1169 users online (223 members and 946 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    IMO, all that was just for show. Trying to "smoke out" or "scare" the suspects. I would love to blame the Wagners for this crime. A lot of the "puzzle pieces" fit, but..... no arrests and it's not looking like there will be in the near future. I think the "big show" was part diversion and something to satisfy the public that things are still being investigated in this crime. What is going on with those autopsy's?????? There most be more to them, than what we tried to figure out on the redacted documents. I don't want to know for grissly details, I want to know because the more they fight to keep them away, the more curious it makes me. I think we would know actual time of death. From that we may be able to figure out sequence of the deaths. I don't understand why after this much time they have not reached out to the FBI or the public for more info. It makes no sense to me.
    And now (IMO) LE can't lean on the Manley's anymore because they have a lawyer. Where did the money to pay a lawyer and bond for JM come from? Is it just a coinidence that they have retained the same lawyer that the Wagners have used in the past?
    And I agree that someone in the media needs to step up and hold the powers that be accountable for the lack of information being held back in this case!!!!! My trust in our elected officials in Ohio is gone! I'm sorry people of Pike Co , but I would never recommend any family moving there and feeling safe for their family. All this is JMO.

The Wagners have no motive. They are a much more respected family than the Rhoadens. They would have ahuge advantage in a custody case especially when the Rhoadens involvement with drugs was brought to light.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer17 View Post
    I am not worried about not seeing bodies removed, but I am worried about some of the theatrics of this case. I mean blazing into town with sirens blasting with digging machines on them. Really? Sirens, like it was an emergency, a year after the event. I think that there is some high level interference in this investigation, although I don't know why.
    This is why I believe solving the case or giving out too much info will disrupt a huge undercover operation or expose very high level corruption. The level of secrecy is inexplicable. This is military grade Top Secret secrecy.

Quote Originally Posted by amauet1 View Post
    IMO, all that was just for show. Trying to "smoke out" or "scare" the suspects. I would love to blame the Wagners for this crime. A lot of the "puzzle pieces" fit, but..... no arrests and it's not looking like there will be in the near future. I think the "big show" was part diversion and something to satisfy the public that things are still being investigated in this crime. What is going on with those autopsy's?????? There most be more to them, than what we tried to figure out on the redacted documents. I don't want to know for grissly details, I want to know because the more they fight to keep them away, the more curious it makes me. I think we would know actual time of death. From that we may be able to figure out sequence of the deaths. I don't understand why after this much time they have not reached out to the FBI or the public for more info. It makes no sense to me.
    And now (IMO) LE can't lean on the Manley's anymore because they have a lawyer. Where did the money to pay a lawyer and bond for JM come from? Is it just a coinidence that they have retained the same lawyer that the Wagners have used in the past?
    And I agree that someone in the media needs to step up and hold the powers that be accountable for the lack of information being held back in this case!!!!! My trust in our elected officials in Ohio is gone! I'm sorry people of Pike Co , but I would never recommend any family moving there and feeling safe for their family. All this is JMO.
    Did the Feds take them out to preserve an undercover operation? LE eventually said that it was directed at this family and everyone else was safe.

Quote Originally Posted by mountainmutt View Post
    The Wagners have no motive. They are a much more respected family than the Rhoadens. They would have ahuge advantage in a custody case especially when the Rhoadens involvement with drugs was brought to light.
    The Wagners did have a motive. They were very upset with the Rhodens and didn't want to wage a custody battle that would end up with shared custody. They're narrow minded people who didn't want their grandchild to spend any time with her mother's family. They wanted to take her and move to AK, something that no court was likely to allow.

For some reason, they were also intent on moving out of the area. That may have had something to do with business deals gone awry or other problems in the community. Given the extensive searches by LE, it's possible they were also involved in some kind of illegal activity.

If there's anything we've learned in the last year, it's that there's long been an extensive network of criminal activity and some public corruption in this area (all of SE Ohio and into other states). It's a large criminal network(drug trafficking, money laundering, prostitution, etc.) with a lot of people involved; most likely some are those otherwise considered upstanding members of the community. It's a good chance the Wagners and others are part of this network and that feds have been investigating it for a long time. A lot of unsolved murders, too many for such a rural area.

The Rhoden family massacre was a major event that is threatening to bring down a lot of people. BCI & PCSO knew the ramifications from the first minutes after receiving the 911 calls. JW was likely the last person to see these people alive and we know that LE had already responded to problems between the Wags and Rhoden families. Yes, they're very much involved, but they're probably not the only ones.
    All statements are my opinion only.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudly View Post
    Did the Feds take them out to preserve an undercover operation? LE eventually said that it was directed at this family and everyone else was safe.
    That seems highly unlikely. If they felt the need to pressure CRSr or others, they have many other ways of doing it without killing the whole family. My take on LE's message to the community that "everyone else is safe" meant "as long as you keep your mouths shut, you won't get the treatment the Rhoden family received". No rewards, bully talk, few reassurances IMO seemed more like a subtle threat or intimidation of the locals who had a good idea of what was going on.

ETA: JMO the Feds have been on the outside looking in at the criminal activity in this area. They've been able to make a small dent in organized crime there, but have probably been marginalized with limited assistance from Ohio LE and judiciary. Most of this crime falls under state and local jurisdiction.
    Last edited by Betty P; 09-08-2017 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty P View Post
    That seems highly unlikely. If they felt the need to pressure CRSr or others, they have many other ways of doing it without killing the whole family. My take on LE's message to the community that "everyone else is safe" meant "as long as you keep your mouths shut, you won't get the treatment the Rhoden family received". No rewards, bully talk, few reassurances IMO seemed more like a subtle threat or intimidation of the locals who had a good idea of what was going on.

ETA: JMO the Feds have been on the outside looking in at the criminal activity in this area. They've been able to make a small dent in organized crime there, but have probably been marginalized with limited assistance from Ohio LE and judiciary. Most of this crime falls under state and local jurisdiction.
    I doubt it is the case that the Feds did it but I thought it would give people something to think about...

Someone please correct me if I am not remembering correctly here. IMO, these 8 murders occurred during an ongoing criminal investigation beyond the local level. Think about the federal agencies that were present at the scenes shortly after the victims were reported. I don't think the feds would have been at the crime scenes of these murders if there wasn't already federal involvement in the area. Murder is a state jurisdiction crime unless certain criteria are met that make it a federal crime. These murders, horrendous as they are, don't meet the criteria to be a federal crime. If so, the FBI would be the investigative agency and not BCI and PCSO. What the feds being on scene so quickly tends to tell me is that the murders occurred as a part of or in connection with an ongoing federal investigation of some type that is very big. The redacted autopsies and the subsequent long legal trail to see the full autopsies, state supreme court justices recusing themselves from the case, the rather large land area that was closed off around the crime scenes, the meager news pictures from the crime scene areas, the secrecy of the investigation, the moving of the mobile homes and camper, and the reticence of the family (not including one side) to discuss the crimes can only lead me to believe that making arrests of these killers would greatly impede whatever was being investigated by the feds before the murders. I don't think there will be any arrests or info given out until the feds make a move. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by pearl View Post
    Someone please correct me if I am not remembering correctly here. IMO, these 8 murders occurred during an ongoing criminal investigation beyond the local level. Think about the federal agencies that were present at the scenes shortly after the victims were reported. I don't think the feds would have been at the crime scenes of these murders if there wasn't already federal involvement in the area. Murder is a state jurisdiction crime unless certain criteria are met that make it a federal crime. These murders, horrendous as they are, don't meet the criteria to be a federal crime. If so, the FBI would be the investigative agency and not BCI and PCSO. What the feds being on scene so quickly tends to tell me is that the murders occurred as a part of or in connection with an ongoing federal investigation of some type that is very big. The redacted autopsies and the subsequent long legal trail to see the full autopsies, state supreme court justices recusing themselves from the case, the rather large land area that was closed off around the crime scenes, the meager news pictures from the crime scene areas, the secrecy of the investigation, the moving of the mobile homes and camper, and the reticence of the family (not including one side) to discuss the crimes can only lead me to believe that making arrests of these killers would greatly impede whatever was being investigated by the feds before the murders. I don't think there will be any arrests or info given out until the feds make a move. Just my opinion.
    Sheriff Reader called the BCI for help and the BCI got the FBI involved for help with forensics if you can believe all that was said...

Quote Originally Posted by Dudly View Post
    Sheriff Reader called the BCI for help and the BCI got the FBI involved for help with forensics if you can believe all that was said...
    IIRC, from reading depositions in the Columbus Dispatch lawsuit for autopsy reports, the feds were not there at the beginning. Pike Co Sheriff responded to the 911 calls, but BCI took over the investigation within less than an hour. When the Pike Co Coroner was first called and left to view the bodies at the crime scenes, he was intercepted by BCI who had already taken charge of the investigation and directed various coroners to view victims at various crime scenes. BCI told the coroner what he should do, though they really had no authority to do that. At that time, no feds were present.

Looking at the video and photos of the investigators at the crime scenes in the following days and weeks, I don't ever recall seeing a federal agent among them. All DeWine and BCI asked them to do was run some lab work, IIRC.

That's not to say the feds haven't been doing their own investigation, but they can only bring charges for federal crimes. But they did detain and interrogate the Wagner family when they moved to Alaska.

Anyone think this guy was involved? DeWine, et al said there was no connection, but use your own judgment.

http://www.lcsun-news.com/story/news...der/642320001/

An earlier article

http://www.lcsun-news.com/story/news...ey=&autologin=

Watching a program this evening on Investigation Discovery. A guy that was outed as an informant was shot execution style by a gang. He was shot in the head five times.

followed this a year ago in media, and ran across this site last night. early on i came to a theory that still seems to fit even after skimming through drvelopments of past year per these threads:
    1. W's are passionate bout family- their motive custody of S. JW aware of good jobs in AK, but no way hes getting sole custody regardless of more legal $. and no way he's leaving S.
    2. M's are motivated by money and though aware of the MJ operation- feel slighted in some way- theres bad blood triggered by something but bottom line greed and anger to extent of even killing a family member. They also know custody battle is coming and the MJ operation will be outted by W's , so why not strike now and get all the profits that are stashed somewhere.
    3. JM and JW (and maybe a few other family members- like brother who also wants to go to Alaska) decide to dispatch all Rs that could cobceivably wage a custody battle for S. At same time, they know drug $$$$ is hidden in cache but NOT on site in case operation is busted. they dispatch dogs who are friendly with them.
    4. HR and mom etc are killed first in sleep. Next are brother and fiancee. Last is CR1 and cousin, but not til first they admit KR has ir knows where $$ is. (they beat them. )
    5. lastly they go to KR and kill him and take $$ (LE said operation was $500,000+ in street value).
    6. Both W and M family get what they want.
    7. LE bugs truck to find out where it travels to when $$ is needed- suspect reburied somewhere. maybe even set up the $80k bail to flush out him raiding his piggy bank.

BJM aware of MJ operation- NOT going to "feed dogs" every morn when theres 6 others around to do that. More than one M is in on this in my opinion/theory.

Ws decide to ALL move up to AK now to get away from local heat (LE) where orig was just a short term plan for a few of them while made some good mechanic money in far north.

just a theory, but it intersects passion (custody) and greed perfectly - the two oldest motives for murder.

i also believe LE has largely solved this crime - they are just gathering all evidence, dotting i's and crossing t's. making plan of attack so the DA has solid case and they determine the order they want the dominos to fall. that takes a long time- it hasnt been that long fir a case of this magnitude. Patience!
    Last edited by jkltex; 09-12-2017 at 08:05 AM. Reason: add final thought

wanted to add- the most problematical part of my theory above is how a M might come to the point of killing one of their own (if indeed that happened). But I could see it getting to that if Ms were so tied in to the illegal operation (and maybe most their means of support?) and it was all being threatened to be exposed in a custody battle.

Ms plead with DR to just have her daughter give up custody to Ws who are threatening to expose them. DR (and HR) says no way in hell. So Ms and Ws agree to do this thing together.

hope i'm wrong and its some drug cartel and they solve it.

Quote Originally Posted by jkltex View Post
    wanted to add- the most problematical part of my theory above is how a M might come to the point of killing one of their own (if indeed that happened). But I could see it getting to that if Ms were so tied in to the illegal operation (and maybe most their means of support?) and it was all being threatened to be exposed in a custody battle.

Ms plead with DR to just have her daughter give up custody to Ws who are threatening to expose them. DR (and HR) says no way in hell. So Ms and Ws agree to do this thing together.

hope i'm wrong and its some drug cartel and they solve it.
    It seems unlikely the M's were involved in any kind of drug activity. They're obviously low income, not many assets. Seldom had working cars. They couldn't afford an attorney for JM without someone helping out. If they were involved in some sort of drug trade, they would have more/better assets. It also seems very unlikely they would participate in the killing of their sister, nieces and nephews. Neither sibling has a much of a criminal history nor do they have violent tendencies.

As for LE, they've been dotting i's and crossing t's for at least a year now. They may still be holding their grand jury sessions with some of the more recent neighborhood drug busts. I don't see how those GJ sessions can yield anything helpful when they still haven't questioned anyone in the Wagner family - on whom they allegedly have a laser-focus. How do you focus on a suspect when you never question them? When you never call them before the grand jury convened to investigate these murders?

JMO, they're using the grand jury to keep a lid on info about the case and to keep the focus narrowed to a few low-level people. If LE and prosecutors could successfully pin this on a few locals while sparing all the big operators behind the scenes, they would be happy. That strategy doesn't seem to be working yet.

ETA: You don't have multiple grow ops in the region moving millions of dollars in MJ, plus opiods, pills, etc. without a very large operation with many bosses running the show. These are people who have to pay off judges, policemen, prosecutors; they have to launder millions in cash every month, either through local business and banks or by transporting cash long distances. The Rhoden killings were part of a very large network. They brought a lot of attention to an organized drug and crime network that has been operating undercover for a long time.

It can and probably already has been solved. The question is whether local LE, BCI and the AG's office want to solve all of it.
    Last edited by Betty P; 09-12-2017 at 02:57 PM.

Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast