953 users online (121 members and 832 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 305
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog23 View Post
    The person I am referring to is not an investigator at all. He is a truck driver (now retired). Otusmicco, you will find some of the other sleuths and me discussing this guy in tread 2. His own posts are on another forum, not Websleuths. (Though it would not surprise me if he reads this board often.) He and a private investigator hired by one of the girl's parents had some extremely interesting conversations on that forum. You can private message me if you need the name of forum and thread.
    Reading his posts on other sites convinced me that he was involved in this crime. I realize that LE has to have more concrete evidence than some weird online statements, but I hope he is seriously considered as a suspect.

    Excited to see a new thread! Looking forward to more discussion.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Posts
    929
    Quote Originally Posted by dancemom View Post
    Reading his posts on other sites convinced me that he was involved in this crime. I realize that LE has to have more concrete evidence than some weird online statements, but I hope he is seriously considered as a suspect.

    Excited to see a new thread! Looking forward to more discussion.
    I totally agree with you. He is involved up to his eyeballs!

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by otusmicco View Post
    @easongt
    In one of your old posts I noticed,
    "LE possibly bumbled the investigation? Haven't seen anything to suggest this. The local PD, the Alabama State Police and the FBI were all involved in the investigation. So, the "Dream Team" worked on the case together. If one Agency had made a mistake, the other would have been there to correct it"

    I would point you to an internet post that was made re: Rickey Stokes who despite his later interview with Chief Spivey (a cover his butt political move imo) that is published one of these threads, where he spoke very candidly and was caught stating that exact theory and explained why (LE bumbled the investigation). He also stated is was commonly known that they suspected a LEO was involved but he never would say his name. He then described how the crime scene was treated in a manner that any evidence they could have obtained was destroyed which directly is the opposite of how you characterize that which would be normal to expect. Stokes was Houston County Coroner at the time if I remember correctly.

    As I understand it, there was a second party near Skipperville that accounted for why these girls were in this area as they returned on that road and were looking for the road that cut back to Dothan+Midland City across from that station. JB's boyfriend was waiting for them at a store in Midland City at about that time. LE has a list of the participants of this party and have interviewed them. There is a federal court proceeding where a journalist wanted to release that information to the public to help generate renewed attention and interest in the case but former members of the OPD filed a lawsuit to block it because of what it revealed about how poorly this investigation was handled, leads not followed up on, others stopped due to political influence etc. Typical small town good ole boy mess. Then there were individuals in the area and on local boards (former LE from Ft Rucker) who appeared to resent anyone intruding on their investigative turf in the case locally which push backed aggressively which was sad. The federal judge Myron Thompson ultimately dismissed it once the local lawsuit was backed off on and it was considered not "ripe". It made the person lose interest in the case. These documents were also offered to the local newspaper the Southeast Sun but they did not want to be targeted by the officers who originally investigated the case.

    Another interesting development is the "Shined Rabbit" documentary that is promoted on this site or linked several times.
    This hinges around a few minutes caught on tape where a grieving mother ( JB's ) says she felt at some point that night JB was dead. The sister and this newbie film maker are obsessed with the idea that JB's mother killed her, or had her killed. The name "shined rabbit" refers to a quote attributed to the mother where she described a rabbit having a light shield on it and being discovered. There is a clip of that interview online where if you want to save all the time of watching the conspiracy stuff just watch that and form your own opinion. A Houston County LEO who is tied to the sister was involved in helping them.

    This case is quite active, not long ago the current chief (Marlos Walker) interviewed Janna's mother again and there is a competing investigation ongoing with the AG's office by the gentleman who was once on this site asking for information, SS.
    There is new lead that has come in as a result of an individual reporting one of the items missing from the girl's car was witnessed being in the possession of someone tied closely to the case.
    Hopefully there can be renewed interest and information come forward that can ultimately solve it.
    I amend to this site and find these posts are quite informative. I had no idea there were this many people looking at this case so I hope these discussions continue so it can ultimately be solved.
    First of all, I would like to say that the above information is from Jon Carroll.
    The documentary was created in hopes to shed more light on this case and hopefully help get it solved.I am NOT obsessed with the idea "my mother killed her or had her killed". I suggest you keep your opinion to yourself. I will speak for myself. Thanks

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    240
    I did not know about the Shined Rabbit name. I thought it referred to some type of police conspiracy. The idea that J.B.'s mother might have had her daughter murdered does not make a lot of sense for a few reasons.

    1. Why would she have it done while Tracie Hawlett was with her daughter?
    2.. On the night in question, she had no knowledge of where her daughter was going to be or with whom. This ties in with point #1.

    But I do think though that in a murder investigation everyone should be a suspect and this includes Tracie's parents as well. This is MY OPINION, but as a police officer, that is doing your job. I have a strange feeling that in this case the evidence and the alibi probably eliminates parental suspects rather quickly.

    What is sad about this case is that it is over 18 years old. For anyone knows the murderer may have moved and left the area. Even with gun tracing, if the gun was bought before the murderer moved to the area, there would be no trace to find in Ozark, AL. About the only thing the person would have to do would be to apply for a concealed carry permit.

    What matters in this case is evidence and conclusion.

    Evidence: A murderer uses a gun to kill two teenage girls.
    Conclusion: The murderer would want to get rid of the gun.
    Outcome: The murderer might buy a new gun.

    Evidence: The murderer was possibly off target when he shot at close range. I read J.B. Beasley was shot in the cheek.
    Conclusion: Maybe the murderer was born farsighted and wears glasses.
    Outcome: The murderer might have pictures of himself in high school wearing glasses.

    What is sad about this case is that it is so old. I really think that if there were a way to DNA test everyone who lived within a mile's radius of where the car was found the police would have had the murderer back in 1999. And there is no evidence to suggest he lived within a mile's radius. It is just based on the simple idea that the killer would have to walk either back to his car or his house and most of us do not like to walk long distances especially if we have wet and muddy shoes on. It could very well be a police officer as well as any other type of suspect.

    Evidence is only part of a murder investigation. The other part is having the right person to connect it to and being able to prove it. Theories(my theories too) are just theories if you do not have any evidence.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,827
    Cold Justice is being produced again. What would the chances be of trying again to get them to take the case ?

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by somequestions View Post
    I did not know about the Shined Rabbit name. I thought it referred to some type of police conspiracy. The idea that J.B.'s mother might have had her daughter murdered does not make a lot of sense for a few reasons.

    1. Why would she have it done while Tracie Hawlett was with her daughter?
    2.. On the night in question, she had no knowledge of where her daughter was going to be or with whom. This ties in with point #1.

    But I do think though that in a murder investigation everyone should be a suspect and this includes Tracie's parents as well. This is MY OPINION, but as a police officer, that is doing your job. I have a strange feeling that in this case the evidence and the alibi probably eliminates parental suspects rather quickly.

    What is sad about this case is that it is over 18 years old. For anyone knows the murderer may have moved and left the area. Even with gun tracing, if the gun was bought before the murderer moved to the area, there would be no trace to find in Ozark, AL. About the only thing the person would have to do would be to apply for a concealed carry permit.

    What matters in this case is evidence and conclusion.

    Evidence: A murderer uses a gun to kill two teenage girls.
    Conclusion: The murderer would want to get rid of the gun.
    Outcome: The murderer might buy a new gun.

    Evidence: The murderer was possibly off target when he shot at close range. I read J.B. Beasley was shot in the cheek.
    Conclusion: Maybe the murderer was born farsighted and wears glasses.
    Outcome: The murderer might have pictures of himself in high school wearing glasses.

    What is sad about this case is that it is so old. I really think that if there were a way to DNA test everyone who lived within a mile's radius of where the car was found the police would have had the murderer back in 1999. And there is no evidence to suggest he lived within a mile's radius. It is just based on the simple idea that the killer would have to walk either back to his car or his house and most of us do not like to walk long distances especially if we have wet and muddy shoes on. It could very well be a police officer as well as any other type of suspect.

    Evidence is only part of a murder investigation. The other part is having the right person to connect it to and being able to prove it. Theories(my theories too) are just theories if you do not have any evidence.
    I don't think that the DNA left on JB has anything to do with the murderer. I believe that the police focused so much on the DNA that all other evidence was overlooked or destroyed. The focus should be on the guy from wiregrass.com.....he knows way too much and liked to run his mouth.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Laissez les bons temps rouler
    Posts
    2,145

    AL - J.B. Beasley, 17 and Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, July 1999 #3

    Possibly a puppet master of sorts kept their hands clean .. Yet was able to task others into doing dirty deeds ..


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


    DO YOU KNOW ME?
    Help Identify Lake Pontchartrain Jane Doe - Slidell, Louisiana - June 19, 1986

    Red/Brown (Auburn) Hair, 5'2-5'4, 20-30 yrs old, perfect teeth absence of wisdom, Scars; right knee, abdomen, right wrist, prior right hip injury, possible nose surgery, breast implants, 8-12 wks pregnant, marking of a ring left hand ring finger

    LSU Faces: http://identifyla.lsu.edu/profile.php?id=383
    NAMUS: https://identifyus.org/cases/852
    Doe: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/16ufla.html

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    240
    I am a little surprised so many people think this case involves a conspiracy. Even if it were a police officer I would think it would have to be a young police officer and why would there be so much protection for someone who just started the job?

    In my opinion, without any evidence or proof, the murder looks like it was committed by someone age 18-25, who possibly wears glasses, and might live on the outskirts of town. This person probably would have left town at some point in the past 18 years. Because they committed the crime at a young age, I think they might not want to be reminded of it and that is why they would take off.

    Whoever it is probably likes gun or gun hobbies. So maybe they were into paintball or some other type of shooting activity? I know there are a lot of people that like paintball that do not own guns, but it is a guess.

    How they came across J.B. Beasley and Tracie Hawlett that night is anyone's guess. The trunk switch being on the side door panel might have revealed the trunk accidentally when someone put the windows down. Maybe that is how he came up with the idea of them in the trunk? I think the crime is more about luck than intelligence.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,827
    Why. Would you say that they wore glasses?

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by killarney rose View Post
    Why. Would you say that they wore glasses?
    I think I started to think that because of what J.B. Beasley's sister said about the bullet that killed Tracie going through the trunk, J.B. being found in an angel like sleeping position, and the empty shell on J.B's leg according to her sister. But I also thought maybe because according to the psychic from Haunting Evidence show that might be the reason they only partially undressed. Maybe the killer is farsighted and needs glasses? There is one way to really break this argument. That would be to state that most of the time when people get prescription glasses they were them.

    I have also thought the killer could be an old man too. So maybe his age is between 18-90?

    About the only part of my profile that I would be surprised if I was wrong is if the killer does not live on the outskirts of town. The reason is the gunshots.

    I do not like guns, but I have been around one when it went off. It is very loud. Haunting Evidence show did a good job of simulating it. I would describe a gun going off as like a sledgehammer hitting a large piece of metal very hard. It is not a pop. So it made me think maybe the killer shot them while a train was passing through town that night. On Saturday night in Ozark, AL do trains pass through town at night? I just think the killer has to be sure that his neighbors do not hear it.

    All of this is a guess. Profiles are only as good as the evidence and based on tv evidence this is my best guess.


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,827
    I can only speak for the train coming through my town on that same line. It always came through at mid morning.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    240
    Maybe this is kind of stereotypical but it seems like females always have such a large amount of keys or things on their key chain. I thought it strange the killer took the keys, but maybe he thought there were fingerprints. Or maybe it was just natural progression. We turn off our cars, lock the doors, and take the keys.

    As for who committed this crime I read a conspiracy theory about it being the prominent son of a mayor. Or maybe it was someone who was walking home. Or maybe someone followed them. The possibilities are endless.

    I think the simple answer has to do with guns. Here are some interesting things I read about gun owners.

    1. They tend to grow up in rural areas or small towns.
    2. The number one reason given for owning a gun is self-defense or recreation.
    3. Many times guns run in the family. They are often introduced to guns at a young age and have family members who also own a gun.

    In my opinion the killer lives or lived very close to where the car was found on Herring Ave. But there is no proof of that which is probably why this case is such a mystery.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    3
    [QUOTE=somequestions;13574267]Maybe this is kind of stereotypical but it seems like females always have such a large amount of keys or things on their key chain. I thought it strange the killer took the keys, but maybe he thought there were fingerprints. Or maybe it was just natural progression. We turn off our cars, lock the doors, and take the keys.

    1) Killer takes the keys out of habit.
    2) Killer takes the keys as a trophy.
    3) Killer takes the keys because he wants something on the keychain.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Laissez les bons temps rouler
    Posts
    2,145
    [QUOTE=ElizB;13574890]
    Quote Originally Posted by somequestions View Post
    Maybe this is kind of stereotypical but it seems like females always have such a large amount of keys or things on their key chain. I thought it strange the killer took the keys, but maybe he thought there were fingerprints. Or maybe it was just natural progression. We turn off our cars, lock the doors, and take the keys.

    1) Killer takes the keys out of habit.
    2) Killer takes the keys as a trophy.
    3) Killer takes the keys because he wants something on the keychain.
    Hmmm... I would say trophy .... But your right ..Didn't think about fingerprints...


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


    DO YOU KNOW ME?
    Help Identify Lake Pontchartrain Jane Doe - Slidell, Louisiana - June 19, 1986

    Red/Brown (Auburn) Hair, 5'2-5'4, 20-30 yrs old, perfect teeth absence of wisdom, Scars; right knee, abdomen, right wrist, prior right hip injury, possible nose surgery, breast implants, 8-12 wks pregnant, marking of a ring left hand ring finger

    LSU Faces: http://identifyla.lsu.edu/profile.php?id=383
    NAMUS: https://identifyus.org/cases/852
    Doe: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/16ufla.html

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,827

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1792
    Last Post: 08-10-2017, 08:10 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-20-2015, 08:51 PM
  3. Replies: 1005
    Last Post: 08-06-2014, 01:44 AM
  4. Deceased/Not Found AR - Christina Richart, 14, Ozark, 1 June 1999 *W. Richart guilty*
    By tezi in forum 1990's Missing
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 04-17-2010, 04:20 PM
  5. AR Christina Marchell Richart (14) - Ozark AR, 1999
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Missing Children in America - A Profile
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-26-2008, 12:54 AM