717 users online (85 members and 632 guests)  

Websleuths News

NY - Chastity Adams, 24, Brooklyn, 27 July 2000

This is a heartbreaking story. Can you imagine what this child's future is going to be like? The baby tried to help her mother, but ended up stabbed, then her mother dies.

Around 1:00 a.m. on July 27, 2000, New York City Police say 5-year-old Chastity Adams was awakened when she heard her mother --also named Chastity-- arguing with Bablu Hassan in the kitchen of their Brooklyn apartment.

When Hassan began stabbing her mother, the little girl tried to intervene. And according to police, Hassan stabbed the girl across the stomach as she tried to protect her mother.

Police say Hassan quickly fled and little Chastity ran to a neighbor's house, asking them to call 911. When paramedics arrived they found Chastity's mother bleeding on the sidewalk and the little girl in a nearby doorway.

The elder Chastity fell into a coma on the way to the hospital and died on Sept. 20, 2000. And although little Chastity needed more than 100 stitches to close her wounds, she was able to survive the attack.

In 2000, Hassan had just moved to the United States from Bangladesh, and he and Chastity Adams had only been dating for a few months.

Since their mother's death, Chastity and her two sisters have been living with their aunt, Sondra Adams. In 2003, Sondra was honored as "mother of the year" by the Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa on their live television show.

He's about 5'5 and weighs about 125 pounds. He has black hair and he's Asian/Middle Eastern. He speaks broken English and may be taking computer classes at a university or computer school. He doesn't smoke or drink and is an extremely devout Muslim. He could be in Detroit, New York or back in his Asian nation.

PGM-Do you know if this case was ever featured on or submitted to America's Most Wanted?

Poor little girl. Her mom was so pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyGirlMe
    ... He doesn't smoke or drink and is an extremely devout Muslim. ...
    ... and he likes to play with knives. Sounds like a nice guy. I'd like to meet him sometime...

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    ... and he likes to play with knives. Sounds like a nice guy. I'd like to meet him sometime...
    You mean like in a dark, empty alley? Should be interesting!
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel
    PGM-Do you know if this case was ever featured on or submitted to America's Most Wanted?
    Yes the case was featured on America's Most Wanted. Did you see it?

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyGirlMe
    Yes the case was featured on America's Most Wanted. Did you see it?
    No, I didn't, but if it hadn't been featured I was going to submit it.

This story was updated in 2014. However, the last time AMW aired his information was 2007. http://amwfans.com/thread/240/bablu-...-new-york-2000

Once more, I hope that little one was able to find some peace to live a normal life. I believe she would be 21 now. So sad.
    We are here to help. I will do my best to not cause any hindrance, in any manner.
    I will at times, "think out loud." I have done this since I can remember.
    I will share my opinions. Thoughts. Insights. And I encourage everyone else to do the same.
    Let's find them, and bring them home!

We Are All One Human Race!