Identified! CA - Montclair, WhtFem teen, hit by car, Sep'05 - Samantha Bonnell

audrey77

CJ Analyst
Reaction score
I wonder what they mean by "running"- running away from something, running for sport, running across the highway... etc. So young... so pretty.

Link to picture

SAN BERNARDINO CALIFORNIA UNIDENTIFIED
Case Type: Unidentified
DOB: Sex: Female
Missing Date: Sep 24, 2005 Race: White
Age Now: 17 Height: 5'0" (152 cm)
Missing City: SAN BERNARDINO Weight: 130 lbs (59 kg)
Missing State : CA Hair Color: Auburn
Missing Country: United States Eye Color: Green
Case Number: NCMUU10140
Circumstances: ON 09/24/2005 AT 11:08 PM, THE CA HIGHWAY PATROL RESPONDED TO AN ACCIDENT ON INTERSTATE 10, EAST OF CENTRAL AVE IN MONTCLAIR, CA. A VICTIM HAD BEEN STRUCK BY A VEHICLE. SHE HAD BEEN SEEN RUNNING IN THE #3 LANE OF TRAFFIC. THE IMAGE ABOVE IS A FORENSIC RECONSTRUCTION OF THE VICTIM AND SOME OF THE DETAILS ARE THE ARTIST’S CONCEPTION TO COMPLETE THE IMAGE.

If she was unidentified, how do they know she was 17? I'm wondering if she jumped from a vehicle and was running on the highway to escape someone? The article didn't say she was struck crossing the freeway, but running in the lane.

It says the case type is unidentified, not the girl. Probably they know who she is if they know her age as being a definative 17.

the unidentified girl has a more angular face, bigger lips, and thinner cheeks than Nicole Jenkins. But then again the reconstruction could be off...

I'm sure LE has searched that website, but then again, you never know!

Sadie - that looks like a close enough match to me, to alert them. Same general height, same coloring, same general looks, same age . . . same area . . same time frame. Sounds like a possible.

Aheddle - the victim here is unidentified. They're trying to put a name to this girl who was hit and killed and they don't know who she is.

jodierenee said:
the unidentified girl has a more angular face, bigger lips, and thinner cheeks than Nicole Jenkins. But then again the reconstruction could be off...

I'm sure LE has searched that website, but then again, you never know!
It doesn't say when the photo of Nicole was taken, but as I recall on my photo at age 16 my face was fuller (baby fat), by 17 for senior photos it looked thinner although my weight hadn't changed. Also Nicole was taller.

KatherineQ said:
Sadie - that looks like a close enough match to me, to alert them. Same general height, same coloring, same general looks, same age . . . same area . . same time frame. Sounds like a possible.

Aheddle - the victim here is unidentified. They're trying to put a name to this girl who was hit and killed and they don't know who she is.
I did send an email with both case numbers. I hadn't check for missing with those stats from other states yet, just CA.

SadieMae said:
I did send an email with both case numbers. I hadn't check for missing with those stats from other states yet, just CA.

I'm glad that you sent the information. I think they look enough alike to be the same girl. A drawing wouldn't be 100% accurate so it could be her. That would sure be a shame if this girl had been alive all of that time and then got away and hit and killed on the freeway.

It makes me sick to think that this girl might have been trying to get away from someone and jumped out of the vehicle to get away. She may have just been so upset that she didn't know where to go after she jumped out.

If no one reported this girl jumping out of their vehicle then there is something wrong. If it was a teenager mad at her parents and she jumped out of the car and got hit the parent would surely report it. I wonder if anyone has made a report? Wonder if anyone saw the vehicle she jumped from or where she came from if she didn't jump from a vehicle. Really sad for her life to end like that. Pretty sad for the driver who hit her too.

On Nicole's flyer it said she is with a male. I wonder if they started arguing/fighting, pulled over, and she got out of the car and ran. The unidentified girl I think had to have come from a car. I'm not at all familiar with the freeway she was on as far as exit ramps, passing through a business area, residential area, etc. The unidentified girl must had severe head trauma to need a reconstruction. Hopefully they would have compared dentals of both girls. I'm still puzzled how they put her age exactly at 17. Usually there is a age range listed on unidentified persons?

SadieMae said:
I'm still puzzled how they put her age exactly at 17. Usually there is a age range listed on unidentified persons?

It may be to get her as close to being an adult as possible to be listed on more sites- as an adult and as a juvenile.

I checked the below link and thought she was a good match.
http://dojapp.doj.ca.gov/missing/detail.asp?FCN=5700426700378

Then I checked this link and found that she has been found safe - thank goodness.
http://nampn.doenetwork.us/locateda_m.html

Kimberly Austin
Austin was found safe in 2005.
She had been missing since September 23, 2004 from Santa Rosa, California.

Do you think that the Jane Doe is definitely 17, or could that be just a guess? Her picture reminds me of a missing CT girl, but the CT girl would have been 25 in September 05.

Check out the middle picture of April Dawn Pennington. The pictures look so similar. Another discrepancy though is that Jane Doe has green eyes with April has hazel, and their is a slight height discrepancy.

What does everyone think?

http://www.nampn.doenetwork.us/cases/pennington.html

I don't think that this girl has been identified, but the poster I saw says she is 15-20

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back