest View Post
    For the people who call it "colorful language" or "locker room talk", think about how you'd react if your son spoke to you that way. Mine would receive a mental evaluation pronto.

    Yes, and this is exactly what bothers me. This crudeness is coming from the very top. It filters its way down. Our young people are not unconscious.

    The idea that a person in a position of power within our White House would call up a reporter and let loose with this kind of garbage is indeed beyond the pale. And the idea that this behavior is okay with POTUS is even MORE beyond the pale.

    Do these people have no decency at all? Not at all?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,658
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysShocked View Post
    After being called "a f**cking paranoid schizophrenic" by Scaramucci and resigning his position under pressure, Priebus is now on CNN "supporting the president" and "wishing everyone well". He says everything is hunky dory with him.
    Vomit

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    5,765
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysShocked View Post
    I am tired of hearing TV commentators referring to Scaramucci's grotesque, profane language as "colorful"! Call it "awful". Call it " bizarre & disgusting". Call it "sickening".

    But stop trivializing it by referring to it as "colorful". Don't minimalize this.
    You took the words right out of my mouth.

    The BS phrase "Colorful language" has nothing to do with color. "Colorful language" is a total misnomer and is a misappropriation of language by those who want us to accept the unacceptable, with the underlying message being: if you're offended by this so-called "colorful language" you're a prude & you just ain't hip enough to 'get it'.

    Screw that.

    In truth, Scaramucci's words describe the putrid, decrepit landscape of his soul, which is obviously bereft of any color other than bile-green.
    To understand the soul of a horse is the closest we humans can come to knowing perfection.




Similar Threads

  1. If you can stand foul language and violence you need to get "Django Unchained"
    By Steely Dan in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-24-2013, 10:20 PM
  2. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 10-16-2012, 01:42 AM
  3. 2010.05.20 Art Harris "Body Language Talks"
    By grandmaj in forum Haleigh Cummings
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-21-2010, 11:19 AM
  4. Critic's Slam Mattel's New Barbie calling S&M outfit "filth"
    By Ciara in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-18-2008, 03:49 AM
  5. Educator Gets Suspension For Calling Kids "Trailer Trash"
    By White Rain in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 04-26-2008, 04:32 PM