780 users online (88 members and 692 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Where's all the outrage from the righties always squealing about how their tax dollars are being spent? Crickets on this issue.

Hypocrites.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
    Where's all the outrage from the righties always squealing about how their tax dollars are being spent? Crickets on this issue.

Hypocrites.
    And remember the outrage about separate flights to Hawaii? The wastrels!

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer17 View Post
    And remember the outrage about separate flights to Hawaii? The wastrels!
    And never mind that the Obama children were actually children. And the whole family was living under the same roof. What a travesty!

I think it is time to put a cap on what the taxpayers pay for ANY president's trips. I don't begrudge the Trump children getting security b/c they are at risk based on their father's position. But for the taxpayers to pay for golf carts (to the Trump businesses) or hotel rooms based on his desire to travel to a non-secure property (think non-Camp David) is just outrageous.

I hope someone in congress will address this wasteful spending.

BritsKate is offline Past mistakes should teach you to create a wonderful future.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaen View Post
    I think it is time to put a cap on what the taxpayers pay for ANY president's trips. I don't begrudge the Trump children getting security b/c they are at risk based on their father's position. But for the taxpayers to pay for golf carts (to the Trump businesses) or hotel rooms based on his desire to travel to a non-secure property (think non-Camp David) is just outrageous.

While I agree to an extent this obviously becomes more complicated by the family conducting business across the globe. Taxpayers are essentially footing the bill for Trump to profit through his presidency on several levels - the GSA lease on Trump International; Trump Tower inflating costs for Secret Service stationed there (Now, to be fair we know there's a lease dispute but neither side has confirmed it's about money, that's my assumption. But we also know Trump has risen rates/fees across several venues that are likely to feature frequently - Trump International, Mar-a-lago, etc.); the DOJ having to defend POTUS against lawsuits alleging emoluments violations, etc.

Trump's the first president in the last 40 years not to release tax returns and refuse to sell/divest business holdings. It isn't a coincidence taxpayers are spending more considering his sons are running his business empire - but it was entirely avoidable. So I see this as having his cake and eating it too - chocolate cake, the best chocolate cake.

He himself stated he may be the first person to run for president and make money. He was fairly blatant, but, unfortunately, also correct.

Quote Originally Posted by kaen View Post

It would be cheaper to purchase golf carts but I'm pretty sure the purpose of renting them is to put money in Trump's pockets.

BritsKate is offline Past mistakes should teach you to create a wonderful future.
    Might be worth adding too there's nothing stopping the Trump children from declining Secret Service protection and hiring/paying for private security themselves either, even Ivanka.

While we're on the topic of vacations ... if we go into a government shutdown on the budget (on Trump's wall), US passport offices will be closed, as will US parks, zoos, and museums. Plan accordingly.
    FACT: Only 19.41% of total US Citizens made the effort to place their vote for Trump, and he won. GET OUT AND VOTE!

Trump/Russia Timeline: http://billmoyers.com/story/trump-russia-timeline/

FACT: Only 19.41% of total US Citizens made the effort to place their vote for Trump, and he won. GET OUT AND VOTE!

It also has not been disclosed how much it cost for Melania and Barron's security coverage, while paying for the security at the WH, Maralago and Bedminster.

According to the Air Force documents, the cost to operate Air Force One is $142,380 per hour.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-r...trips-1281420/

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Despite Court Order, DHS Releases Only Partial List of Mar-a-Lago Visitors
    by Ali Vitali

WASHINGTON The Department of Homeland Security on Friday released the names of only 22 visitors to President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago property, despite being ordered to make its full visitor list public after being sued by watchdog groups.

A judge had ordered that the names of all visitors to the club in Palm Beach, Florida, since Trump's inauguration be released by noon on Friday, a deadline that had already been extended by a week.

The list of names was turned over "at the last minute" nearly half an hour after the deadline had passed one of the plaintiffs, Citizens for Responsibility in Ethics in Washington (CREW), said on Twitter.

In a statement, the group vowed to fight the administration's action in court, and said it was "spitting in the eye of transparency." ...

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...r-lago-n801616

Mar-a-Lago Visitor Logs Are Being Withheld, Ethics Group Says

A government transparency group vowed on Friday to continue a court battle to open up visitor logs at President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort, after the administration provided only the names of Japanese staff who attended a February visit from Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.

“The government seriously misrepresented their intentions to both us and the court,” CREW Executive Director Noah Bookbinder said in a statement. “This was spitting in the eye of transparency. We will be fighting this in court.”
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ics-group-says

Taxpayers billed $1,092 for an official’s two-night stay at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago club

The amount was based on a per-night price of $546, which, according to the bill, was Mar-a-Lago’s “rack rate,” the hotel industry term for a standard, non-discounted price.

The receipt, which was obtained in recent days by the transparency advocacy group Property of the People and verified by The Post, offers one of the first concrete signs that Trump’s use of Mar-a-Lago as the “Winter White House” has resulted in taxpayer funds flowing directly into the coffers of his private business.
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...6?ocid=BHEA000

trump needs vacations. He in not equipped to handle the job. He does not look well. And if he can line his pockets while doing so, all the better for him.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast