UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greater Than

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
do75ld.jpg

https://www.suffolk.police.uk/sites/suffolk/files/page/downloads/corriemckeague-missing-poster.pdf

Fears growing for missing RAF serviceman who vanished after night out

28 September 2016

Concerns were growing today for the safety of a young military [service]man who vanished after a night out and may have tried to walk eight miles back to his base.

[...]

Camera operators saw him getting up and walking off - but he failed to return to Honington, the headquarters of the RAF Force Protection who guard UK military installations around the world.

Despite an appeal to motorists, villagers along the serviceman’s route and a search by the Suffolk police helicopter there has been no trace of him.

Corrie is described as white, 5ft 10ins tall, medium build, with short light brown hair. He was wearing a light-pink polo shirt and white jeans when last seen.

Police looking for Corrie McKeague will start searching landfill site this week for missing airman

6 March 2017

A search of a landfill site in Cambridgeshire will start this week as police look for RAF Honington’s Corrie McKeague, following a two-week delay.

[...]

Since a signal from Corrie’s mobile phone was detecting travelling along the same route as a bin lorry shortly after he was last seen at 3.24am, police have been aware of the possibility Corrie could be at the landfill site.

“The search is likely to take six to 10 weeks to complete, although this will obviously depend on daily progress on the site,” said detective superintendent Katie Elliott.

Police halt search after finding no sign of missing airman Corrie McKeague

21 July 2017

Police hunting missing airman Corrie McKeague have admitted he may never be found after a £1.2 million search of a landfill site ended in failure.

Detectives said they still believed his body was at the site, but after 20 weeks of sifting through 6,500 tonnes of rubbish they had found no sign of the RAF gunner.

[...]

[Detective Superintendent Katie Elliott] said that the search of the site had been carried out in an area where it had been identified that waste was dumped over the period Corrie went missing

But she said officers had now finished searching the area where rubbish was 26ft deep and had no further information about where they should be looking.

Ms Elliott added: "It is not a matter of cost. The investigation has never been about money.

"We searched the areas where we had information that the waste was deposited

Beyond that it is very difficult to establish where we would look for Corrie."

Police agree to halt filling in landfill cell after meeting missing Corrie McKeague’s family

24 July 2017

[...]

A spokesman for Suffolk police made the following statement at 9.40pm on Monday, July 24.

He said: “The search for Corrie remains a live and active investigation as we all remain committed to finding him.

“We have exhausted the search as to where Corrie is mostly likely to be at the landfill site at Milton, although we acknowledge and understand the frustration that Corrie’s family, friends and many supporters feel in relation to this.

“We will now take time to pause and reflect where we are with the investigation and will continue to carefully review it as we have done from the outset.

“With this in mind while we no longer have an operational presence at the site at Milton, the police have agreed with the company that run the site to leave cell 22 in its current state and will not be using it for the deposition of waste until the review is concluded.

“As said on Friday, we will now commission an external police force to carry out an independent review of the investigation. The identity of the force that will conduct this is still to be established as we are eager to ensure thatit is a force that satisfies the need for complete transparency and independence.

“We are confident this will be a forensic, detailed and impartial review that will leave no stone unturned. If this review establishes further lines of enquiry we will pursue them.

“We reiterate that although it is not a criminal investigation, our work to locate Corrie remains on-going. This will include work to search preserved waste that was incinerated to see if this will establish if there are any further clues as to what happened to Corrie.

“This incinerated waste will be subject to examination and where necessary forensic analysis in the coming weeks.”

Media Thread

FB Live Q&A Discussion Thread #1
FB Live Q&A Discussion Thread #2
FB Live Q&A Discussion Thread #3
FB Live Q&A Discussion Thread #4

Previous Thread - Thread #21

So the LF section they have been searching is called cell 22. Reminds me of "Catch 22". No wonder it is difficult to solve.

Ive only been aware of this case for the past few days and my initial thought were the bin lorry/LF theory. However looking into a few things I think its highly probable Corrie could have met with foul play. Observations made that have lead me to this:

1. Corrie seems like a charming, happy-go-lucky, not to mention good looking character, who displays risk taking behaviour (may lack the danger alarm more than some)
2. The above can easily be contributed to living away from family-myself as an expat living abroad since 21 have found myself in situations which could have easily gone awry. I think its easy to fall into more risk taking behaviour when you're "out there alone in the world"
3. His online presence is pretty prevalent. One in particular for the amount of posts he has in relation to "followers" is huge. Just to add his wording in his bio I also now find a little haunting in some respect.
4. I do NOT believe Corrie climbed into a dirty garbage bin due to:
a) his character
b) he had a car nearby, given the choice I believe he would have rested in the passenger seat put back
c) he had already awoken from catching some shut eye
5. Ultimately I believe he met with foul play, with these 2 theories:
a) In the video his body language shows he looks like he needs to urinate, and that he is looking for someplace to do so, the horseshoe would have been the perfect spot. Did he come across something untowards here and was taken care of, so to speak?
b) He arranged to meet someone, unbeknownst to him, with nefarious motives.

In either case the perpetrator could have grabbed his mobile and thrown it in the garbage.

To tie LE into this, in order for them to follow this lead it would also be in their favour to have the perpetrator/public to believe the LF theory for now while they do their work. The comments the brother/mother made about sleeping in/on a bin etc. The following statement could be true "oh he has fallen asleep beside a garbage bag in the kitchen at a party before"
Everyone knows how this can be twisted by MSM into making the public believe that this man would climb into an industrial garbage bin for a nap. This is how they work, take a mild statement add legs and watch it grow and run off-usually the public add the legs by themselves.

Please do argue how any of these theories cannot be possible as I am still going through alot of pages and learning more about this case.

Of course all of this is my opinion only. Its almost reaching one year, I hope Corrie is found soon!

At first I thought too this was a cruising gone wrong, so I agree with you PS8800. But after getting to know the circumstances I tend to think this case as an accident. And I think Corrie is there somewhere in the landfill under all that rubbish... imo. So, it's good to know the hunt for missing soldier is still going on...

I am very surprised the analysis of the bones found in incinerator waste site is taking this long. I know they said could be a few weeks but as far as I am aware, relatively easy for an expert to determine animal or human. Makes me think that they are human so undergoing DNA tests. Also, are bones still intact after incinerator process? Just thinking rather morbidly of cremations, thought just ashes remained.

I am very surprised the analysis of the bones found in incinerator waste site is taking this long. I know they said could be a few weeks but as far as I am aware, relatively easy for an expert to determine animal or human. Makes me think that they are human so undergoing DNA tests. Also, are bones still intact after incinerator process? Just thinking rather morbidly of cremations, thought just ashes remained.
It was stated in a much earlier thread that temperatures were low enough not to melt metals and to leave bones intact IIRC. Correct me anyone who remembers it more accurately.

"Suffolk Police say no human remains have been found after they investigated material from a waste incinerator in the search for Corrie McKeague."

Source

SP have revealed today that the examinations are done and no trace of human bone has been found.

East Midlands SO Unit to review the investigation then, but the BBM is interesting imo.
Does this mean SP have no other lines of enquiry? Wonder if they may go back to landfill, though frankly I do not think C is there.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/missing-airman-corrie-mckeague-results-13464950

East Midlands Police have also now been named as the force leading an independent review of the Suffolk Constabulary investigation.

“Police can also confirm that the East Midlands Special Operations Unit will be conducting a detailed review of the investigation to date. The aim of the review is to assist in identifying whether there are any other lines of enquiry that should be pursued that could lead to information that would locate Corrie McKeague.

"Investigative reviews are a key part of any lengthy major investigation and we are confident this will be a detailed and impartial review. If this review establishes further lines of enquiry we will pursue them. No timescale has been set for the completion of the review but the first phase is due to be completed by the end of September. "

Thank you for that. Good to know that has been ruled out. Both scenarios, landfill and incinerator equally unbearable for family though. Personally don't think he is in landfill either.Still think delivery driver sighting very credible.

FYI I think East Midlands Police SO unit would be forces from Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire and Northamptonshire. These are neighbouring counties to Suffolk and Norfolk basically.

FYI I think East Midlands Police SO unit would be forces from Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire and Northamptonshire. These are neighbouring counties to Suffolk and Norfolk basically.

Thanks. I suppose all will go very quiet now waiting for the review results?

Thank you for that. Good to know that has been ruled out. Both scenarios, landfill and incinerator equally unbearable for family though. Personally don't think he is in landfill either.Still think delivery driver sighting very credible.
I am still wondering if cardboard bales would be produced by any of the waste sites? After all, initially we were told it was cardboard for recycling that was collected. If that has been ruled out along with LF and incinerated waste then he must have either exited the bin lorry at Mildenhall or Barton Mills, walked out of HS up SB getting a lift at some point or he met someone from one of the HS or SB premises. JMO.

Thanks. I suppose all will go very quiet now waiting for the review results?
Yes, very likely. First stage review results due end of September. Unless a witness comes forward or a tip gets called in due to the reward. Perhaps the bread delivery driver at 5 ways will call in again?

PS8800

The part about sleeping in rubbish came from the most recent police press conference; they said they had an eyewitness who had found C sleeping in rubbish and others who C had told he had slept in rubbish.

Also, C had already peed in Hughes doorway so he wasn't adverse to a public display; maybe he wanted privacy to defecate, that's a bit different.

Nicola "said he walked into Hughes doorway, leaned against the wall and ate his food. He then went into the corner and urinated, then leant back against the wall."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ex...missing-RAF-man-news-Facebook-Nicola-Urquhart

Police hunting missing RAF airman Corrie McKeague say bones found in a waste site incinerator are NOT human

The bones found in a waste incinerator do not belong to missing airman Corrie McKeague, it was confirmed today.

Suffolk Police said no human remains have been identified in the hunt for the 23-year-old who vanished almost a year ago.

A spokesman for the force said: 'Suffolk police have engaged experts to examine incinerated waste gathered from the Great Blakenham energy-from-waste facility and it has been confirmed that this matter does not contain human bone material.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4782318/No-human-bones-hunt-Corrie-McKeague.html

Hi PS8800 and thanks for your input. It's nice to see someone's fresh opinion.

I am 50/50. Some days I think he unfortunately ended up in landfill then other days I think foul play. After today's news I'm leaning more towards getting out of the horseshoe without being caught on camera and then something bad happening to him [emoji17]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hi all, this is my first ever post and I actually joined as I wished to discuss some of my theories as this has had me baffled.
Something that concerns me is the lack of publicity about the suspected sightings, there has been MANY convincing sightings, one from the night he went missing, a woman was travelling to work and saw a man in a pink shirt walking a long a verge, however the police said that they needed more than one person to come forward with a sighting in that area before they could investigate.

Is it possible that Corrie had a head trauma which has led him to suffer from amnesia?
He was a member of "Fabswingers" so the media says, is there a chance that he had met with someone regularly prior, perhaps their partner was envious and wanted to warn him off after seeing him in the club?
Maybe he does not want to be found?
Perhaps the pressures of the RAF and learning he was becoming a dad became too much? (Reports from his dad showed he knew April was pregnant but Nicola doesn't agree)
Statements from his Dad Martin and from his Mum Nicola are almost always conflicting. He said that Corrie was taking anti depressants, she said he wasn't.
Has anyone else thought about any of the above? I just cannot fathom how someone can just vanish...

Can anyone point me in the right direction of sightings from the next day - the woman going to work mentioned above? What was the delivery driver sighting? I remember the beet factory one being discounted as it wasn't backed up by cctv but can someone remind me of others? Or has anyone plotted them on a map? Thank you! Unbelievable that we are almost one year on ☹️

Can anyone point me in the right direction of sightings from the next day - the woman going to work mentioned above? What was the delivery driver sighting? I remember the beet factory one being discounted as it wasn't backed up by cctv but can someone remind me of others? Or has anyone plotted them on a map? Thank you! Unbelievable that we are almost one year on ☹️

Not seen anything official about the woman, but this is the delivery driver:

http://www.buryfreepress.co.uk/news...hting-of-missing-corrie-was-ignored-1-7984971

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail