Taylor Swift sexual assault trial in Denver, August 2017

gregjrichards

Reaction score
"Taylor Swift is heading into a public legal battle against an alleged groper this week as an act of solidarity with other women in and out of the music industry who have been sexually harassed or assaulted, some experts and advocates have speculated.

The pop music superstar appeared in a Denver court on Tuesday as a jury was finalized.

The lawsuit centers around her claim that former radio disc jockey — David "Jackson" Mueller — groped her during a 2013 fan meet-and-greet before a show. Swift and Mueller have sued one another over the alleged groping incident."

http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/...-sue-over-sexual-assault-case-experts-n790206

Is anyone else here following the case?

Wonder if any cat-ear hats were in the gallery???

I was pretty disgusted at the fans that waited in line for a seat at the court house yesterday for tickets to the public viewing gallery all smiling and excited. This is very serious and not a pop concert they are attending.

If someone gropes you, respond immediately with a slap to the face or a kick to the shin, even if it is in front of others.

If someone gropes you, respond immediately with a slap to the face or a kick to the shin, even if it is in front of others.

An elbow or two if the individual is behind you!

Let's not blame the victim here. Any woman who has ever been assaulted in this (or any other way) knows the stunned feeling of shock and repulsion. You can't always think of what to do at that moment. I believe her.

So vigilante style assault is the proper reaction? Are you saying assaulted people shouldn't get law enforcement involved but just take it into their own hands? I would imagine that more often than not doing that would turn a really bad situation into a worse one... Can you clarify?

So vigilante style assault is the proper reaction? Are you saying assaulted people shouldn't get law enforcement involved but just take it into their own hands? I would imagine that more often than not doing that would turn a really bad situation into a worse one... Can you clarify?
I am not the poster, but I thought the message was to draw immediate attention to what happened in the moment, not to harm the offender, both communicating to others that something happened and to the offender that this was noticed and is not ok. This approach and contacting authorities aren't mutually exclusive to me. I have seen people recommend similar to pregnant women who are touched without consent.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

I beleive her the arm is NOT ok

taylor-swift-dj-david-mueller-ftr.jpg

I was pretty disgusted at the fans that waited in line for a seat at the court house yesterday for tickets to the public viewing gallery all smiling and excited. This is very serious and not a pop concert they are attending.

I felt the same way when I saw that too. The way the dude is standing is not normal . If none of this was happening and I just saw the pic I would have thought he has his hand on her butt not ok

"Taylor Swift took the stand Thursday morning for the groping case against a Denver DJ.

She told the jury: 'It was a definite grab. A very long grab.'

The judge just announced her mother Andrea not feeling well today and has been excused. Taylor's brother Austin was seen arriving to the courthouse with her publicist Tree Paine.

On Wednesday, Andrea sobbed on the stand as she spoke about the moment she was informed her daughter had been groped, telling court that she knew something was 'horribly wrong' the moment she walked into her dressing room.
Andrea, 59, said: 'I went into the dressing room and I saw her face. I could see that there was something horribly wrong. She [Swift] said, 'Mom, a guy just grabbed my *advertiser censored*.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4778784/Taylor-Swift-testify-groping-case.html#ixzz4pMkNzjFI

I agree CARIIS the photo isn't right at all. It's a pity Taylor never filed charges against him who knows how long he may have been doing this. I understand why she didn't though.

His arm is OBVIOUSLY in the wrong place. He says his hand was 'in the small of her back.' NO WAY. It is way too low for that.

From the goofy smile on his face it seems rather obvious he was doing a 'prank' grab of the young artists bottom---so he could laugh with his friends. What a pathetic creeper. :mad:

Testimony from today's hearing

"Taylor also said that Mueller 'did not touch my rib, he did not touch my hand, he grabbed my bare *advertiser censored*.'

When grilled about how she felt about Mueller losing his job because of the allegations, Taylor countered by saying, 'I am not going to allow your client make me feel like it anyway it's my fault because it isn't.

She said that she doesn't have any feelings on Mueller as a person, 'I don't know him, but what he did was despicable.'

Mueller's attorney further grilled Taylor on whether or not she was sure Mueller was the one who grabbed her butt, 'he had a handful of my *advertiser censored*. I know it was him. I didn't need a photograph. I could have picked him out of a line of a thousand people. I know exactly who did this, this what happened. It happened to me. I know it was him.'

After a little under an hour on the stand, Mueller's attorney had no further questions and Taylor's attorney Douglas Baldridge and no question.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4778784/Taylor-Swift-testify-groping-case.html#ixzz4pNF7oRwa

I’ve always liked this young lady. She has grace and confidence.

I give Taylor a lot of kudos.

I hope her actions give confidence to a lot of other women who stay silent.

"A judge has thrown out the DJ's 'groping' lawsuit against Taylor Swift, saying he can't prove that her claims got him fired from a radio station.

David 'Jackson' Mueller claimed that Swift made libelous statements about him that led to his dismissal from the radio station.

On Friday afternoon, Swift's attorney made the motion for a summary judgement and the lawyers argued their case to judge without jurors present before breaking for a 10 minute recess.

Her lawyer asked for former Denver KYGO DJ Mueller's case to be dismissed. A few hours later the judge granted the request.

After U.S. District Judge William Martinez’s ruling, Swift and her team shared a celebratory hug.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-takes-stand-groping-trial.html#ixzz4pUw4hF3t

I'm glad his case failed he had some nerve suing Taylor after what happened. If he wants to know who lost him his job and reputation he should look in the mirror.

Came to post the news, you're FTF (First To Find) in the geocaching world.

Congrats, Taylor Swift!

"Taylor Swift cried in court on Monday as David Mueller's lawyer claimed in his closing argument that a photo proves the former Denver DJ would not have been able to put his hand under her skirt.

The photo, which Swift's legal team has used as evidence for much of the trial, shows Mueller, 55, with his arm behind the 27-year-old singer who is leaning away.

Swift countersued Mueller for assault and battery after he sued her for falsely accusing him of groping her, costing him his job. The judge threw out his lawsuit against Swift on Friday, saying he could not prove that her claims got him fired from radio station KYGO.

Swift's attorney Douglas Baldridge pointed out how Swift had no reason to make the story up and was not seeking a large payout but a $1 token award instead.
'Taylor Swift has no desire to bankrupt this man.'

'A single dollar on the counter claim is of immeasurable value.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ft-fights-DJ-1-token-award.html#ixzz4plgqyVo4

It is disgusting what they are putting Taylor through.

"Taylor Swift just got very important new fans ... and they just unanimously gave her a huge win in her butt groping trial.

The jury ruled David Mueller did indeed commit sexual assault by grabbing her butt at a meet and greet after a 2013 Denver concert. They gave her $1, which is what she was asking.

The jury also ruled Taylor's mother and staff did not intentionally interfere with Mueller's employment.

As we reported ... Tay filed her $1 countersuit against the former DJ on principal.
Taylor was in court to hear the verdict.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/08/14/taylor-swift-butt-grab-trial-verdict/

"Taylor Swift just got very important new fans ... and they just unanimously gave her a huge win in her butt groping trial.

The jury ruled David Mueller did indeed commit sexual assault by grabbing her butt at a meet and greet after a 2013 Denver concert. They gave her $1, which is what she was asking.

The jury also ruled Taylor's mother and staff did not intentionally interfere with Mueller's employment.

As we reported ... Tay filed her $1 countersuit against the former DJ on principal.
Taylor was in court to hear the verdict.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/08/14/taylor-swift-butt-grab-trial-verdict/

The thing the groper never explained is why she would make up a story like that to begin with and contact his employer.

Pig thought he was entitled. We have to start teaching our girls to immediately turn around and beat the tar out of anyone who touches them inappropriately. People think they can get away with this stuff because they do.

I love that she sued him for a dollar. Now may his name ever be ruined.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unimog
Back