1221 users online (224 members and 997 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    Going from dance mom's post, I can see JB just tolerating being around him while thinking he's a nut, and kind of blowing him off rather than taking him seriously. There is a certain type that would send over the edge in rage.

That makes a lot of sense, killarney rose. I've probably been taking him at his word too much when I read his comments that she confided in him, etc.

New to the Site. Having lived in Ozark for a large portion of my life; especially my teen years, let me point some things out.

1. field party and a birthday party can be the same thing. I had several Birthday parties in a field. Its country. The teens are looking for an obscure place. . . Field, clay pits, river, land, anything to be teens with no one knowing they are there to party.
    2. I have heard people from Dothan mentioned as "city" people. nothing could be further than the truth. It is a southern small town. People from Dothan would go out in to the woods on a regular basis.
    3. Distance to parties was never an issue. Going from Ozark to Headland, Dothan, Skipperville, Enterprise, Hartford, or even Troy was not our of the question.

After reading all of the strings, I believe TopKop could be correct. the people living at Smith and Martin homes would often hang out near what was known as the "block". Many would walk from the Block to their home. That cross section of town could have crossed the girl's path at any light they would have stopped at up to D.A. Smith. The fellas could have made them stop an jumped n the car quickly. At that hour of the night, the streets are pretty desolate. I personally was accosted at the first light in down town coming home from a party in Skipperville many of years ago. The person and I recognized each other and I pulled away.

Welcome to the forum!

What you are saying is a very real possibility. They could've easily been stopped at one of the traffic lights in that area.(per the directions they were given )The car wasn't locked and the person could've hopped rightinto the back seat of the car and forced them to drive away. Crime of opportunity. They could've had a friend follow them in another vehicle. Total strangers taking advantage of the moment.

I totally agree. It is a very real possibility that they were the target of a random carjacking and abduction. There are some very important puzzle pieces that I am missing that would either support or refute the random abduction theory. Did they speak with anyone who was living, staying, or partying in Ozark by phone in the days leading up to the murder? If so, they went there for a reason, and there is at least a possibility they were targeted. If they had absolutely no contact with anyone in or around Ozark, then they were most likely lost, and it could be totally random. I don't know the answer, but I would certainly hope LE does. Now, if they spoke to someone in or around Ozark, it could still be random. (They were looking for a friend and ran into the wrong people.) I would still like to know whether or not they had contact with anyone living in or close to Ozark in the week leading up to the murders.

If the random car jacking theory is the way it happened, then I don't see this case ever being solved unless someone talks.

The only problem with the random carjacking theory in my opinion is that I would expect someone who committed a crime of this magnitude would most likely commit other crimes of violence that would get their DNA noticed. But they haven't! Weird.

A couple of hometown t h u g s with no criminal record up until that point. The situation got out of control and the girls were killed with an unregistered gun that was promptly disposed of in a way that it wouldn't be found.

Because it was a crime of opportunity, they have not committed a sex crime or other serious crime so therefore, no DNA on file to compare it to. maybe the killing frightened them into straightening up and they have done nothing that would cast suspicion on them or cause them to have their DNA in the system.
    But it's something to consider that they have just been petty criminals that have avoided arrest since then.

Quote Originally Posted by killarney rose View Post
    A couple of hometown t h u g s with no criminal record up until that point. The situation got out of control and the girls were killed with an unregistered gun that was promptly disposed of in a way that it wouldn't be found.

Because it was a crime of opportunity, they have not committed a sex crime or other serious crime so therefore, no DNA on file to compare it to. maybe the killing frightened them into straightening up and they have done nothing that would cast suspicion on them or cause them to have their DNA in the system.
    But it's something to consider that they have just been petty criminals that have avoided arrest since then.
    This theory just doesn't work for me. Petty criminals don't execute 2 teenage girls. It takes a special kind of person to hold a gun to a young girls head and pull the trigger. And then proceed to do it again right after to another young girl.
    "Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment" - Rumi

The first girl could've been an accident, the second damage control. It's possible. A panicked kid firing without thinking.

If the DNA was from a consensual encounter, that could explain why there hasn't been a match if the girls were killed by someone with a criminal record.

I'm open to all possibilities but I put the most weight in the chance encounter theory and the least I need the conspiracy.

It is possible. But.. if it were a random ****, it seems like this would be solved by now. I am quite sure the local ****s are the first people they suspected, and I bet you they beat the bushes around Ozark looking for the ****s in question, but the results were nil.

Here are some thoughts I have had recently...As I understand the narrative, the Dothan chief of police was one of the first LEO's on the scene. I have heard it asked, "Why would the Dothan chief be involved this soon, when it was still just a missing person's case?"

Now this fellow, who was once the Dothan chief, was also the main attorney that advocated for the accused LEO's during the HCR incident.

This same chief/ attorney also signed the guest book (it is on line) upon the death of a deputy who, according to the Wiregrass boards, was friends with Veritas and his girlfriend (the mother of the girl who was hosting the party for JB.) From his entry in the guest book, it appears that the chief/ attorney and this deputy were pretty close. This deputy died a few years after the murders. Still with me? lol.

This deputy also worked narcotics with KC, who was accused of being the trigger man in the HCR articles. (I've found a case online where they made a drug arrest together)

So here is the theory: V and/or J (the girlfriend) lure JB and Tracie to Ozark. Maybe this wasn't supposed to be a murder, just some sort of payback for a perceived slight. Something goes wrong and JB is shot. Now the killers panic. They call their friend, the deputy for help. Tracie knows their names so now she must be silenced too. V (and maybe J?) are sociopaths so the guilt doesn't eat them alive, but the deputy dies within several years of the murders. Whew! Now...I want to make it clear. I do not know this happened this way! However, all the connections I have mentioned are there, and it at least makes me wonder....

Oh and one more thing...one of our fellow sleuths (TKR), who is pointing back toward the local ****s, is friends with all these LEO's that I have mentioned.

It is fine to disagree with me on this. It is just a theory. But I ask that before you start ripping into it, check the connections I've mentioned. They are all "sluethable."

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog23 View Post
    It is possible. But.. if it were a random ****, it seems like this would be solved by now. I am quite sure the local ****s are the first people they suspected, and I bet you they beat the bushes around Ozark looking for the ****s in question, but the results were nil.
    This reminds me of the time I was sitting with a redneck eating a cracker while listening to bill hicks when some hillbillies drove by honky their horn at me.

Quote Originally Posted by LR1 View Post
    This reminds me of the time I was sitting with a redneck eating a cracker while listening to bill hicks when some hillbillies drove by honky their horn at me.
    h

Just to clarify, the word that was edited automatically by Websleuths was t-h-u-g-s. And I was thinking Barrentine and his ilk.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog23 View Post
    h

Just to clarify, the word that was edited automatically by Websleuths was t-h-u-g-s. And I was thinking Barrentine and his ilk.
    Understood. That's 8-9 people mentioned in the theory, many in elevated positions. For me it would seem a little out there given the girls age and unlikeliness of either being involved in anything that would warrant such a cover-up. I don't see any one in that lot worth the others covering for anyway. I also doubt the car would be placed there if multiple people with access to vehicles were involved. Be careful skirting the censor we cant afford to lose you.

LR1, I’m not really sure why the word I used was edited. My suspicion is that WS might have identified it as a racially charged word. I certainly did not mean it in that way. I was speaking of local petty criminals and losers of all races and ethnicities. I sincerely apologize if anyone took offense.

Believe me, I put a lot of thought into whether or not to share this theory. The last thing I want is to disparage good people. But tick..tock. Time continues passing. It has almost been 20 years, and we all keep coming back to this board because these girls’ spirits cry out for justice.

I just want want to make sure that all theories and angles are considered. Sleuths like us can’t solve this murder. We can’t make an arrest. We can’t argue in a court. But we just might be able to point to the right rock.

And like I said, you don’t have to agree with this theory (not sure I do- as I’ve said before- I don’t have enough information to know) but again, all the connections are there.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast