Found Deceased NC - Debra 'Lynn' Cavenaugh Blades, 61, Wilmington, 29 July 2017

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Debra Cavenaugh Blades, 61, was last seen yesterday driving a 2012 white Chevy Equinox with black surf racks.

Police said the vehicle should have a NC tag of CAB5862. Blades is described as a white female 5′ 7″ and weighs approx 190 lbs. She has shoulder length reddish brown hair, brown eyes, and is medium complexion.

Blades may be experiencing a confused or altered mental state. She was last seen in the area of Stonington Drive wearing blue denim shorts and a white t-shirt.

Debra-Blades-e1501445346425.jpg

https://www.wwaytv3.com/2017/07/30/wilmington-police-looking-for-missing-endangered-woman/

Oh no. I'm curious why they say she may be experiencing a confused or altered mental state. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good info on that page from her husband. It's obvious that he loved her very much and is so worried. She hasn't been taking her medicine and he said she had a medical situation in Oct 2016 :(

CAROLINA BEACH, NC (WECT) - Friends and family of a missing woman came together for a vigil in Carolina Beach on Friday night.*

Deborah Lynn Cavenaugh-Blades went missing last Saturday and was last seen driving a white Chevrolet SUV. *advertiser censored*Silver Alertwas issued for her on Wednesday night.*

Susan McClain helped organize the vigil for a friend she said she's known for years.*

“She’s just one of the best people I have ever met," McClain said.*

No one is completely certain why*Cavenaugh-Blades left her home. Her family believes it had to do with medication she was taking, but McClain said no matter the reason, the pain is almost too much.*

“It's heart-wrenching," she said.*"We just don’t know, and not having any answers is just the hardest thing for any of us to go through and any of us to deal with.”

http://m.wect.com/wect/db_330750/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=rTNf9cGj

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

DAughter says mom passed away:
https://www.wwaytv3.com/2017/08/06/daughter-says-missing-wilmington-woman-passed-away/

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — The daughter of a woman who went missing in Wilmington last week posted on Facebook tonight that her mother passed away.

Wilmington Police said Deborah Lynn Cavanaugh-Blades went missing on July 29.

The StarNews reports the Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office has confirmed that on Sunday, the sheriff’s office located a body presumed to be that of missing Wilmington author, Deborah “Lynn” Cavanaugh-Blades.

Cavanaugh-Blades’ daughter Summer Blades posted on Facebook tonight with an update.

RIP, Lynn.

Oh no. Not the outcome we hoped for :(

Very sad to hear...

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Lynn was my mother's friend. I remember when she showed me the book she wrote all proud saying, "My friend wrote this!". I was with her when she found out Lynn was missing. We got lunch with my boyfriend and she got a message. It was devastating! I was worried for her. I told her to remain hopeful and to also be prepared for other other scenarios as well. She asked how could we find her or know where she is, and I told her the answer lies in finding her vehicle. I personally was hoping that as an author, she needed to get away from the noise of everyday life to work on her next novel.

She went missing on July 29th and her body was found August 6th in farmland in Beauford county, 3 hours from where she was last seen. Foul play is not expected and cause of death was never released.

My mom reached out to her family after the discovery. Lynn's legacy will always live on in her novels. My mom lost a great friend and the world lost a great person.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kenzo2011
Back