1445 users online (290 members and 1155 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 8 of 75 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 1120
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    A cool spot in the USA
    Posts
    2,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Midge Montana View Post
    In addition: The rumors/opinions on FB "Find..." pages can get so numerous that people have a hard time remembering or deciphering what is a fact and what is gossip. I saw this very thing stated on a Find page recently. Someone made a statement that it was hard to know what is true or what has just become perceived as true because of many unchecked posts. It is not helpful to actually finding the truth of what happened in a case. I am thankful that WS doesn't allow rumors. There is enough confusion in cases like this one with just the facts. Imagine the rabbit holes we would be going down if the gossip carried over to here. EXAMPLE ONLY (made up): What if someone on the FB page stated that they HEARD there was a white van from a landscaping company in the driveway at just about the time a missing person went missing? If that was brought here, we would all be sleuthing landscaping companies in that town to see if they have white vans. We might find three companies that fit the description. Then we'd be digging to figure out who owned the companies, and if we could find any link to the owners and the victims. If we couldn't then we would be trying to figure out who their employees are. Say we found one with a prior criminal record. Then THAT gets dug into. Pretty soon, people are stalking the pages of this person's girlfriend and her shady brother. Etc. Etc. Then someone on the Find page says, "No, I heard it was an extermination company van, not a landscaping company." Start all over. Then it comes out that nevermind, it was actually at the neighbor's driveway and a week prior.

    Hours and hours of time wasted by the folks here that sincerely like to help figure things out, when they could've been looking at another case on here and actually coming up with some good information. Now, let's say that was allowed here. With thousands of cases, how many bajillion wasted hours could have been avoided? Rumors and gossip do not belong here. Those things are right at home on "other" websites and should stay there.

    Understood....

    To agree with you people do get sleuthed when they are mentioned in MSM as well as rumors/gossip sometimes a bit too much when they have zero to do with the case.

    No disrespect but since the fb is public and we here at ws keep looking at it, you know people are sleuthing anyway.

    Your example happens even when information is published in MSM as well unfortunately.



    All that aside...

    MY ONLY POINT was the family is allowing rumors/gossip on their public fb page, our VI also said she wants us to continue to look at things in the hopes that anything will lead to finding their loved one. However I agree with you some get carried away sleuthing individuals based on rumor/gossip. More importantly its the TOS here. I was just asking a mod if the family is accepting of this why couldn't ws on this case.

    Reality is that this is a sad and strange case that after 5 months still nothing, at least that we know of.

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    421
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
    Your puzzling thoughts were the exact same ones that have kept me awake I have been wanting to say that the only person, IMO, who could possibly have had a reason, and it's a huge stretch, to purposely plant the blood, would have been MC himself. No perp would have had any reason on earth to do that and I haven't been able to come up with a single other person who might gain from doing something like that. MC MIGHT have IF he did walk away on purpose. His reason could have been to yes, protect his wife. Since I don't believe he walked away, it's really " out" there.

    I've thought all along that most likely MC locked the shop door, and the house and truck, himself. I can't come up with any reason for anyone else to have done so, or even think about doing so. If he did lock his shop, he did it knowing his keys would be locked inside and he would have no way to unlock the house, truck, or shop if and when he returned home. That is one of the puzzles for me. Was he leaving a clue behind, or was he not able to think clearly?
    Was this all a clue? I'm coming from left field. I will try to be brief.

    What if Papaw realized, in time, that something was going down? He appears to be in fine shape, and probably still has his training instincts. And maybe he offered the money in his wallet, setting the wallet down; not returning it to his pocket? Whoever visited him, wouldn't have worried about the keys. They were not coming back.

    I certainly hope this is not what transpired. MC is relaxing somewhere. Amnesia from his accident in his shop.

    Did LE ever advertise for anyone picking up hitchhikers in that area of the State? I'm sure that was asked back in the last 200 posts. It just stuck in my mind. Of course, the driver would need to be on the up & up. Just saying. MHO IMO and a smack if I have said anything out of line. It will never be my intention. Make Peace & Love, Not War!
    Last edited by Jim_M; 08-10-2017 at 08:49 PM. Reason: fix Papaw
    We are here to help. I will do my best to not cause any hindrance, in any manner.
    I will at times, "think out loud." I have done this since I can remember.
    I will share my opinions. Thoughts. Insights. And I encourage everyone else to do the same.
    Let's find them, and bring them home!

    We Are All One Human Race!

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    16,411
    On the other end of the line the 911 operator hear's the wife report, "But I did find his wallet and keys in the shop that's locked, which is just not like him." Her tone is incredulous.

    The shop may be as it is because it looks as if something is seriously wrong. The scene is confusing and difficult to interpret. Exactly the effect desired by this perp.

    You can find the 911 call on this page, third video down.
    http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Mys...416170523.html at about the 30 sec. mark.
    Last edited by Han; 08-10-2017 at 09:33 PM.

  4. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Han View Post
    On the other end of the line the 911 operator hear's the wife report, "But I did find his wallet and keys in the shop that's locked, which is just not like him." Her tone is incredulous.

    The shop may be as it is because it looks as if something is seriously wrong. The scene is confusing and difficult to interpret. Exactly the effect desired by this perp.

    You can find the 911 call on this page, third video down.
    http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Mys...416170523.html at about the 30 sec. mark.
    One thing I've always wondered about the 911 call: Had BC already mentioned to the operator the blood on the shop floor before she talked about finding the wallet and the keys? Or did she tell them about the blood after she told them about the other items? Or did she forget to mention the blood?

    Our VI said:
    "She had been home for 45 minutes, searched house and land then shop (because it had been locked, so she assumed he wasn't there at first). Saw blood in the shop and called ASAP."
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...6#post13340786

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    16,411
    Quote Originally Posted by inmyhumbleopinion View Post
    One thing I've always wondered about the 911 call: Had BC already mentioned to the operator the blood on the shop floor before she talked about finding the wallet and the keys? Or did she tell them about the blood after she told them about the other items? Or did she forget to mention the blood?

    Our VI said:
    "She had been home for 45 minutes, searched house and land then shop (because it had been locked, so she assumed he wasn't there at first). Saw blood in the shop and called ASAP."
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...6#post13340786
    It's in the video that she had mentioned the blood.

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,154
    It appears to me the Facebook page is gone. Can anyone else still see it?

  7. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by abstr View Post
    It appears to me the Facebook page is gone. Can anyone else still see it?
    I just looked at it. It's there.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #113
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,634
    Quote Originally Posted by Han View Post
    It's in the video that she had mentioned the blood.
    Hey Han- I listened to the video you referenced re 911 call and didn't hear her say anything about blood.

    Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,154
    Quote Originally Posted by BeesInMyBonnet View Post
    I just looked at it. It's there.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks. I can't locate it in my search and it is the same search I have. Den using. Glad it is still up.

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Land of Tim Horton's
    Posts
    1,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    Hey Han- I listened to the video you referenced re 911 call and didn't hear her say anything about blood.

    Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
    Pretty sure the snippet of the 911 call from BC is just that, a snippet....obviously not the entire conversation


  11. #116
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    16,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    Hey Han- I listened to the video you referenced re 911 call and didn't hear her say anything about blood.

    Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
    Neither did I, but it was reported in the video that she did so.

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Great state of Texas
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_M View Post
    Was this all a clue? I'm coming from left field. I will try to be brief.

    What if Papaw realized, in time, that something was going down? He appears to be in fine shape, and probably still has his training instincts. And maybe he offered the money in his wallet, setting the wallet down; not returning it to his pocket? Whoever visited him, wouldn't have worried about the keys. They were not coming back.

    I certainly hope this is not what transpired. MC is relaxing somewhere. Amnesia from his accident in his shop.

    Did LE ever advertise for anyone picking up hitchhikers in that area of the State? I'm sure that was asked back in the last 200 posts. It just stuck in my mind. Of course, the driver would need to be on the up & up. Just saying. MHO IMO and a smack if I have said anything out of line. It will never be my intention. Make Peace & Love, Not War!
    Not saying your theory is impossible but being a local, with the goings on in that area from drugs and some pretty surly groups of people ( just glance at the local paper if you need verification)...I can pretty confidently say that its not an area that people would feel safe picking up a hitchhiker.
    I feel like if he had been injured and wandered off the neighbors working in their yard might have noticed. But then again, the argument could be made that quite obviously SOMETHING happened there that day that they failed to notice ( not in any way blaming the neighbors, just thinking IMO LE put too much weight in the fact that they reported nothing out of the ordi9 that day)
    All MOO

    Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    A cool spot in the USA
    Posts
    2,458
    Here is a street view of where he lived. It's some what rural but peppered with a mix of moderately expensive house to mobile homes. MC's immediate neighborhood looks nice.


    https://www.google.com/maps/place/70...!4d-96.0568828

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,231
    Back to page one, Papaw.....

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    415
    I would have checked the workshop for MC straight away, even if it was locked.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 8 of 75 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. TX TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #2
    By Greater Than in forum Missing Persons Discussion
    Replies: 997
    Last Post: 08-03-2017, 11:27 AM
  2. TX TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #1
    By los2188 in forum Missing Persons Discussion
    Replies: 1441
    Last Post: 07-19-2017, 09:31 PM
  3. NJ NJ - Michael Drew, 61, New Brunswick, 17 March 2017
    By doodles1211 in forum Missing Persons Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-09-2017, 05:29 AM
  4. Found Safe FL - Liam Hunt, 14 mos, Charlotte County, 1 April 2017
    By los2188 in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-08-2017, 10:51 AM
  5. GA GA - Kenneth Chambers, 52, Richmond County, March 2009
    By hoppyfrog in forum 2000's Missing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-14-2009, 06:09 PM

Tags for this Thread