MD MD - Desiree Lenahan, 30, Germantown, 24 April 1989

SurrealisticSlumbers

Reaction score
attachment.php

Desiree Lenahan
Missing since April 24, 1989

Lenahan, age 30, failed to show to work at her place of employment on the morning of April 24, 1989. She worked at Remax, on 6 Montgomery Village Ave., in Gaithersburg, MD. She was operating a beige-colored 1985 Hyundai Excel two-door sedan, bearing the VIN# KMHLD11J3GUD014715.

Her live-in boyfriend stated that Lenahan had left him a note telling him she had stolen money from her employer, was leaving without mentioning her destination, she loved him, and goodbye.

Physical Attributes

Race:
White
Sex: Female
Age last seen: 30 (would be 58 today)
Height: 5' 5"
Weight: 140-150 lbs. (approx.)
Hair color: Strawberry Blonde
Note: Lenahan's natural hair color was auburn, but a week prior to her disappearance had dyed it blonde.
Eye color: Blue

Unknown what clothing or accessories she was wearing.
No known medical conditions or distinctive body features.
Her DNA sample is entered/available.

Investigating Agency: Montgomery County Police Dept.
Major Crimes Division
Phone: (240) 773-5100
Case #: G89-094697
Case Manager: Pamela Reed
Phone: (817) 666-5432

Attachments

• lenahan.jpg
    lenahan.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 90
attachment.php

Desiree Lenahan
Missing since April 24, 1989

Lenahan, age 30, failed to show to work at her place of employment on the morning of April 24, 1989. She worked at Remax, on 6 Montgomery Village Ave., in Gaithersburg, MD. She was operating a beige-colored 1985 Hyundai Excel two-door sedan, bearing the VIN# KMHLD11J3GUD014715.

Her live-in boyfriend stated that Lenahan had left him a note telling him she had stolen money from her employer, was leaving without mentioning her destination, she loved him, and goodbye.

Physical Attributes

Race:
White
Sex: Female
Age last seen: 30 (would be 58 today)
Height: 5' 5"
Weight: 140-150 lbs. (approx.)
Hair color: Strawberry Blonde
Note: Lenahan's natural hair color was auburn, but a week prior to her disappearance had dyed it blonde.
Eye color: Blue

Unknown what clothing or accessories she was wearing.
No known medical conditions or distinctive body features.
Her DNA sample is entered/available.

Investigating Agency: Montgomery County Police Dept.
Major Crimes Division
Phone: (240) 773-5100
Case #: G89-094697
Case Manager: Pamela Reed
Phone: (817) 666-5432

Thanks, SS, I'll have to look her up. This is near my neck of the woods but I'd never heard of her case before.

Was money really missing from her job?

I uncovered nothing of the sort in my cursory case search of the MD judiciary case database. No records of any theft documented... So if she did steal from Remax, that was never reported. There is just no record of it that I can see.

What I did find in my search of her name in the system, was that after her disappearance, her parents, Walter and Patricia Lenahan (of Arlington, VA), appealed for guardianship of her estate; this was granted in Dec. '92. Once they became guardians of the property they decided to sell it that following year, and Desiree was declared delinquent in filing her income tax several months after her disappearance.

Oh, and Doe Network reports her height as being slightly taller than what is stated in NamUs - says she was 5' 7".

Her father's obituary from 2014; no mention of Desiree...
LENAHAN, Walter

Interesting - so maybe they believed she did steal from the company and run away and maybe that was shameful to the family? Or maybe the memory of losing her was too painful for them.

So they never found her car? Maybe she really did run off to start a new life, as rare as that might be.

I think Desiree's case needs more attention. Something happened to her.
Was she a victim, or did she actually choose to walk away from her life?
I personally don't think the story about the note she allegedly left rings true.
I wonder if LE obtained the note and believe she wrote it.
I wonder what LE thinks happened to her and what her family thought / thinks.

Last edited:
I suppose they think she is deceased... we don't know what the woman's mental state was at the time, if she was clinically depressed for example. Could've been suicidal.

Also, could have generally been dissatisfied with life and at a crossroads at 30, had a bad relationship with the boyfriend and wanted an easy way out. Who knows.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back