818 users online (78 members and 740 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    CARIIS is offline "A penny for your thoughts" put in your 2 cents what happens to the other penny?

President of the United States of America encourages police brutality

LE applauds - where are we?
    I tried to be normal once-- it was the worst two months of my life!

I saw this earlier today - speechless. The only thing that could be worse imo is if he gets support for this. Just as bad would be a lack condemnation = support.

This is just not okay coming from POTUS. Not good at all.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    Actions speak louder than words - time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysShocked View Post
    This is just not okay coming from POTUS. Not good at all.
    I agree, but nothing will happen. He is clearly allowed to say whatever he wants with no repercussions.

It's disgusting, embarrassing, and disgrace to the office, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxibear View Post
    I agree, but nothing will happen. He is clearly allowed to say whatever he wants with no repercussions.

It's disgusting, embarrassing, and disgrace to the office, in my opinion.
    But, there will be repercussions, IMO. Those gangbangers DGAF who they kill and with the threat of deportation, they have nothing to lose. I don't disagree that they need to be taken off the streets. But I don't have any interest in seeing the American justice system be thrown out the window as a means to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    I think he is speaking more to the beat cops, who arrest someone for domestic violence, or robbery, and they are back on the street before the cop even finishes his paperwork.
    I snipped and brought over Katy's post from the Minneapolis thread (I hope you don't mind, Katy).

I agree with you, Katy.

Very few here know my personal story regarding my adult daughter's kidnapping in 2008.

As the mother of my adult daughter who was kidnapped & almost murdered by her ex, when the police officer who was with us in the ER received the report on his radio that my daughter's would-be murderer had been arrested (and that the arresting officers had 'roughed him up' because he'd 'resisted arrest') I wasn't the least bit concerned with the POS who tried to murder my daughter.

I was only concerned with my daughter's condition - I didn't recognize her when I walked into the ER because she had been beaten beyond recognition. In the following years, my daughter underwent several reconstructive surgeries to restore her beautiful face. To this day, she still suffers psychological damage.

If my daughter's kidnapper and would-be murderer had been 'roughed up' when he was arrested - it was nothing compared to what my daughter suffered at his hands.

I'm sick & tired of violent perps hiding behind their ill-conceived ideas of "civil rights" when they spend their lives hurting and killing others.
    To understand the soul of a horse is the closest we humans can come to knowing perfection.

Bay Area law enforcement taken aback by Trump’s speech

“We all realize that we have crime and we have gangs and we need to come up with a strategy to combat that,” said Anthony Ribera, a former San Francisco police chief who teaches law enforcement leadership at the University of San Francisco. “We also have to realize that we’re dealing with the community.”

“We enforce the laws on the books,” said Officer Grace Gatpandan of the San Francisco Police Department. “We use force when it’s appropriate and we use de-escalation tactics when it is appropriate.”
    Since the police killing of Mario Woods in 2015, in which video footage showed San Francisco officers surround and then shoot the knife-wielding man, even though he did not appear to pose an imminent threat, the department has been instructing its members to use minimal force.
    (Mario Woods: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...sco-2-Dec-2015 )

However, he cautioned that there are “strict codes of ethics and guidelines when it comes to the treatment of people” in custody, especially when they’re compliant and in cuffs.

The aim should be “to treat the person you have in custody like they were your family member, a brother or sister,” Kelly said. “Usually, when we encounter people, it’s not one of the better days of their lives.

Adding to more statements..
    Last edited by jamiect; 07-28-2017 at 11:09 PM.

BritsKate is offline Past mistakes should teach you to create a wonderful future.
    Doesn't this mentality presume guilt before innocence? Not everyone arrested is violent and not everyone resists arrest. What does this do to heal the dissension between communities and law enforcement? Does advocating police brutality put cops in more danger? How many defense attorneys are going to use the footage of law enforcement applauding to undermine an officer's testimony? How many taxpayer dollars have already gone to cover lawsuits against cops using brutal, sometimes fatal force? What does this say to the officers who conduct themselves with professionalism and act in accordance to regulations and laws against using excessive force?

I get it - a lot of people here have been touched by violence personally, myself included. And even those who haven't often live with nightmares read here while the perpetrators who harmed them are treated with kid gloves by the criminal justice system. Sometimes, they're even acquitted and face no justice for their crimes. I understand the sense of helplessness, fear, and anger but this isn't a solution.

When you erode civil rights protections for one class of citizens, you weaken them for all. This is a seriously slippery slope.

All JMO
    Last edited by BritsKate; 07-29-2017 at 04:40 AM.

It's sad that someone's exposure to criminality, especially violent criminality, is a factor in them deciding if LE gets the right to apply extra force to a suspect. I empathise with those who have themselves, or their loved ones, been victims, but geez, is society really going down this path? I was shocked when I heard Trump's statement, but was actually more shocked in hearing support for his views. LE are not judge jury and executioner, and they never should be.

And, on national TV he called them ****s. I am pretty sure that we are not allowed to use that word, but he is.

And there you go, we are not allowed to use that word, but the so called president is.

BritsKate is offline Past mistakes should teach you to create a wonderful future.
    California Congressman Eric Swalwell:

My dad was a cop. He despised the bad guys. But he always told me, "we're the good guys and people should always know the difference."
    https://twitter.com/RepSwalwell

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast