1284 users online (197 members and 1087 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Let's step back a minute and really look at Trump's performance

Let's go back to this past November when Trump won the election. Where was your thinking then?

Many were unhappy with the election results, but very few had any great knowledge of the "Russia problem" at that time.

And how about on Inauguration Day? Many of us felt that Trump was too inexperienced to be capable of carrying off a presidency. But his supporters were sure that he was very smart (he told us so!) and enough of an experienced businessman to surround himself with people who knew what they were doing to assist him.

Then came the Flynn revelations. Actually the first real inkling for many that something was very, very wrong. But even then, perhaps this was just some rogue event.

The Trump Jr. emails proved that the Russia situation was serious and involved many who were very close to Trump. The current revelations that Trump himself was involved in wording the Trump Jr. "explanation" has now put our president into a potential Obstruction of Justice situation.

There is surely more to come. The Special Prosecutor is taking his sweet time with his investigation. Why? Because he knows that the full story will come out as more and more information comes out from the various players.

The situation we are all looking at is bad, bad, bad. Trump is woefully unqualified - the reason he takes so long to come up with any response on a foreign policy issue is that he has no idea what to do or say. He's scrambling around trying to get opinions from his buddy boys, most of whom, unfortunately, know little more than he does.

We've all seen his waffling and lack of knowledge about the health care issues. He goes back and forth from "it's good" to "it's mean" within a two week period. Again, he has no idea, only what others tell him. He surely hasn't sat himself down to read scholarly articles about health care because he's too busy watching Fox News programs.
    How much does he know about taxation? I guess we'll find out.

Trump is known for ignoring the advice of his advisers and even his lawyers. It turns out that he is a crude man who thought the crude messages of a surrogate were just fine until he realized the negative blowback from the Scaramucci vulgarities were attaching to him.

Now, we have a situation where Trump's statement up until today (via his lawyer Jay Sekulow) is that he knew nothing of Don Jr.'s meeting or statement. So Trump now admits that statement was "misleading". What are people to think?

I would invite people who have supported Trump up until now to step back and try to take an impartial look at what is in front of us as citizens. For whatever reason, our president has misled and lied. People are nervous about our future - for good reason. Will leaders of friendly nations believe anything Trump says? They are likely as nervous as we are.

Back when it was Nixon there were people still supporting him up to the very end . And in a way I supposed I understand that. But most people saw that Nixon was a flawed man who had wittingly or unwittingly sullied the office of the presidency and along the way committed crimes.

This is a frustrating, painful time for all of us.
    Last edited by AlwaysShocked; 08-01-2017 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysShocked View Post
    Let's go back to this past November when Trump won the election. Where was your thinking then?

Many were unhappy with the election results, but very few had any great knowledge of the "Russia problem" at that time.

And how about on Inauguration Day? Many of us did not feel that Trump was too inexperienced to be capable of carrying off a presidency. But his supporters were sure that he was very smart (he told us so!) and enough of an experienced businessman to surround himself with people who knew what they were doing to assist him.

Then came the Flynn revelations. Actually the first real inkling for many that something was very, very wrong. But even then, perhaps this was just some rogue event.

The Trump Jr. emails proved that the Russia situation was serious and involved many who were very close to Trump.
    The current revalations that Trump himself was involved in wording the Trump Jr. "explanation" has now put our president into a potential Obstruction of Justice situation.

There is surely more to come. The Special Prosecutor is taking his sweet time with his investigation. Why? Because he knows that the full story will come out as more and more information comes out from the various players.

The situation we are all looking at is bad, bad, bad. Trump is woefully unqualified - the reason he takes so long to come up with any response on a foreign policy issue is that he has no idea what to do or say. He's scrambling around trying to get opinions from his buddy boys, most of whom, unfortunately, know little more than he does.

We've all seen his waffling and lack of knowledge about the health care issues. He goes back and forth from "it's good" to "it's mean" within a two week period. Again, he has no idea, only what others tell him. He surely hasn't sat himself down to read scholarly articles about health care because he's too busy watching Fox News programs.
    How much does he know about taxation? I guess we'll find out.

Trump is known for ignoring the advice of his advisers and even his lawyers. It turns out that he is a crude man who thought the crude messages of a surrogate were just fine until he realized the negative blowback from the Scaramucci vulgarities were attaching to him.

Now, we have a situation where Trump's statement up until now (via his lawyer Jay Sekulow) is that he knew nothing of Don Jr.'s meeting or statement. So Trump now admits that statement was "misleading". What are people to think?

I would invite people who have supported Trump up until now to step back and try to take an impartial look at what is in front of us as citizens. For whatever reason, our president has misled and lied. People are nervous about our future - for good reason. Will leaders of friendly nations believe anything Trump says? They are likely as nervous as we are.

Back when it was Nixon there were people still supporting him up to the very end . And in a way I supposed I understand that. But most people saw that Nixon was a flawed man who had wittingly or unwittingly sullied the office of the presidency and along the way committed crimes.

This is a frustrating, painful time for all of us/
    BBM

Very thoughtful presentation of ideas! I, too, would be interested in the input from anyone whose views are described by the bolded portion.

As for me, I was terrified by Trump from the get-go. I saw him, and still see him, as a deeply psychologically ill person incapable of being concerned about anything outside of self.

I wore black to work the day after the election. I felt the countdown to inauguration day was like a countdown walk toward the guillotine. The only surprise for me, and I'm sure for others, is that Trump is worse than my darkest imaginings.
    Always remembering Liz ~

Straight A's. Trump is the best President we had since Ronald Reagan. We have seen this story before, when the media does not get their choice for President, and spend all their energy trying to delegitimize the electorate's choice. It falls on deaf ears. Time to get behind a fighter for the middle class, the ones paying al those taxes, and that figher is Donald J Trump.

When I look at his enemies (Hollywood, media, globalists, anti Christians, statists, leftist politicians), then I know we made the correct choice.
    Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

Quote Originally Posted by TMAN2014 View Post
    Straight A's. Trump is the best President we had since Ronald Reagan. We have seen this story before, when the media does not get their choice for President, and spend all their energy trying to delegitimize the electorate's choice. It falls on deaf ears. Time to get behind a fighter for the middle class, the ones paying al those taxes, and that figher is Donald J Trump.

When I look at his enemies (Hollywood, media, globalists, anti Christians, statists, leftist politicians), then I know we made the correct choice.
    What has he done that's been so great? What has he done that you would line up next to Reagan's accomplishments?

Personally, he hasn't done a thing that's changed anyone's life for the better that I've seen, and his empty threats, careless comments, and BS tweets upset and frighten (rightfully so on both counts - imagine being a transgender soldier on the morning after his tweet saying you could no longer serve!) a lot of people.
    Last edited by bluesneakers; 08-01-2017 at 11:22 PM.

Still waiting for any valid answer on how he's planned or even thought about lowering my taxes....$1100 per paycheck is paying for something lavish for SOMEBODY.

Quote Originally Posted by wannabeasupersleuth View Post
    Still waiting for any valid answer on how he's planned or even thought about lowering my taxes....$1100 per paycheck is paying for something lavish for SOMEBODY.
    He can't lower your taxes. That would mean people like him would have to pay their fair share. Can't have that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer17 View Post
    He can't lower your taxes. That would mean people like him would have to pay their fair share. Can't have that.
    Right?? But how do his religious followers see this??? Cause I'm tired of paying for them.

[QUOTE=wannabeasupersleuth;13538250]Still waiting for any valid answer on how he's planned or even thought about lowering my taxes....$1100 per paycheck is paying for something lavish for SOMEBODY.[/QUOTE

If you are a small business owner, Trump wants to lower your taxes. The Democrats think you need to be taxed more, and that tax cuts are a bad idea.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/tr...rticle/2630213
    Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

[QUOTE=TMAN2014;13538764]
    Still waiting for any valid answer on how he's planned or even thought about lowering my taxes....$1100 per paycheck is paying for something lavish for SOMEBODY.[/QUOTE

If you are a small business owner, Trump wants to lower your taxes. The Democrats think you need to be taxed more, and that tax cuts are a bad idea.

i
    So why ;hasn't he? I have not heard a word about him doing that, just lowering taxes on corporations and big business.

[QUOTE=TMAN2014;13538764]
    Still waiting for any valid answer on how he's planned or even thought about lowering my taxes....$1100 per paycheck is paying for something lavish for SOMEBODY.[/QUOTE

Short said the White House still favors Trump's originally called-for 15 percent rate, and that that low rate also should apply to businesses that file through the individual side of the tax code, commonly referred to as pass-throughs. A special low rate for pass-through businesses such as partnerships and sole proprietorships is a controversial idea that many economists warn would invite gaming by high-paid professionals. The government would lose about $1 trillion in revenue over a decade as people with high salaries became contractors to take advantage of the special rate, in addition to about $1 trillion in lost revenue from the tax cut, according to the Tax Policy Center.

And..................

On the personal side of the tax code, administration officials are still considering eliminating a large number of deductions, credits and other breaks to lower tax rates. Other than deductions for charitable giving and mortgage interest, Short said, most breaks are in consideration to be eliminated. Even preferences for retirement savings, such as 401(k)s, are still on the negotiating table.

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Trump's "performance" is nothing more than a daily reality show/soap opera starring a man who is desperately trying to figure out how to be President of the United States.

You mean our total apprentice fabrication of Hollywood, media addict, globalist for golf courses, and former leftist New Yorker, too...?

Name one Reagan accomplishment that compares to this just wanna be famous imposter, poser in the "WH dump" in D.C.

- I know it is bad when my conservative peeps are freaked out... And there are quite a few.
    Last edited by rosemadderlake; 08-02-2017 at 10:56 AM.

I've noticed that those who remain in support of Trump talk a lot about what Trump "wants to do", falling back onto his campaign promises. Plus there's a lot of talk about "jobs". Again, a campaign promise.

In reality, historically when a new president comes into office his agenda is well along the way by 100 days in office, which is why it is used as a benchmark. In Trump's presidency, as we know, this is not the case. He is floundering on very basic things like filling appointed positions - it is six months now and he still has not accomplished this.

This is what is so painful - to see our well established government languishing. And I just cannot understand these simple but very important tasks have not been completed.

I suspect that not many of us who did not vote for Trump are getting any great pleasure out of watching the debacle that exists in our White House. I know it I don't.

I don't understand how Trump supporters can handle the continually changing "truths". The misleading and mistruths are probably what bother me the most. Because it just takes away any confidence in what is being told to you. And I know that foreign leaders will be taking this into account in their dealings with the U.S.

At first the Trump WH was explaining things by saying there were "alternative facts" but now they seem to be just admitting they lied. So maybe we can understand why a father would have wanted to have input on something that would affect his son, but why did they feel they had to lie about it?

I would really like to have a Trump supporter explain these things to me.

I read your cite; however, it doesn't show that Trump is doing anything. He isn't bringing a message that unifies - there is no message coming from Trump.

You are taking it on blind faith that Trump can cause something to happen. However, the legislative branch has been burned by Trump. No one in the House or Senate is going to put their job or their State on the line for him. Anything that gets done will be due to good leadership from the legislative branch, not the executive branch.
    FACT: Only 19.41% of total US Citizens made the effort to place their vote for Trump, and he won. GET OUT AND VOTE!

Trump/Russia Timeline: http://billmoyers.com/story/trump-russia-timeline/

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast