745 users online (78 members and 667 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 82 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1229
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    10,298

    IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #6 *Arrest*

    ATTENTION WEBSLEUTHS MEMBERS:

    Recently a handful of posters has been bickering, going off topic, and in general being a major pain in our moderator’s behinds.

    The next person that argues posts something totally off topic or does anything against our terms of service that poster will get a time out and I will keep giving time outs until everyone understands.

    This thread is about Yingying and her tragic murder. It is not for you to bicker back and forth about things that have NOTHING to do with Yingying.


    If you have a problem with a post, hit the Alert button in the lower left-hand corner and follow the directions. Even if a poster directly calls you out, you need to ignore and alert. Let us handle it.


    We do not allow rumors, posts from other forums, or posts from other blogs.


    We do allow things relevant to the case to be discussed. Since the Fetlife website is in the affidavit, then we can discuss what this site has to do with the case. Please do not post any pictures or links to the site.


    If you see something you don’t like you must alert and then scroll past the problem post.


    Finally, our moderator “liltexans” is a fantastic and dedicated moderator. When liltexan speaks, you must listen to her. Show her the respect she deserves as one of our moderators.


    You don’t want me to come back to this thread again. I am old, cranky, and I am desperate for a chocolate shake; therefore, I am not in a great mood. Best to listen to liltexan and post without violating our terms of service http://www.websleuths.com/forums/misc.php?do=showrules


    Thank you,

    Tricia Griffith Owner/Websleuths.com











    UPDATE: Police release new details about missing UI scholar



    Police spokesman Pat Wade said Yingying Zhang, 26, boarded a Champaign-Urbana Mass Transit District Teal line bus at 1:35 p.m. Friday at the south shelter at the Orchard Downs complex in Urbana. She got off the bus at 1:52 p.m. at Springfield and Mathews avenues in Urbana and hasn't been seen since then.

    Wade said the last time she was seen, Zhang was wearing a charcoal-gray hat with a white logo on the front, a white/pink flannel long-sleeve shirt, a white undershirt, jeans, white shoes and a navy-blue backpack. She has shoulder-length brown hair and wears glasses.




    Multiple attempts to contact her at her home and on her cellphone have been unsuccessful, Wade said. Police have also talked to friends and checked local hospitals, as is routine in missing-persons cases.

    The visiting scholar from China was headed to the One North apartment complex on North Lincoln Avenue in Urbana on Friday to sign a lease, Wade said.

    "She texted the property manager at One North at 1:30 p.m., said she was going to be late and never showed up. That was the last anyone has heard from her," he said.
    http://www.news-gazette.com/news/loc...i-scholar.html

    The FBI says it has located the car that a missing Chinese scholar studying at the University of Illinois was last seen getting into earlier this month.

    The FBI said in a Tuesday statement that it's received "numerous leads" regarding the black Saturn Astra and won't need any further information on the vehicle. Authorities also said they've developed "several additional leads" in the investigation.

    FBI spokesman Brad Ware declined to give further details.

    http://abc7chicago.com/news/fbi-loca...-case/2155842/

    On Friday night, a day after hundreds marched in Urbana in support of Yingying Zhang, the FBI announced the arrest of Brendt Christensen, 28, of Champaign, on a federal criminal complaint that charges him with Zhang’s June 9 kidnapping.

    Authorities said they think Zhang is no longer alive based on audio FBI agents heard of Christensen, under surveillance Thursday, describing how he kidnapped her and what the bureau described only as “other facts uncovered during the investigation of this matter.”

    FBI spokesman Brad Ware said he couldn’t comment on where Zhang might be, saying: “It’s still an ongoing investigation.”

    http://www.news-gazette.com/news/loc...bi-presumes-he

    Previous Thread - #5
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by liltexans; 08-09-2017 at 02:02 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Posts
    21,970
    Dear Websleuths Members,

    In true crime, we have to deal with some very ugly topics, pictures, and situations.

    We are a true crime discussion forum. It's what we do.

    The police released documents saying the suspect had an account at Fetlife.

    Our member mrsobrien did incredible sleuthing and came up with some posts by the suspect at Fetlife.

    As sure as one can be the documents mrsobrien will post are from Brendt Christensen.

    Fetlife was in the documents released by the police and will more than likely play a big role in a trial if there is one.

    If you do not like it, if you find this offensive then you can choose not to participate in the discussion. You can leave the discussion
    altogether if you like but please do not post any complaints or accuse Websleuths of doing horrible things.

    Mrsobrien will be here shortly.

    Thank you mrsobrien and all the members who sleuthed this part of the case.

    Tricia


    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

    CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

    OR










  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,974

    Pre-modnipped!

    Personal disclaimer: I am a sex positive person with no issues with fetish communities. I also defend art and music like no other... in this context though, no beuno.

    The following details are from Brendt Christensen’s Fetlife profile, username Akuma689. I believe this gives much insight into his interests and possible motive for the kidnapping and probable murder of Yingying. Of particular interest is the themed groups (abduction, ropes/chains bondage, fear, domination, BDSM, etc) he was a member of. I did not enter the vast majority of these groups. I also did not find any posts made by BC, but it's possible that the search function doesn't allow to search by user or that he was a lurker. I did see some social interaction between he and other members local to him, I've redacted that content from my screen shots for their privacy.

    I viewed this site in the wee hours (PST) of July 1st, so keep that in mind when reading “24 days ago” and other time references. Given that I don't know what time zone Fetlife is in, the dates could be +/- 1 day as I was there between midnight and 1 am.

    You can see the shots here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?...WJUbENlc1NRMDQ

    I think that BC was on this site to network with folks with similar interests, though I bet he's among the very few that took his fantasy to a real life level. I have to wonder used the fantasy groups to inspire his crimes or if any of this content can provide insight into what he did to Yingying. Could he have filmed any part of the crime? Was she bound?

    June 9: Yingying disappears

    June 7: Date of last activity on Fetlife

    Info on Fetlife:*
    Akuma689, 28M Champaign, Ill
    Married, dating
    Is looking for a relationship, and mentor/teacher, and play partner, princess by day, s**t by night, friendship, and mistress, a sub, a slave.

    24 days prior to July 1st, approximately June 7, two days before Yingying disappears. BC updates his profile and engages in social activity that I won't detail out of respect for the other parties’ privacy.

    2 months prior to July 1: Active on Fetlife
    ****** Updates profile several times
    **** Changes role to Dominant
    ***** Changes his role to Hedonist
    ****** Lists himself as married
    ****** Lists himself as being interested in (this list is snipped for focus)
    Watching others wear shackles
    Sex with strangers
    Giving sensual domination
    Sensory deprivation
    Everything to do with sadomasochism
    Rituals
    Outdoor sex
    Giving Objectification
    Making home movies
    Giving fear
    Face slapping
    Exhibitionism
    Emotional sadism
    Degradation
    Defilement
    Watching others wear chains
    Giving belt whippings
    Giving behavior modification
    Receiving begging
    Giving bare bottom spanking
    Everything to do with: Anonymous encounters
    Everything to do with Abduction play
    Everything to do with Consensual nonconsent play
    Giving Domination
    Giving humiliation
    Giving Pain
    Giving sadism
    Giving discipline
    Giving Master/slave
    Giving Mind F***ks
    Everything to do with Predator/Prey
    Giving bondage

    Also two months prior to July 1st, joined groups (snipped)
    5 different local BDSM groups
    Domestic discipline
    Fear play
    Submissive/slaves
    Mental BDSM, verbal humiliation, & mind f’s
    Practicing polyamory
    Primal, all types
    Male owner, female property
    Consensual nonconsent, blackmail, and slavery
    Rope bondage
    Predicament bondage
    Behavior modification
    Anonymous encounters
    Abduction 101


    Three months prior to July 1st
    ******** Joined Fetlife
    ******** Changed nickname from Buck_Dich689 to Akuma689
    (Buck Dich is a song with very strong lyrics describing abuse and degradation http://www.lyricsfreak.com/r/rammste..._20619555.html)

    Eta: why I'm so sure it's him:
    He uses the prefix Akuma in other SM handles (Steam for example), 689 refers to his month and year of birth and is also used in other SM (Okcupid). The age, sex, and specific location are correct. There were pics including him in friends' profiles, I did not screen shot those as they were not his profile.

    Fetlife management has apparently confirmed his identity as well, there was a thread in Abduction 101 that bore his full real name shortly before the group disappeared from view. I didnt get to read it before it poofed. Not sure if the group has been deleted or is in some sort of invisible mode or something, I didn't officially join the group, I just lurked around. All his friends have removed references to relationships with him.


    I'm a skeptic by nature, but given all this...I'm 100% confident this is BC.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    3,929
    Mod Note

    BC's wife is OFF LIMITS.

    The woman from the march is OFF LIMITS.

    STOP discussing and/or asking questions about either of these women.

    STOP trying to find out if anyone is currently living in his apartment.

    TIme Outs will be issued to those who continue to post with a disregard for the rules.

    Final warning.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    16
    Hey I posted it in Thread #5 very shortly before it was upgraded to #6 so I'll re-post it here for more visibility (hope it's OK).
    -----

    Hey everyone, I'm new in the forum and I've read this thread fully trying to catch up with this case, which has impacted me above many others I've seen. So I will give my 2 cents.

    I personally believe that this was BC's first case of abduction (it's possible he might've crossed the line with one of his practices before but perhaps his partners never did anything about it and his behaviour went unchecked). Since we are not 100% sure HE killed her until her remains are found and it is proven by DNA or whatever, for the sake of my comment we'll pretend he did.

    He is into BDSM and all that jazz, but millions of people are and practice it safely and with consent every day. What drives me to believe this is the first time he actually ventured out to do it without cosent and ended up becoming murder (if it's proven to be so), IMO, is that this man was basically unraveling psychologically. He was at a cross roads in his personal and/or professional life. Having some financial difficulties maybe. Playing videogames all day, perhaps not having much of a social life outside of his poliamory lifestyle and online activity. Perhaps taking drugs like amphetamines (which are reported to cause obsessive and violent behaviour in some users). This is proven by his use of antidepressants, too. Add to that a proclivity for sexual "deviance" and perhaps some unfulfilled fantasies. Mix all of those things together and more often than not you will get a recipe for disaster.

    IMO he went off the deep end inside his mind in the last few months/past year. He was fed up with life, he didn't want to get a PhD and go out to a 9-5 job, he didn't want to be part of that lifestyle. He was clinically depressed. So maybe he just said "F--- it" and decided to "take it up a notch" and fulfill one of those fantasies (like abduction and/or rape).

    IMO he most likely didn't necessarily intend to kill Yingying, but perhaps he saw no other option when they found the footage of his car. He attended her march and talked about all those things he did because he is just depressed and perhaps suicidal, and arrogant. Maybe he didn't think he would get caught, or no longer even cared IF he did get caught.

    Which is why I agree with some posters above who say YY was in the wrong place at the wrong time (as in, he didn't know who she was, she just seemed like an appropriate "target" to him: foreign, young female who looked lost), and he probably choked her and dumped her body in a dumpster sometime during the weekend after June 9. He isn't some murdering mastermind who would plan this out for months or years. IMO he is just a very disturbed, depressed and sick individual who went off the deep end and f'ed up massively by trying to fulfill one of his sickest fantasies.

    I also believe he was the man pretending to be a policeman around campus that morning, and that he used the same line on YY that afternoon, perhaps using some fake badge to lure her in the car with the promise of a safe ride and gain her trust. I don't see her getting in that car any other way.

    IMO he is probably sitting in jail pretty much saying "my life was over anyway" so that's why he doesn't really seem so phased by it to me. He has been pretty "poker faced" in the photos released by LE. I think this guy is probably suicidal at this point so they'll need to either find her remains ASAP or keep him under very close watch and hope he confesses eventually.

    Anyway hope all of that makes sense! Reading this thread has been super insightful. I have to say I got chills at DSM's posts about the steam rooms and the abandoned house with the creepy mask!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    So. Cal
    Posts
    873
    Quote Originally Posted by soakedb View Post
    Hey I posted it in Thread #5 very shortly before it was upgraded to #6 so I'll re-post it here for more visibility (hope it's OK).
    -----

    Hey everyone, I'm new in the forum and I've read this thread fully trying to catch up with this case, which has impacted me above many others I've seen. So I will give my 2 cents.

    I personally believe that this was BC's first case of abduction (it's possible he might've crossed the line with one of his practices before but perhaps his partners never did anything about it and his behaviour went unchecked). Since we are not 100% sure HE killed her until her remains are found and it is proven by DNA or whatever, for the sake of my comment we'll pretend he did.

    He is into BDSM and all that jazz, but millions of people are and practice it safely and with consent every day. What drives me to believe this is the first time he actually ventured out to do it without cosent and ended up becoming murder (if it's proven to be so), IMO, is that this man was basically unraveling psychologically. He was at a cross roads in his personal and/or professional life. Having some financial difficulties maybe. Playing videogames all day, perhaps not having much of a social life outside of his poliamory lifestyle and online activity. Perhaps taking drugs like amphetamines (which are reported to cause obsessive and violent behaviour in some users). This is proven by his use of antidepressants, too. Add to that a proclivity for sexual "deviance" and perhaps some unfulfilled fantasies. Mix all of those things together and more often than not you will get a recipe for disaster.

    IMO he went off the deep end inside his mind in the last few months/past year. He was fed up with life, he didn't want to get a PhD and go out to a 9-5 job, he didn't want to be part of that lifestyle. He was clinically depressed. So maybe he just said "F--- it" and decided to "take it up a notch" and fulfill one of those fantasies (like abduction and/or rape).

    IMO he most likely didn't necessarily intend to kill Yingying, but perhaps he saw no other option when they found the footage of his car. He attended her march and talked about all those things he did because he is just depressed and perhaps suicidal, and arrogant. Maybe he didn't think he would get caught, or no longer even cared IF he did get caught.

    Which is why I agree with some posters above who say YY was in the wrong place at the wrong time (as in, he didn't know who she was, she just seemed like an appropriate "target" to him: foreign, young female who looked lost), and he probably choked her and dumped her body in a dumpster sometime during the weekend after June 9. He isn't some murdering mastermind who would plan this out for months or years. IMO he is just a very disturbed, depressed and sick individual who went off the deep end and f'ed up massively by trying to fulfill one of his sickest fantasies.

    I also believe he was the man pretending to be a policeman around campus that morning, and that he used the same line on YY that afternoon, perhaps using some fake badge to lure her in the car with the promise of a safe ride and gain her trust. I don't see her getting in that car any other way.

    IMO he is probably sitting in jail pretty much saying "my life was over anyway" so that's why he doesn't really seem so phased by it to me. He has been pretty "poker faced" in the photos released by LE. I think this guy is probably suicidal at this point so they'll need to either find her remains ASAP or keep him under very close watch and hope he confesses eventually.

    Anyway hope all of that makes sense! Reading this thread has been super insightful. I have to say I got chills at DSM's posts about the steam rooms and the abandoned house with the creepy mask!
    I would agree. I'm wondering if things in life maybe came to him too easily; when he was faced with having to get a job, he metaphorically threw up his hands and gave up. Obviously, the result was horrible.

    Breast Cancer Survivor/Superhero

    Debugging - both computer program and brain.

    Find Bridge Guy - Justice for Libby and Abby

    Justice for ALL victims.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by soakedb View Post
    Hey I posted it in Thread #5 very shortly before it was upgraded to #6 so I'll re-post it here for more visibility (hope it's OK).
    -----

    Hey everyone, I'm new in the forum and I've read this thread fully trying to catch up with this case, which has impacted me above many others I've seen. So I will give my 2 cents.

    I personally believe that this was BC's first case of abduction (it's possible he might've crossed the line with one of his practices before but perhaps his partners never did anything about it and his behaviour went unchecked). Since we are not 100% sure HE killed her until her remains are found and it is proven by DNA or whatever, for the sake of my comment we'll pretend he did.

    He is into BDSM and all that jazz, but millions of people are and practice it safely and with consent every day. What drives me to believe this is the first time he actually ventured out to do it without cosent and ended up becoming murder (if it's proven to be so), IMO, is that this man was basically unraveling psychologically. He was at a cross roads in his personal and/or professional life. Having some financial difficulties maybe. Playing videogames all day, perhaps not having much of a social life outside of his poliamory lifestyle and online activity. Perhaps taking drugs like amphetamines (which are reported to cause obsessive and violent behaviour in some users). This is proven by his use of antidepressants, too. Add to that a proclivity for sexual "deviance" and perhaps some unfulfilled fantasies. Mix all of those things together and more often than not you will get a recipe for disaster.

    IMO he went off the deep end inside his mind in the last few months/past year. He was fed up with life, he didn't want to get a PhD and go out to a 9-5 job, he didn't want to be part of that lifestyle. He was clinically depressed. So maybe he just said "F--- it" and decided to "take it up a notch" and fulfill one of those fantasies (like abduction and/or rape).

    IMO he most likely didn't necessarily intend to kill Yingying, but perhaps he saw no other option when they found the footage of his car. He attended her march and talked about all those things he did because he is just depressed and perhaps suicidal, and arrogant. Maybe he didn't think he would get caught, or no longer even cared IF he did get caught.

    Which is why I agree with some posters above who say YY was in the wrong place at the wrong time (as in, he didn't know who she was, she just seemed like an appropriate "target" to him: foreign, young female who looked lost), and he probably choked her and dumped her body in a dumpster sometime during the weekend after June 9. He isn't some murdering mastermind who would plan this out for months or years. IMO he is just a very disturbed, depressed and sick individual who went off the deep end and f'ed up massively by trying to fulfill one of his sickest fantasies.

    I also believe he was the man pretending to be a policeman around campus that morning, and that he used the same line on YY that afternoon, perhaps using some fake badge to lure her in the car with the promise of a safe ride and gain her trust. I don't see her getting in that car any other way.

    IMO he is probably sitting in jail pretty much saying "my life was over anyway" so that's why he doesn't really seem so phased by it to me. He has been pretty "poker faced" in the photos released by LE. I think this guy is probably suicidal at this point so they'll need to either find her remains ASAP or keep him under very close watch and hope he confesses eventually.

    Anyway hope all of that makes sense! Reading this thread has been super insightful. I have to say I got chills at DSM's posts about the steam rooms and the abandoned house with the creepy mask!
    agree completely

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,435
    Where are you, Ms. Zhang?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    69
    I am so confused. I thought I read an article here stating Champaign Police Department was conducting the investigation and searches for YYZ. Now, an article come out today stating that it is U of I Police investigating. Is it possible the fact that we have more than one police department involved in the investigation is actually working against finding YYZ?

    CPD has had 'very little involvement' in the search for Ms. Zhang.
    UI police led the original investigation before joining forces with the FBI. As for Champaign, "we've provided support; there was evidence that was processed in this case that came to the Champaign Police Department. (Outside agencies) may have used our bays and things of that nature, but our officers and our detectives didn't have a large involvement with this."
    The case remains an open investigation, but authorities have remained mum on details of the search or what leads them to believe Ms. Zhang is dead. "Most of the information I get, I get from the newspaper like most everyone else," Cobb said. "Basically, when it comes to an investigation like this, it's a need-to-know."

    http://www.news-gazette.com/news/loc...me-safety.html

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Posts
    1,160
    Quote Originally Posted by AnemoneBrown View Post
    I am so confused. I thought I read an article here stating Champaign Police Department was conducting the investigation and searches for YYZ. Now, an article come out today stating that it is U of I Police investigating. Is it possible the fact that we have more than one police department involved in the investigation is actually working against finding YYZ?

    CPD has had 'very little involvement' in the search for Ms. Zhang.
    UI police led the original investigation before joining forces with the FBI. As for Champaign, "we've provided support; there was evidence that was processed in this case that came to the Champaign Police Department. (Outside agencies) may have used our bays and things of that nature, but our officers and our detectives didn't have a large involvement with this."
    The case remains an open investigation, but authorities have remained mum on details of the search or what leads them to believe Ms. Zhang is dead. "Most of the information I get, I get from the newspaper like most everyone else," Cobb said. "Basically, when it comes to an investigation like this, it's a need-to-know."

    http://www.news-gazette.com/news/loc...me-safety.html
    I am wondering, with The U of I PD being the lead investigating unit, does that mean that all other area departments only assist if and when asked specifically for something? I cannot believe that the average university police department has more resources, manpower, expertise or experience to handle a kidnapping and probable murder case than the average municipal department in a town the size of Champaign-Urbana, and I have to wonder if the services of the FBI and other assisting PD's are being adequately and efficiently utilized. I also would question if perhaps the U of I PD's primary concern might be protecting the reputation of the university moreso than finding Yingying and seeking full justice for her apparent demise. JMO
    Last edited by SteveP; 08-09-2017 at 08:27 PM.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    I am wondering, with The U of I PD being the lead investigating unit, does that mean that all other area departments only assist if and when asked specifically for something? I cannot believe that the average university police department has more resources, manpower, or expertise and experience to handle a kidnapping and probable murder case than the average municipal department in a town the size of Champain-Urbana, and I have to wonder if the services of the FBI and other assisting PD's are being adequately and efficiently utilized. I also would question if perhaps the U of I PD's primary concern might be protecting the reputation of the university moreso than finding Yingying and seeking full justice for her apparent demise. JMO
    Exactly! Thanks for articulating so well my concerns!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    I am wondering, with The U of I PD being the lead investigating unit, does that mean that all other area departments only assist if and when asked specifically for something? I cannot believe that the average university police department has more resources, manpower, or expertise and experience to handle a kidnapping and probable murder case than the average municipal department in a town the size of Champain-Urbana, and I have to wonder if the services of the FBI and other assisting PD's are being adequately and efficiently utilized. I also would question if perhaps the U of I PD's primary concern might be protecting the reputation of the university moreso than finding Yingying and seeking full justice for her apparent demise. JMO
    I have been thinking the same thing, but just couldn't bring myself to say it and kept pushing the thought down. If this is in fact what's happening, omg what an absolute tragedy that in itself is. IMO the university could have a lot to lose if discussion of this case became a major focus of the media like it should be. It may have nothing to do with it but down deep I feel it has a lot to do with how this case has been hushed.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by AnemoneBrown View Post
    I am so confused. I thought I read an article here stating Champaign Police Department was conducting the investigation and searches for YYZ. Now, an article come out today stating that it is U of I Police investigating. Is it possible the fact that we have more than one police department involved in the investigation is actually working against finding YYZ?

    CPD has had 'very little involvement' in the search for Ms. Zhang.
    UI police led the original investigation before joining forces with the FBI. As for Champaign, "we've provided support; there was evidence that was processed in this case that came to the Champaign Police Department. (Outside agencies) may have used our bays and things of that nature, but our officers and our detectives didn't have a large involvement with this."
    The case remains an open investigation, but authorities have remained mum on details of the search or what leads them to believe Ms. Zhang is dead. "Most of the information I get, I get from the newspaper like most everyone else," Cobb said. "Basically, when it comes to an investigation like this, it's a need-to-know."

    http://www.news-gazette.com/news/loc...me-safety.html
    He's got a poker face because he's stoned on Klonopin, imo

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,464
    Quote Originally Posted by soakedb View Post
    Hey I posted it in Thread #5 very shortly before it was upgraded to #6 so I'll re-post it here for more visibility (hope it's OK).
    -----

    I personally believe that this was BC's first case of abduction (it's possible he might've crossed the line with one of his practices before but perhaps his partners never did anything about it and his behaviour went unchecked). Since we are not 100% sure HE killed her until her remains are found and it is proven by DNA or whatever, for the sake of my comment we
    Welcome! Yes I agree this is his first abduction. However I also agree there were some indications earlier such as DV or harming small animals. It seems if so, it all went unreported/unchecked.

    Quote Originally Posted by Laughing View Post
    Where are you, Ms. Zhang?
    I was just thinking the same thing this morning. Very sad. The end of the month is coming up shortly so hopefully we'll know more.

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    I also would question if perhaps the U of I PD's primary concern might be protecting the reputation of the university more so than finding Yingying and seeking full justice for her apparent demise. JMO
    I hope not. It seems they are just releasing info on a need to know basis. JMO!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    5,991
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    I am wondering, with The U of I PD being the lead investigating unit, does that mean that all other area departments only assist if and when asked specifically for something? I cannot believe that the average university police department has more resources, manpower, expertise or experience to handle a kidnapping and probable murder case than the average municipal department in a town the size of Champaign-Urbana, and I have to wonder if the services of the FBI and other assisting PD's are being adequately and efficiently utilized. I also would question if perhaps the U of I PD's primary concern might be protecting the reputation of the university moreso than finding Yingying and seeking full justice for her apparent demise. JMO
    Was she abducted within the campus grounds then? Why would the U of I have jurisdiction? BC is neither a student nor a teacher or professor so why is this? Sorry if it has already been explained. Was it UofI police who charged him? I understand your misgivings if this is the case.

Page 1 of 82 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #4 *Arrest*
    By liltexans in forum Missing Persons Discussion
    Replies: 947
    Last Post: 07-10-2017, 09:54 PM
  2. Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #3 *Arrest*
    By liltexans in forum Missing Persons Discussion
    Replies: 1082
    Last Post: 07-05-2017, 05:44 PM
  3. Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #2 *Arrest*
    By liltexans in forum Missing Persons Discussion
    Replies: 878
    Last Post: 07-02-2017, 09:29 PM

Tags for this Thread