1147 users online (168 members and 979 guests)  

Websleuths News

FL - Juanita Cooper, Vero Beach, 14 May 1984

With only two living family members and most of the officers on her case gone from the job, Juanita Cooper's mysterious disappearance in 1985 seemed likely to remain just that.

But a few months ago, a body found almost 16 years earlier was identified as hers.

More: http://www.palmbeachpost.com/treasur...body_0105.html
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

Wow. That's sad it took 16 years but at least she was finally found and ID'd.
    Jaybird

What a great job the detective did in continuing to hunt for answers. Too bad the ex bf/possible POI is in prison now and won't talk. Hope he never gets out. Does not sound like a nice guy.

And both of Ms Cooper's children are deceased...how sad.

Quote Originally Posted by petra
    What a great job the detective did in continuing to hunt for answers. Too bad the ex bf/possible POI is in prison now and won't talk. Hope he never gets out. Does not sound like a nice guy.

And both of Ms Cooper's children are deceased...how sad.

Thank goodness for these detectives! They aren't really paid that much but they are so dedicated.

And at least her sister knows she's found now. In her picture her eyes look so sad. And both her children have both since died. Seems this family has had a lot of grief to bear. It is very sad.

FL-DNA used to reclassify Vero Beach woman's 1984 death as murder

A local family recently received some closure to the 1984 disappearance of Juanita Cooper when detectives used DNA from bones found 16 years ago along a Fort Pierce canal to identify the Vero Beach woman.

The new evidence had led local investigators to reclassify the 21-year-old missing person cold case file as an unsolved murder, officials announced Wednesday.
    http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/local_news...362892,00.html

When even adults go missing, why won't LE do a little more investigation into the circumstances of their disappearance?
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

From May 2010:

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/murder-my...ncies-st-lucie

Family members last saw Juanita Cooper on May 14, 1984, near her Oslo Road home in Vero Beach.

A partial skeleton was found June 29, 1989, along a canal at Taylor Creek and 25th Street in Fort Pierce after a brush fire in St. Lucie County.

Using technology not available in the 1980s, crime lab scientists extracted DNA from the bones to compare with DNA from Cooper's living relatives. It was a match. And now, detectives have classified the case an unsolved homicide.