1418 users online (203 members and 1215 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

Trump's "Real" News Series

Aug 7 2017, 2:22 pm ET

Fake News? Trump Launches ‘Real News’ Series

by Ali Vitali

WASHINGTON — If you don't like what they're saying, change the conversation. Or, in the case of President Donald Trump's campaign, produce your own news series.

In the fight against what Trump has decried as "fake news" about him and his administration, his team has launched their own version of events: Taking the president's frequent laments about a lack of media focus on jobs, the stock market and the economy and turning it into a weekly video posted to Facebook focusing on just that.

"More great economic news on Friday," former pro-Trump cable news commentator Kayleigh McEnany says, seated in front of a blue Trump-Pence themed wall to give "the real news." ...

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whit...series-n790241

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    It shouldn't come as a yuge surprise for intelligent people that Trump wants the U.S.A. to have state-controlled media. Yet another step towards an authoritarian or dictatorial government. No thanks, Mr. President!
    Last edited by BetteDavisEyes; 08-07-2017 at 05:00 PM.

The S--t just keeps getting deeper and no one wants to clean it up. Everything he does screams dictatorial government.. What has happened to the USA I know and love ???

Good idea. Why should Trump's message get filtered through his enemies in the media. Why not talk to the people directly through Twitter and your own TV. What is the left afraid of? You are still free to watch your far left filtered news. It is your CHOICE. I thought you all like choice.
    Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

"When a government starts reporting and phrasing things as real news, that's the time to worry that you're being lied to," Columbia University government and politics professor Robert Shapiro told NBC News, pointing out that in this instance, the stats and stories McEnany was presenting "were perfectly accurate and truthful."

from the same article
    http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whit...series-n790241

Replace government with main stream media
    "When MAIN STREAM MEDIA starts reporting and phrasing things as real news, that's the time to worry that you're being lied to"

What makes CNN, ABC, NBC, MSNBC so beyond lying. I see them lie every night.
    Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

His message isn't filtered at all. He screams at the top of his lungs whatever it is his addled brain thinks up. It's his own fault his message is muddled because he doesn't communicate clearly. Just look at an uncut, unedited video of any of his speeches to see how unfocused and confusing his message is.

ALL IN THE FAMILY
    Lara Trump ‘Running the Show’ at ‘Trump TV

Though the videos are Trump campaign products, they do not contain “paid-for-by” disclosures required of most political advertisements. Legal experts say the campaign is likely relying on a legal loophole that exempts digital-only advertising from those disclosure rules.

The president “is now using campaign funds to create what looks like a quasi-state TV project,” according to Brendan Fischer, the director of the federal and FEC reform project at the Campaign Legal Center, an ethics watchdog group.

Though the “Trump TV” videos are broadcasted in front of a backdrop littered with the campaign’s web address, they don’t contain an official disclosure statement noting that they were paid for by the Trump campaign, Fischer noted.

“A disclaimer stating that this is paid for by the Trump campaign appears particularly important here,” Fischer said in an email, given efforts to present the videos as actual news broadcasts.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/lara-tr...ow-at-trump-tv

We don't need all those disclosures. We are smart people. Anyone tuning in probably knows any way. After all, they are watching TRUMP TV.

How very USSR.

Or 1984.

And still, they cheer him even as he further rapes this country.

SMDH

Based on what people will believe if it's posted on the internet, we absolutely do need disclosures of what's being paid for and by whom. People STILL believe Obama doesn't have a birth certificate for odin's sake. Oh and what was that about his "gay lovers" a few threads ago? Yeah, we need disclosures.

Not that they'll matter.

Trump can tweet out "Fake news, Real news" all day long, and it doesn't change a thing.

His trump tower political campaign infomercial just looks like delux spin. Actually it could even be insightful down the road... you never know.

It's what is happening around Trump that is what to look for. Like how is he going to handle escalating North Korea?

No spin news on that - so some of us are just not interested in trumps obsession with poll numbers and his obsession with blaming the media all the time because his numbers are bad...
    Last edited by rosemadderlake; 08-07-2017 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TMAN2014 View Post
    We don't need all those disclosures. We are smart people. Anyone tuning in probably knows any way. After all, they are watching TRUMP TV.
    Yes, we are smart people who very much know the difference between real media, investigative reporting, opinion editorials, and infomercials. I for one wanted to know who is paying for trump tv, and this also tells me that the republican campaign funds has shelled out bucks to create a studio and rent space from trump organization, in addition to paying his family...

ETA: Guess I am also wondering why trump feels he needs to do this in addition to the president's weekly radio address? And, benefit financially from trump tv...
    Last edited by rosemadderlake; 08-07-2017 at 06:30 PM.

Is it Republican National Committee funds paying for this or is it Trump 2020 Campaign funds?

The dear leader has to find a way to feed the script to 'his people'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brainwashing
    FACT: Only 19.41% of total US Citizens made the effort to place their vote for Trump, and he won. GET OUT AND VOTE!

Trump/Russia Timeline: http://billmoyers.com/story/trump-russia-timeline/

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysShocked View Post
    Is it Republican National Committee funds paying for this or is it Trump 2020 Campaign funds?
    Nevertheless, pro-Trump web videos has drawn scrutiny from Trump critics who say it resembles state-run propaganda. Though the videos are entirely produced by the campaign, not the White House, Trump is the first president to declare his re-election candidacy on the day of his inauguration, allowing him to use campaign resources to promote his agenda to a greater degree than his predecessors.

Good Q.
    Bbm: From the article I posted above...I'd wager RNC.

He's held at least one republican fund raiser at the post office hotel, so I am sure he believes it is justified...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast