Burglars break into apartment and clean it stealing nothing

gregjrichards

Reaction score
"A Virginia man returned home from a trip and found that his apartment had been broken into - and cleaned.

An Arlington, Virginia, man returned home on Monday soon after midnight to find someone had tidied up his apartment when he returned home from a trip.

He called Arlington County Police when he noticed that his apartment appeared to have been cleaned and some items had been moved around.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...irginia-apartment-clean-it.html#ixzz4pN6OYjJA

[video=youtube;1iFghM5fIig]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iFghM5fIig[/video]

Made me think of this

Hope it wasn't his mom.

Most likely someone trying to do a nice gesture, but shouldn't have "broken" in.

I have a friend whose mother in law used to rearrange her furniture while she was at work. She believed she was being helpful.

How can it be called a burglary if nothing was stolen?
If no door/window entries were broken or damaged, they can't call it breaking and entering.
Maybe trespassing or unlawful entry?
But my guess is an ex, or girl friend or a family member or land lord? Or mistaken home by pre-paid housekeeper?

Burglar, if you're reading, send me a PM. Thanks!

This happened to me while I was at work. My landlord sort of half admitted it was a mistake his crew made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FYI "Breaking" the plane of the doorway is enough for breaking and entering.

I hope this become the new crime wave.

Burglar, if you're reading, send me a PM. Thanks!

Haha! I thought the same thing, but then wondered what might the burglar have done in the home. Maybe I've been reading on Websleuths too long, but I'm thinking up all kinds of things. Eeekkk.

Haha! I thought the same thing, but then wondered what might the burglar have done in the home. Maybe I've been reading on Websleuths too long, but I'm thinking up all kinds of things. Eeekkk.

Ewww, guess I'll have to clean my own house. Ugh...ewww....
:scared:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zen1974