TX TX - Stephane Henderson, 21, Levelland, 28 Nov 1993 *Arrest*

rascal32

Reaction score
Missing Since: November 28, 1993 from Levelland, Texas
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: September 13, 1972
Height and Weight: 5'8, 156 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Stephanie has scars on her left thigh, right hip and on her lower abdomen. She has a tattoo of the letter "S" between her thumb and forefinger on one of her hands. Stephanie's ears are pierced. Her maiden name is Meeks and she may still use that name. Some agencies spell her name "Stephane."
Bar

Details of Disappearance

Stephanie was last seen in Levelland, Texas on November 28, 1993. She had an argument with her husband, Ricky Don Henderson, that day. A photograph of Ricky is posted below this case summary. Stephanie called her grandmother to say she was leaving. Her grandmother went to Stephanie's home, but by the time she got there Stephanie was gone. Ricky claims she was picked up by some female friends from Hobbs, New Mexico.
Stephanie left all of her personal belongings, including her purse and her only pair of shoes, behind at her home when she vanished. Her disappearance was not reported for several weeks because her family believed she was staying with her friends in New Mexico. Then Stephanie's grandmother got a typed letter supposedly from Stephanie which stated she was living in Hobbs. But the letter was postmarked Lubbock, Texas, and when Stephanie's grandmother noticed this she became suspicious and contacted police.

Foul play is suspected in Stephanie's disappearance. Investigators interviewed the friends who supposedly took her to Hobbs, and they all said they did not pick her up. In 2004, police tested a hair of Stephanie's against the saliva on the envelope flap of the letter that was sent to her grandmother. The saliva was not Stephanie's and the DNA was male, not a female.

Ricky is considered a possible suspect in his wife's disappearance, but has not been charged in connection with it. Stephanie's case remains unsolved.
9368b097d8203bb5b25028d4d0f71050.png
990c0759b9c45203c510296f5e0d74ee.png
42dbc258ab4ebe4a2263af93fe008e9b.png

Stephanie Shae Henderson – The Charley Project

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how to make a thread for Stephane. She was a good friend of mine through high school in San Angelo, Tx. She went missing from Levelland Tx after marrying a man named Ricky Henderson and moving with him. It is believed her husband killed her but they have never proven it or found her remains. I don't know anything about the husband as I lost contact with Stephane in 1991. I have spoken with the sheriff on a few occasions but they seem to be stuck. Stephane never had children and lived with her grandmother most of her life in Grape Creek (a few miles from San Angelo). Her grandmother has since passed but she has a father who is living and cousins that would love to bring her home. Not to mention a lot of close friends. I have spent many years looking through Jane Doe's but have come up empty. Any help would be appreciated.

She has a tattoo of an "s" on her right hand between her forefinger and thumb. She has scars on her thigh and hip from falling out of the back of a pickup. She has dirty blond hair and blue eyes.

I'm sorry about your friend Stephane, Rascal.
It's obvious her husband murdered her and disposed of her real good.
Too bad LE cannot or will not do anything more for Stephane, her family, friends and loved ones.

I'm wondering what has happened to Ricky Henderson over the years, where he is now, and if anyone else in his life has gone missing under similar mysterious circumstances.

He needs to be brought back in, interrogated and polygraphed, just to see what happens and if his story changes in any way. JMO

I'm sorry about your friend Stephane, Rascal.
It's obvious her husband murdered her and disposed of her real good.
Too bad LE cannot or will not do anything more for Stephane, her family, friends and loved ones.

I'm wondering what has happened to Ricky Henderson over the years, where he is now, and if anyone else in his life has gone missing under similar mysterious circumstances.

He needs to be brought back in, interrogated and polygraphed, just to see what happens and if his story changes in any way. JMO

Yes that is what I think also. I was told several years ago that he went to prison for an unrelated crime and got a stiff sentence.
The last time I talked to LE I asked why don't they DNA test him to compare to the letter sent and why don't they search the property. I was told that Ricky would not cooperate. I always felt they had more than enough for warrants but I guess not.
I just hope she is found someday and brought home

The Hockley County Sheriff’s Office has taken 57-year-old Ricky Don Henderson, the man who is currently a person of interest in a Levelland murder and missing persons case, into custody on a parole violation.

Jail records show Henderson was booked on Wednesday.

Hewas recently named a person of interest in the death of 20-year-old Jeannie Quinn, a Levelland Woman who was found dead in Abilene in April. It was reported that Ricky Don Henderson was Quinn’s boyfriend at the time of her death and was the last person to see her alive.

Ricky Don Henderson is also a person of interest in the 1993 missing persons case of Stephanie Meeks Henderson. She was last seen on Nov. 28, 1993 and it was reported she had an argument with her husband, Ricky Don Henderson.

Stephanie Meeks Henderson’s disappearance was not reported for several weeks because Ricky Don Henderson told authorities and her family she was picked up by a female friend and was staying in New Mexico. Stephanie Meek Henderson’s case has yet to be solved and foul play is suspected.

Person of interest in Levelland murder, missing persons case arrested in Hockley County

Ricky Don Henderson remains in the Hockley County Jail on a hold by Taylor County.

The man Abilene Police call a person of interest in the death of Jeannie Quinn is also suspected in another missing person’s case, his wife Stephanie Henderson.

KCBD has spoke with Quinn’s family several times, but now we are hearing from Henderson’s family for the first time since she vanished 25 years ago.

Sister of Levelland woman missing for 25 years speaks out on husband’s arrest

He is also the person of interest in the murder of my niece Jeannie....you can follow all news stories related to this case on facebook....type in "Justice for Jeannie Quinn". feel free to join group so you can get updates. We will not stop fighting for justice until he is convicted of the murders of Jeannie and Stephane. Anyone with any information is asked to please come forward. There is a $11,645 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction for Jeannie's murder.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting new article:

Stephane Henderson: Texas authorities boost reward in bid to solve 1993 cold case

The Texas Department of Public Safety is asking for the public's help in solving the 1993 disappearance of Hockley County resident Stephane Meeks Henderson.

An increased reward of up to $6000 is being offered for information that leads to the arrest of those responsible if the tip is received before the next featured cold case is announced as part of the Texas Ranger Unsolved Crimes Investigation Program.

According to DPS, Stephane was 21 years old when she disappeared from her Levelland, Texas home on Nov. 27, 1993. She had reportedly called her grandmother to come to pick her up but was gone by the time her grandmother arrived.

Ricky Don Henderson, her husband, told authorities at the time that Stephane had left with friends from Hobbs, NM. Stephane has not been seen since. She would be 46 years old now.

The Texas Rangers are asking the public for any information that helps solve this crime.

Source:
Stephane Henderson: Texas authorities boost reward in bid to solve 1993 cold case

I was just checking in on Stephane and Jeannie! I’m praying answers come for both of these beautiful girls!

Does anyone know off hand what the status of Ricky is? Or where he may be incarcerated at?
I was wondering also, does anyone have a photo of Stephanie’s tattoo? Or scars from her injury? I haven’t seen any that ICR, maybe that might help?

These two are constantly on my mind!

•MMcG•

He is also the person of interest in the murder of my niece Jeannie....you can follow all news stories related to this case on facebook....type in "Justice for Jeannie Quinn". feel free to join group so you can get updates. We will not stop fighting for justice until he is convicted of the murders of Jeannie and Stephane. Anyone with any information is asked to please come forward. There is a $11,645 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction for Jeannie's murder.
Justice for Jeannie Quinn
The July 11th post and comments provide some updated points of view regarding the suspected perp.

I was just checking in on Stephane and Jeannie! I’m praying answers come for both of these beautiful girls!

Does anyone know off hand what the status of Ricky is? Or where he may be incarcerated at?
I was wondering also, does anyone have a photo of Stephanie’s tattoo? Or scars from her injury? I haven’t seen any that ICR, maybe that might help?

•MMcG•
Hi I am Jeannie’s aunt. You can help keep him in jail by signing this petition and please follow her Facebook page.
Sign the Petition

Her Facebook page is Justice for Jeannie Quinn.
All updates on both cars are on there.

Please keep these beautiful angels in your prayers.

I was wondering also, does anyone have a photo of Stephanie’s tattoo? Or scars from her injury? I haven’t

•MMcG•

Unsolved Cold Cases post from 11/28/2018
"Stephanie left all of her personal belongings, including her purse and her only pair of shoes, behind at her home when she vanished. Her disappearance was not reported for several weeks because her family believed she was staying with her friends in New Mexico. Then Stephanie's grandmother got a typed letter supposedly from Stephanie which stated she was living in Hobbs. But the letter was postmarked #Lubbock, Texas, and when Stephanie's grandmother noticed this she became suspicious and contacted police.

Foul play is suspected in Stephanie's disappearance. Investigators interviewed the friends who supposedly took her to Hobbs, and they all said they did not pick her up. In 2004, police tested a hair of Stephanie's against the saliva on the envelope flap of the letter that was sent to her grandmother. The saliva was not Stephanie's and they know it came from a male, not a female.
Ricky is considered a possible suspect in his wife's disappearance, but has not been charged in connection with it. Stephanie's case remains unsolved."
Unsolved Cold Cases

Justice for Jeannie Quinn
The July 11th post and comments provide some updated points of view regarding the suspected perp.
Thank you! I appreciate you posting all the links!

Hi I am Jeannie’s aunt. You can help keep him in jail by signing this petition and please follow her Facebook page.
Sign the Petition

Her Facebook page is Justice for Jeannie Quinn.
All updates on both cars are on there.

Please keep these beautiful angels in your prayers.

Thank you so much! I will read through all the latest links and check out this petition!

My thoughts are always with these ladies and certainly with all of you who are family and friends! I am praying that Justice is served soon!

•MMcG•

Thank you! I appreciate you posting all the links!

Thank you so much! I will read through all the latest links and check out this petition!

My thoughts are always with these ladies and certainly with all of you who are family and friends! I am praying that Justice is served soon!

•MMcG•
Thank you so much.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie