1238 users online (221 members and 1017 guests)  

Websleuths News

NY - Angela Lindsey, 22, Hell's Kitchen, NYC, 23 July 2017

Police were looking for a 22-year-old woman who went missing after being dropped off at a Hell’s Kitchen laundromat.

Angela Lindsey was wearing a black and white shirt with sweatpants when was last seen by her aunt on July 23 at about 8:40 a.m., according to police.
    She is described as 5-foot-7 inches tall and weighing about 140 pounds.

http://nypost.com/2017/08/01/police-...aundromat/amp/

Is this her as well? looks like her, and age fits- missing in Jan in Seattle; https://www.scoopnest.com/user/KING5...88952182882304

It looks like her. She may be a serial runaway. Unless of course those in Seattle didn't know she was in NYC which is probably the case. You should forward the link to the authorities in Seattle. Great find!
    Last edited by DQN; 08-02-2017 at 01:00 PM.

Ok, can anyone explain what/where is hell's kitchen? I got Manhattan. Is it a township or a county? So confused. Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by LisaWL7TR View Post
    Ok, can anyone explain what/where is hell's kitchen? I got Manhattan. Is it a township or a county? So confused. Thx.
    It's an area in Manhattan: https://www.google.com/maps/place/He...f9a02?hl=en-us

Hell's Kitchen, also known as Clinton, is a neighborhood on the West Side of Midtown Manhattan in New York City. It is traditionally considered to be bordered by 34th Street to the south, 59th Street to the north, Eighth Avenue to the east, and the Hudson River to the west. The area provides transport, medical, and warehouse-infrastructure support to Midtown's business district.

Several explanations exist for the original name. An early use of the phrase appears in a comment Davy Crockett made about another notorious Irish slum in Manhattan, Five Points. According to the Irish Cultural Society of the Garden City Area:

When, in 1835, Davy Crockett said, "In my part of the country, when you meet an Irishman, you find a first-rate gentleman; but these are worse than savages; they are too mean to swab hell's kitchen." He was referring to the Five Points.[4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dalagali View Post
    It's an area in Manhattan: https://www.google.com/maps/place/He...f9a02?hl=en-us

Hell's Kitchen, also known as Clinton, is a neighborhood on the West Side of Midtown Manhattan in New York City. It is traditionally considered to be bordered by 34th Street to the south, 59th Street to the north, Eighth Avenue to the east, and the Hudson River to the west. The area provides transport, medical, and warehouse-infrastructure support to Midtown's business district.

Several explanations exist for the original name. An early use of the phrase appears in a comment Davy Crockett made about another notorious Irish slum in Manhattan, Five Points. According to the Irish Cultural Society of the Garden City Area:

When, in 1835, Davy Crockett said, "In my part of the country, when you meet an Irishman, you find a first-rate gentleman; but these are worse than savages; they are too mean to swab hell's kitchen." He was referring to the Five Points.[4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank You so much!

[bbm]

she's 22 ...

Quote Originally Posted by DQN View Post
    It looks like her. She may be a serial runaway. Unless of course those in Seattle didn't know she was in NYC which is probably the case. You should forward the link to the authorities in Seattle. Great find!

I Live in NYC, "The name Hell's Kitchen was perhaps taken from that of a gang that formed in the area in 1868, or adopted by local police in the 1870s." It was considered a place "hotter than hot." It was also the home of the WESTIES, the Irish Mob in New York.

Today the neighborhood, is nice. It is not like it was back in the day of the Westies. In other words, there are busy streets and I do not think she would have been abducted there in broad daylight going to a laundry mat . There is no place in Manhattan that is unsafe during the day.

For future reference, Manhattan is split up into neighborhoods with names, it will tell you what area of the city it is in. i.e. Little Italy, Kips Bay, Turtle Bay, Hell's Kitchen, Alphabet city, Harlem, Washington heights, Soho, Greenwich Village, Diamond district, garment district, China Town, etc. etc.

The same goes for all the boroughs of NYC, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island and the Bronx, all have neighborhood names.
    Last edited by DQN; 08-02-2017 at 10:48 PM.
    My 26 year old niece was missing for 14 months, body found in the woods. She was murdered.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    [bbm]

she's 22 ...
    She may have turned 22 between Jan and July...
    **When will Niki get her justice? When will they care? Murdered 4/18/2016**
    “There are many things worth living for, a few things worth dying for, and nothing worth killing for.”

Quote Originally Posted by DVJustice View Post
    She may have turned 22 between Jan and July...
    Well then an irresponsible adult,that takes off causing people to worry about her.
    My 26 year old niece was missing for 14 months, body found in the woods. She was murdered.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    [bbm]

she's 22 ...
    That seattle article is 6 months old. she probably had a birthday between then and now

Ugh man, I live right here. How are there no details? I never understand cases like this. There are cameras and people everywhere!