GUILTY IL - Trenton Cornell-Duranleau, 26, stabbed to death, Chicago, 27 Jul 2017 *graphic* *Arrests*

meanmaryjean

Verified RN (Pediatrics Specialty)
Reaction score
http://wgntv.com/2017/08/02/northwe...st-warrant-in-near-north-side-fatal-stabbing/

"Police are looking for 42-year-old Wyndham Lathem, who is a microbiology researcher and associate professor at Northwestern University's Feinberg School of Medicine on the Chicago campus."
"56-year-old Allen Warren, a University of Oxford employee who was a senior treasury assistant at Somerville College, is also being sought by police."

"Chicago police believe these men are armed and dangerous."

Wow- really frightening

If a Mod could edit my title to "IL" I'd be grateful. I didn't have my glasses on.....

This story is getting a ton of attention in Chicago and lots of national coverage.

Total speculation, but it will not surprise me if Oxford is an unwitting accomplice and Northwestern kills him too (or vice versa). Reminds me of Andrew Cunanan and David*Madson.

I wonder how they know one another as I'm assuming this is Oxford in England they are talking about. Wonder if there is some sort of conference in town for him to be here? And if Warren (the Oxford guy) is the unwitting accomplice- was he the person who made the call to lead them to his body?

If a Mod could edit my title to "IL" I'd be grateful. I didn't have my glasses on.....

I have my glasses on and I think the "two professors" have to be edited also.

Police hunt Oxford University worker and US professor over Chicago murder

The Guardian today

I wonder how they know one another as I'm assuming this is Oxford in England they are talking about. Wonder if there is some sort of conference in town for him to be here? And if Warren (the Oxford guy) is the unwitting accomplice- was he the person who made the call to lead them to his body?

This article says he came the US for the first time recently, but doesn't say why. It does say they were seen on video leaving the building together.

http://wqad.com/2017/08/03/northwestern-professor-oxford-employee-sought-in-slaying/

So now I want to hear the anonymous 911 call- did the caller have an accent? And what prompted his sudden trip to America without telling even his sister? Hopefully, he didn't bring his computer and forensics is all over his browsing history.

He should be easy to spot with his unusual looking tooth on the right.

What on earth?

So now I want to hear the anonymous 911 call- did the caller have an accent? And what prompted his sudden trip to America without telling even his sister? Hopefully, he didn't bring his computer and forensics is all over his browsing history.

He should be easy to spot with his unusual looking tooth on the right.
It wasn't a 911 call, they called the front desk. Which makes me quite certain it was a neighbor that called the front desk.

The news reports seemed to indicate that he was stabbed in the back which I'd imagine is quite painful and caused a lot of screams/noise of pain.

Obviously neither could go off the grid if this was a sudden, crime of passion murder; but if it was planned than they could have emptied bank accounts and pay cash for everything.

I've heard the car reported locally as a 2007 model while other, national reports, indicate 2017. A 2017 edition is far more likely to have standard equipment which enables the car to be tracked.

I considered the possibility that this was a mutual sick fetish/fantasy thing, but I doubt it.

If I had to guess, I'd say Northwest is the killer and Oxford is an unwitting accomplice who may, sadly, wind up like David Madson.

I considered the possibility that this was a mutual sick fetish/fantasy thing, but I doubt it.

If I had to guess, I'd say Northwest is the killer and Oxford is an unwitting accomplice who may, sadly, wind up like David Madson.

My EXACT thoughts! (great minds and all)

http://wgntv.com/2017/08/04/northwestern-professor-wanted-for-murder-donated-1000-in-name-of-victim/

http://chicago.suntimes.com/chicago...gh-rise-killing-donated-1000-in-victims-name/

<Was it an act of remorse?

Translation: Sneed has learned that shortly after the July 27 stabbing murder of 26-year-old Trenton H. James Cornell-Duranleau in a River North high-rise, the two men being sought for the gruesome crime drove to Lake Geneva to donate money in the victim&#8217;s name to the Lake Geneva Public Library.

The donation: $1,000.>

On Monday, first-degree murder warrants without bail were issued for Wyndham Lathem, 42, and Andrew Warren, 56, for their alleged involvement in the death of Trenton H. James Cornell-Duranleau, Cook County court records show.

[Chicago PD] Guglielmi said local, regional and national authorities are helping find the suspects. Guglielmi said police received a call from the Grand Plaza building manager who had just received a cryptic tip that said something had occurred in apartment 1008. Police described the scene as very gruesome. Guglielmi said it is unclear if the incident also occurred on July 27. Lathem and Warren were confirmed to be at the building by security cameras, he said.

&#8220;We believe Professor Latham and the victim had a relationship,&#8221; Guglielmi said. He added that both suspects' passports and Warren's travel visa have been flagged.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...d-university-employee-wanted-homicide-n789186

WARNING: Gruesome details

&#8220;We know these two men, Lathem and Warren, were spotted on video leaving the building after the murder occurred.
&#8220;The victim was savagely killed,&#8221; said the source. &#8220;The crime scene was covered in blood. The body was mutilated. His genitals were cut, mutilated. It was so savage it broke the knife found at the crime scene, a 10th floor apartment at 540 N. State St. belonging to professor Lathem,&#8221; he said.
On Wednesday, after the murder, the passports of the two suspects were flagged by the State Department, and the U.S. Marshals Service joined the search.
http://chicago.suntimes.com/chicago...gh-rise-killing-donated-1000-in-victims-name/

Just an FYI: Michael Sneed is a gossip columnist.

I'm not suggesting that these details are inaccurate. Just staying cautious

Oh! :bricks:THANK YOU.... I don't think I have encountered him before. Please keep reminding me if I ever quote from him again.

Oh! :bricks:THANK YOU.... I don't think I have encountered him before. Please keep reminding me if I ever quote from him again.
Another surprise: Michael Sneed is actually a woman (since birth).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back