1232 users online (227 members and 1005 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    He had to hire bodyguards because of death threats.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...odyguards.html
    Just my opinion

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...runs-near.html

The wrongfully arrested guy is a runner, but his daily route isn't near where the woman was attacked.

So even if he hadn't been in the US at the time, it still would've been a case of mistaken identity. After all, cctv cameras are likely in that area too.

Quote Originally Posted by Klarys View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...runs-near.html

The wrongfully arrested guy is a runner, but his daily route isn't near where the woman was attacked.

So even if he hadn't been in the US at the time, it still would've been a case of mistaken identity. After all, cctv cameras are likely in that area too.
    Poster here posted the link to his exercise routine. That daily routine however is from 4 years ago, in 2013. Really wouldn't prove anything. Of course him not being in the UK eliminates him as a suspect and police should have checked that.
    Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    Poster here posted the link to his exercise routine. That daily routine however is from 4 years ago, in 2013. Really wouldn't prove anything. Of course him not being in the UK eliminates him as a suspect and police should have checked that.
    Re the BBM
    Seems once police were told of his alibi they did check it and eliminate him. I wouldn't expect police to spend a lot of time checking if he was in this country before bringing him in for questioning though - how were they to know he had an ironclad alibi before his arrest?
    The pure and simple truth is rarely pure, and never simple - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by jessie View Post
    Re the BBM
    Seems once police were told of his alibi they did check it and eliminate him. I wouldn't expect police to spend a lot of time checking if he was in this country before bringing him in for questioning though - how were they to know he had an ironclad alibi before his arrest?
    And here I always thought police should investigate before arresting someone. What evidence did they have to begin with? Clearly he couldn't have done it if he wasn't even in the country, so whatever that evidence was, it wasn't any good.
    Just my opinion

And here I always thought police should investigate before arresting someone. What evidence did they have to begin with? Clearly he couldn't have done it if he wasn't even in the country, so whatever that evidence was, it wasn't any good.

I do agree, the police say "they had reasonable grounds to arrest him" but I don't know what 'reasonable grounds' would be. ?
    One of my nightmares is to be arrested for something I didn't do and then unable to provide a substantiated alibi

I do agree, the police say "they had reasonable grounds to arrest him" but I don't know what 'reasonable grounds' would be. ?
    One of my nightmares is to be arrested for something I didn't do and then unable to provide a substantiated alibi
    My guess somebody thought he looked like the image and turned him in. But the face on the image isn't very clear so would that be reasonable? One would think police could have questioned him without arresting him.
    Just my opinion

My guess somebody thought he looked like the image and turned him in. But the face on the image isn't very clear so would that be reasonable? One would think police could have questioned him without arresting him.

I'm a bit flaky on UK Law, but if police turned up at my door and wanted to take me to a police station to be questioned - about something I hadn't done - I would refuse.

I think under these circumstances they do arrest one as a means to take one in for questioning (suppose everyone, even the guilty, claim innocence)?. But of course they must have "reasonable grounds" for doing so, and it hinges on whatever these 'grounds' are doesn't it?.

ETA Just to add I think his name and details being obtained by the press and then published in MSM is atrocious. This man was never charged with a crime.
    Last edited by jessie; 08-13-2017 at 10:31 AM.

I'm a bit flaky on UK Law, but if police turned up at my door and wanted to take me to a police station to be questioned - about something I hadn't done - I would refuse.

I think under these circumstances they do arrest one as a means to take one in for questioning (suppose everyone, even the guilty, claim innocence)?. But of course they must have "reasonable grounds" for doing so, and it hinges on whatever these 'grounds' are doesn't it?.

ETA Just to add I think his name and details being obtained by the press and then published in MSM is atrocious. This man was never charged with a crime.
    They could have questioned him with a lawyer present. Since he has an iron-clad alibi, I presume he would have agreed to that.
    Just my opinion

In the UK it seems like LE can arrest someone for questioning, from what I have read and seen. They have to release them within a timeframe that can only be extended if more evidence surfaces during that timeframe. But not sure how that affects Americans.
    Just my opinion, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    In the UK it seems like LE can arrest someone for questioning, from what I have read and seen. They have to release them within a timeframe that can only be extended if more evidence surfaces during that timeframe. But not sure how that affects Americans.
    When you are in a country, the laws of that land prevail, whatever your nationality.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer17 View Post
    When you are in a country, the laws of that land prevail, whatever your nationality.
    This is correct unless you have diplomatic immunity.
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

Re the BBM
    In my mind the issue isn't bringing him in for questioning, it's the fact that they released his name to the public/media before know they had the right man.

From what has been reported, police didn't release his name (at least officially). Not sure how media got it.
    Just my opinion

Meanwhile, somebody somewhere, has likely changed his look, routine and demeanor, imo.speculation.
    https://www.google.ca/search?q=jogge...RsFslhPgD-h2M:
    Last edited by dotr; 08-13-2017 at 01:53 PM.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast