Found Deceased MN - Ronald, 82, & Mary Tarnowski, 78, Duluth, 29 July 2017

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
A couple was last seen around 9 a.m. Saturday.

Ronald Tarnowski, 82, and his wife Mary, 78, might be driving a silver 2005 Chevy Tahoe with black plastic fender flares with a Minnesota license plate 852JXG. The Duluth couple typically only drives to get food at nearby restaurants.

He has early stage dementia and she has ride-side paralysis and difficulty speaking.

missingelderly.jpg

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/news/4305149-duluth-police-searching-missing-couple

Another photo. What's scary is there are some potentially hazerdous roads (very steep hills) not to mention Lake Superior.... Praying for this couples safe return!
ea6913ff76db2ef852f2a06d10c79ab5.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

They cannot drive that far without getting gas. Fortunately, the weather has been warm with no rain so they can be safe if they drove somewhere and ran out of gas or got lost driving home.

I wonder where they go to eat. They are from a more urban area and would have to drive a bit to be in wilder areas.

Duluth is a difficult town to drive around in. Streets end and then start up again because it is very hilly and has lots of streams or rivers running through it. But, if one is lost, just drive downhill and you will get your bearings back.

I imagine since it is summer, there are lots of road construction and detours, but unless they drove further out of the city, they would find a service station where they could ask for help.

There are lots of tourists and people out and about at this time of year. Duluth is a tourist destination.

I hope and pray that they didn't do anything drastic. It sounds like they both had failing health.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

There are lots of minimum makntenance roads but I imagine someone goes on them. If they drove into a woodsy area for some reason and the car got damaged, if they got out and walked, maybe they got lost. I would think someone would see the car at some point.

How far could they ger on a tank of gas?

You're right - there are a lot of minimum maintenance roads in that area. I sure hope they are found.

Family pleads for help in finding missing Duluth couple

They generally spend most time at home, going out only for an occasional meal at nearby restaurants. Less frequently, they'd take a trip to Park Point or Brighton Beach.

The couple was last seen around 11 a.m. Saturday at the Wells Fargo branch near Haines Road and Miller Trunk Highway. They were not carrying cellphones or credit cards, and an OnStar system in their vehicle was not activated.

Police have been searching in and around every place the couple is known to visit. Police said about 20 tips also have come in, ranging from the Twin Cities to Silver Bay and Grand Rapids to Ashland. Potentially the most promising came in Wednesday morning. A truck driver reported seeing an elderly couple in a matching vehicle driving west at an unusually slow speed along U.S. Highway 2 near Brookston on Saturday. The potential sighting came about four hours after the Tarnowskis were last seen at the bank.

A "silver alert" also has been issued for the entire state of Minnesota and western Wisconsin. The alert goes not only to law enforcement agencies but also businesses such as gas stations and hotels.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/news/4306778-family-pleads-help-finding-missing-duluth-couple

Missing facebook page....

https://m.facebook.com/KBJR6/posts/10156505067201337

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

From the family:

Ron and Mary are from the Northland and have many connections to the area. They lived in the Duluth Heights area for most of their lives and the last several years have lived in a home their son built next to him on Norton Rd. They are also familiar with the Island Lake area, have hunting property in Brimson, and have traveled many places in Minnesota. Our concern is they got lost trying to return home and have traveled far from where they know. ANYWHERE is a good place to search!

https://www.facebook.com/findronandmary

No wheelchair so they were,not going to go on a hike anywhere.

Interesting that he took?money from the bank. But if planning on going somewhere, no,wheelchair.

I think lots of places have wheelchairs, though.

Have they out up fliers anywhere?

I know Minnesota has lots of rivers and lakes. I'm just wondering if there was one close to their house. So many people have accidents and end up in the water. I hope not though! Prayers for a safe return

No wheelchair so they were,not going to go on a hike anywhere.
It doesn't sound like they were in any condition to hike anyway.

It doesn't sound like they were in any condition to hike anyway.

The Superior Hiking trail is paved so he could have pushed her for a little short jaunt.

I know Minnesota has lots of rivers and lakes. I'm just wondering if there was one close to their house. So many people have accidents and end up in the water. I hope not though! Prayers for a safe return

I think if they went into water, the car would be seen as most lakes and rivers start out shallow.

MN is known as the Land of 10,000 Lakes but there are more. Lake Superior is the largest fresh water lake in the world.

If there is a river or lake , there would have to be some access point. I think most lakes or rivers have vegetation around them except at access points?

Ah i gotcha. I read hike and thought of rough terrain.

I grew up in Carlton County which is about 45 minutes south of Duluth. Living in Wrenshall, that area (Wrenshall/Mahtowa) has literally NOTHING for 20-30 miles and would definitely need some type of air search. If they were in a car, the surrounding counties are always a decent bet to look in, but due to how rural some are the search would need to be larger scale and focus mainly in the air to start.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb
Back