1328 users online (230 members and 1098 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Great news

LINK

( Sent from KSTP )

<snip>

Tuesday night, Alexandria police announced three individuals have been arrested in connection to B's disappearance. The release said the identities of those individuals is not being released because it could jeopardize ongoing efforts in the investigation.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tlcya; 09-06-2017 at 08:20 PM. Reason: redact

Quote Originally Posted by Damarna View Post
    LINK

( Sent from KSTP )

<snip>

Tuesday night, Alexandria police announced three individuals have been arrested in connection to B's disappearance. The release said the identities of those individuals is not being released because it could jeopardize ongoing efforts in the investigation.

I wonder if these three are the same ones she was spotted with at the beginning?
    Last edited by tlcya; 09-06-2017 at 08:20 PM. Reason: redact

When accused abductors left for lunch, teen ran and swam to escape before finding help

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news...e-finding-help

A brave young lady!

http://www.kare11.com/news/police-ki...tors/471665592

( Sent from KARE 11 )

Quote Originally Posted by Damarna View Post
    A brave young lady!

http://www.kare11.com/news/police-ki...tors/471665592

( Sent from KARE 11 )

Quote from link:
    Chief Wyffels believes JB was kidnapped that night by a man whom she knew. The man claimed he needed JB's help with a "family situation." Chief Wyffels says that was the beginning of JB's nightmare.

She was tied up and taken to a home in Carlos, Minnesota. There, Wyffels says JB was repeatedly physically and sexually assaulted. She was often times kept in a closet and often threatened.

On Sept. 6, the three suspects (two from Carlos and one from Mankato) drove JB to several locations, including a cornfield in Grant County. That afternoon, the men left JB alone to get food. Chief Wyffels said this was the first time in 29 days she had the opportunity to escape.

JB ran for help, knocking on the doors of several homes, but no answer.

She eventually swam across a portion of Thompson Lake. Once to shore, she ran to a nearby farm where a man immediately recognized her. He called 911.
    I redacted her name in the quote and will request her name be redacted for the rest of the thread. This poor girl went through hell and it's amazing she is alive.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21

Quote Originally Posted by Gardener1850 View Post
    Quote from link:

I redacted her name in the quote and will request her name be redacted for the rest of the thread. This poor girl went through hell and it's amazing she is alive.
    Thank you!! I was just coming to do that now that I'm on my desktop!

http://kstp.com/news/missing-alexand...thers/4596162/

Suspects identified

The suspects

800alexsuspects.jpg

(Left) Thomas Barker, (middle) Steven Powers, (right) Joshua Holby

As is Websleuths practice, the name and image of this minor victim of abduction and SA have been redacted from this thread.

I believe I have caught all instances where name or image appeared. If you see any I missed please do alert on them so I can do so. Going forward please use only her initials so that we here at WS can afford this child her privacy as much as is possible. Thanks, tlcya
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Quote Originally Posted by tlcya View Post
    As is Websleuths practice, the name and image of this minor victim of abduction and SA have been redacted from this thread.

I believe I have caught all instances where name or image appeared. If you see any I missed please do alert on them so I can do so. Going forward please use only her initials so that we here at WS can afford this child her privacy as much as is possible. Thanks, tlcya
    Thank you for your hard work and dedication to protecting the victims, tlcya!!

Her mom's been on the news locally.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tlcya View Post

Thank you so much!

Authorities arrested these three men on suspicion of kidnapping, false imprisonment and assault.

They are 32-year-old Thomas Barker of Carlos, Minnesota.
    20-year-old Steven Powers of Mankato and 31-year-old Joshua Holby of Carlos.
    Police say JB knew Barker and got into his car when he said he needed help.

He restrained her with zip ties, repeatedly assaulted her and threatened her with weapons.

Holby and Powers lived with Barker and took part in the assaults.
    http://www.wday.com/news/4323858-new...g-missing-teen

I can't get over how horrific this must have been for her. What a brave girl to have survived and escaped!

JB finally escaped late last week, when the three men left her alone for the first time in 29 days, while they traveled to a rural area of Grant County for lunch.

JB ran for help, trying several homes, before she swam across part of Thompson Lake to find a home where someone could help her.

Alexandria Police say they are still investigating the incident. They are now looking for more details about the rural area where JB was taken before her escape and are looking for her shoes and pants that were lost while she was swimming to find help.

Investigators are asking farmers in Pope, Grant and Douglas counties to check their corn fields for damage associated with vehicles driving through them, and for anglers at Thompson Lake to report any clothing located floating or on the shoreline.
    http://www.valleynewslive.com/conten...442917113.html

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast