917 users online (180 members and 737 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

PA - Miriam Acevedo, 36, Reading, 24 Dec 2005 - Pregnant

Search Intensifies for Missing Pregnant Woman

Karin Mallett
    WFMZ

Story posted on 2006-01-03 18:56:00

A desperate search is on for a Shillington woman who's been missing since Christmas Eve. The family of 36-year-old Miriam Acevedo says she is pregnant, and they are holding onto hope that both Miriam and her unborn baby will soon be found alive.
    http://wfmz.com/cgi-bin/tt.cgi?action=view...y&storyid=11835

Happiness...consists in giving, and in serving others.
    - Henry Drummond

Police Search For Missing Pregnant Mother

Jan 5, 2006 12:29 pm US/Eastern

(CBS 3) READING, PA

Cumru police are investigating the Christmas Eve disappearance of a pregnant mother of two who is need of medication for diabetes.

Police say 36-year-old Miriam Acevedo, of Cumru Township, Berks County, was last seen the evening of December 24th visiting a friend on Cotton Street in Reading. Acevedo left her friend and never returned home.

Acevedo’s car, a gray 1990 Toyota Celica, was discovered New Year’s Day in the parking lot of the Oak Forest Apartment complex in Muhlenberg Township.

Acevedo lives with her boyfriend; one-year-old daughter and 17-year-old son who police say she has had no contact with since Christmas Eve.

http://kyw.com/topstories/local_story_005111835.html

- Henry Drummond

Police Report Leads in Case of Missing Woman

Story posted on 01-05-2006 18:56:00

Police say they're following leads in the search for a missing Cumru Township woman.

As 69 News first told you on Monday, 36-year-old Miriam Acevedo was last seen on Christmas Eve.
    Her family says the mother of two is pregnant and also has a diabetic condition.
    They say she went to meet someone at the Cotton Mouth Bar in Reading the night she went missing.
    Police won't say if they've spoken with that person.
    Acevedo's car was found at the Oak Forest Apartments in Reading on Sunday.
    Cumru Township Police say there have been no reported sightings of Miriam Acevedo and that they're working on the case
    24-7.

http://wfmz.com/cgi-bin/tt.cgi?action=view...y&storyid=11912

- Henry Drummond

Another pregnant woman....and on Christmas eve too. I wonder if the boyfriend has a air tight alibi. Also wonder how far along she is. Hope she is found soon. Doesn't seem like she would leave her car at an apt complex and her 1 yr old behind. Doesn't sound good at all.

She was meeting someone at a bar? Wish the media would give a quote from that person.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbisangel
    Another pregnant woman....and on Christmas eve too. I wonder if the boyfriend has a air tight alibi. Also wonder how far along she is. Hope she is found soon. Doesn't seem like she would leave her car at an apt complex and her 1 yr old behind. Doesn't sound good at all.
    2 months pregnant . I hope she is OK but I dont believe she would willingly leave a 1 year old.

Pregnant Berks Co. Woman Missing

January 6, 2006 - The mystery is deepening over the disappearance of a pregnant Berks County woman. The car belonging to 36-year-old Miriam Acevedo has been found at an apartment complex in Reading. But, there has been no sign of the missing woman. She vanished Christmas Eve and family and friends are anxious to find out where she is.

The single mother of a one-year-old girl, who recently learned she was pregnant, has been missing since Christmas Eve. She told her family then she was going to a Reading bar to comfort a male acquaintance who was going through a sad divorce. Miriam's aunt says that acquaintance has never given the family a clear explanation of what occurred. About an hour after going to the bar, Miriam called her fiancée. Her voice was picked up on an answering device. Her fiancée was apparently in a deep sleep and did not hear the plea.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=3789714

- Henry Drummond

If you read on it says that the family hasn't been able to get anything out of the person she was going to meet that night. Reading isn't somewhere you want to be alone at night but Cotton Street in particular is the absolute LAST place you'd want to be even if you're with people...

- Henry Drummond

Not another pregnant woman???
    This is just getting ridiculous.
    I hope LE has totally questioned the fiancee too.

I'm not so sure I think it was the husband this time. Miriam had a 17 year old son and a one year old daughter...I would think her fiancee was home taking care of their daughter.

- Henry Drummond

From the above link: "Her voice was picked up on an answering device. Her fiancée was apparently in a deep sleep and did not hear the plea."

"Plea" makes it sound as if it were more than just a message "checking in". She must have called the fiance for help. I hope she is ok.

Search For Missing Pregnant Woman Intensifies

(CBS 3) READING, PA. The search intensifies as another day passes with no sign of Miriam Acevedo; the mother of two is also two months pregnant.

She was last seen Christmas Eve in Reading and although the search is happening more than 60-miles away from Philadelphia, the story hits home for a Philadelphia father.

“This is one thing that I said, I felt really bad for my daughter that I was willing to go out and help other families to help them find missing loved ones,” said Melvin Figueroa.

Melvin Figueroa lost his pregnant daughter, Latoyia, last summer. She was missing for weeks before she was found murdered in Chester, Pa.

All too familiar with the family’s pain, Melvin is now helping search for the 36-year-old Acevedo. However, everyone is praying for a different outcome.

Her mother said all she can think of is her daughter. “I know she is alive, she is alive and we are gonna get her soon,” said Maria Acevedo, adding, “I feel that we are gonna get her soon.”

http://kyw.com/topstories/local_story_007214926.html

- Henry Drummond

When I said before that Reading is a place you don't really want to be, I honestly meant it. Last night I was at my fiancee's house (he lives in Reading, not too far from the bar where Miriam was) and someone shot my car while I was in his house. We heard the gunshots but didn't think much of it (cause it's a pretty common occurance). His mom called the police and reported it because she thought it sounded really close, and she was sleeping and it woke her up. I guess they checked all the cars on the street and of course mine was the only one that got hit. They also shot into an apartment building down the street but luckily no one got hurt. Now it's just gonna be a huge headache to get it fixed. As soon as I got home I took pictures...http://tinyurl.com/8qn4m

- Henry Drummond

Thank goodness you weren't in the car, Paradise!
    You put the light in me...

Police Report New Information in Case of Missing Berks Woman
    Story posted on 2006-01-10 19:26:00

New information tonight on where a missing pregnant woman from Cumru Township was last seen. Police believe Miriam Acevedo was at the Little Brown Jug in Reading before disappearing on Christmas Eve.

WFMZ's Karin Mallett joins us now live outside that bar with the latest on the investigation.
    Karin?

Miriam has been missing for more than 2 weeks now.
    Last week, we reported she was last seen at the Cotton Mouth Bar in Reading, that's what the family says they had been told.
    But new information released by police today puts Miriam here at a different bar - the Little Brown Jug on Lancaster Avenue in Reading.

Det. Jed Habecker:
    She was there in the company of a male- they were arguing, they argued inside the bar, they argued on the sidewalk outside the bar.

http://wfmz.com/cgi-bin/tt.cgi?actio...&storyid=12044

- Henry Drummond

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast