UNSOLVED UK - London, woman pushed into path of bus, 5 May 2017

Indy Anna

Reaction score
The London Metropolitan Police are now seeking the public's assistance in identifying a jogger who pushed a pedestrian into the path of a bus on the Putney Bridge. The bus swerved in time, thankfully, and the woman suffered only minor injuries but the man has not been located. The incident was captured on video, which has been released.

Image of jogger:

W126-17-CCTVStill-267x300.jpg

Police describe the jogger as a man in his early- to mid-30s with brown eyes and short brown hair.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...us-on-a-london-bridge/?utm_term=.5c41c81806b5

[video=youtube;6vE0IWquRNw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vE0IWquRNw[/video]

Wondering what/if he has something in his hand that looks like a coffee cup, what happened to it when the woman was pushed? imo.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/08/police-hunt-jogger-woman-pushed-path-oncoming-bus/

"It was only due to the superb quick reactions of the bus driver that she was not hit by the vehicle."

The Metropolitan Police said the bus stopped and passengers tended to the woman - who received minor injuries - following the incident on Friday, May 5 at about 7.40am.
Officers said the jogger ran the other way across the bridge around 15 minutes later and the victim attempted to speak to him, but "he did not acknowledge her".
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...dge-metropolitan-police-footage-a7881996.html
CCTV captured from the back of a passing bus appears to show the jogger shoving the woman to his right with both hands, causing her to fall head-first into the road.

rbbm.

If that was me, you bet I would have hunted him down. I hope they find him

I just can't understand how anyone could be so selfish and arrogant enough to do this to another human being and have a total disregard for their safety and wellbeing?

Hope they catch him.

And why? From the video it didn't look like they were going to collide. Hope they catch him quickly. Somebody knows who he is, video is clear.

cannot wait until they catch this !@#$%^!

what would he be charged with? assault? attempted murder?

I saw this earlier on Reddit but just ASSumed it had been an accidental bumping but upon closer inspection....what the heck?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

image.jpg

About 15 minutes later the jogger came back the other way across the bridge. The victim tried to speak to him but he did not acknowledge her and carried on jogging. The jogger is described as a white man, aged early to mid 30s, with brown eyes and short brown hair, he was wearing a light grey t-shirt and dark blue shorts. The man was running on the east side across Putney Bridge heading towards Putney Bridge Tube Station on May 5.

Read more at: http://www.scotsman.com/news/video-jogger-pushes-woman-into-path-of-bus-and-keeps-running-1-4526004

Thanks for starting a thread on this Indy Anna.
I watched it on the news yesterday and played that clip about a dozen times. I saw some comments where people said the woman had put out her leg to trip him up - but watching the clip in slo mo it is clear that he deliberately moves across towards her and raises his arms to push her over.

The bit in the news that puzzled me was where he comes back , about 15 minutes later, and just ignores the woman - who is presumably still on the bridge, with perhaps others assisting her ( the reports said the bus stopped and passengers got off to help her ). Very odd.

Also interesting that this happened in May but only now is it being made headline news with a search for this man.

Thanks for starting a thread on this Indy Anna.
I watched it on the news yesterday and played that clip about a dozen times. I saw some comments where people said the woman had put out her leg to trip him up - but watching the clip in slo mo it is clear that he deliberately moves across towards her and raises his arms to push her over.

The bit in the news that puzzled me was where he comes back , about 15 minutes later, and just ignores the woman - who is presumably still on the bridge, with perhaps others assisting her ( the reports said the bus stopped and passengers got off to help her ). Very odd.

Also interesting that this happened in May but only now is it being made headline news with a search for this man.

That's what i was thinking...why are we now only hearing about this in August?

That video is so freaky! Like what the heck? Just looking at it one would think he had it out for her specifically... Maybe he doesn't like non joggers on that same path? What an entitled nutcase regardless... I hope they find him and charge him with everything they can.

That video is so freaky! Like what the heck? Just looking at it one would think he had it out for her specifically... Maybe he doesn't like non joggers on that same path? What an entitled nutcase regardless... I hope they find him and charge him with everything they can.

Rbbm.
Wondering if it was part of the woman's usual routine to be there at that time ?
If so, could it be a targeted attack, planned in advance?
Speculation, imo.

As far as I can tell he isn't running on a jogging path build specifically for joggers. So if he doesn't like non joggers he should be going somewhere else. I hope they find him. Seems like images are clear and somebody knows who he is.

He ignores the man walking but attacks the woman.

Im curious if she is texting or doing something where she would be distracted and he didnt like that, and maybe thats a cause for the push. Like a "look where your walking, IM JOGGIN OVA HERRE!"

Im curious if she is texting or doing something where she would be distracted and he didnt like that, and maybe thats a cause for the push. Like a "look where your walking, IM JOGGIN OVA HERRE!"

A video is available. She wasn't walking into him.
"He’s little more than a blur in the footage, described by witnesses as a white man in his mid-thirties with short brown hair, and he appears to deviate from his path in a concerted effort to attack the woman – in other words, she’s not in his way and he doesn’t elbow her to the side with unfortunate effect, but rather he sees her ahead and swerves toward her in order to give her a proper two-handed shove into the busy adjacent road."
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices...sexism-misogyny-right-questions-a7884126.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back