664 users online (92 members and 572 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by somequestions View Post
    One thing I remember from when J.B.'s sister was interviewed by websleuths two years ago was that she said J.B. and Tracie pulled out of the Big Little parking lot first and Ms. Merrit and her daughter followed. So if J.B. and Tracie did turn around it would have to be sometime after Ms. Merrit turned off.

There are so many scenarios you can come up with. I thought maybe they were kidnapped and taken to a house that has flood damage because of standing in water if the kidnapping happened in town.

So many ideas but I really do not think it was a conspiracy or that either of them were involved with drugs. I just think if you get creative maybe there is a possibility of figuring out where J.B. Beasley and Tracie Hawlett went the night of July 31, 1999.
    Please define "conspiracy" for us.
    "Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment" - Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by lciaccia View Post
    I'm not sure I buy the Wiregrass forum guy. I agree he comes off as suspicious and scummy...but I tend to just think he's a narcissist that likes playing games for what amounts to attention and celebrity in his world. But obviously, no stone should go unturned.

It's been a while since I read through all the threads...has anybody postulated the theory that the girls were victim of an informant sting gone wrong?

What I'm envisioning is a scenario like this...

Girls (or one of them) get nabbed by the cops with a little bit of weed (which was a bigger deal back then). Cops press upon the girls to set up and possibly record a buy with a dealer, or else they'll be prosecuted. Girls are in way over their head, their informant status is exposed, and the dealer takes them out.

Such a scenario might explain:
    a) why they're whereabouts are not understood (wouldn't tell anyone if they were trying to make a buy)
    b) why the police have been less than forthcoming in the investigation...this would be a scandalous outcome for the police
    c) possibly a warped origin of the "tape" theory?

This has happened from time to time...this case for example...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Rachel_Hoffman

But there have been others:
    http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/20...the-throwaways
    BBM While the scenario you mentioned is certainly possible, it is not likely. Most of the info regarding "Wiregrass forum guy" came from the private investigator. His investigation brought all the info about Wiregrass guy to light. He (Wiregrass Guy) has always blamed the Police for the murders except for the time he paused to blame the PI and JB's foster mother. From experiemce, I can tell you when LE makes control drug buys they record it on audio to be used as evidence in Court. If the girls had been doing this, there would be some type of evidence of it. No matter how hard LE would have tried to cover it up, the truth would have come out by now. One of the other investigating agencies such as the FBI or ABI would have found out and made it public.

One thing I remember from when J.B.'s sister was interviewed by websleuths two years ago was that she said J.B. and Tracie pulled out of the Big Little parking lot first and Ms. Merrit and her daughter followed. So if J.B. and Tracie did turn around it would have to be sometime after Ms. Merrit turned off.

There are so many scenarios you can come up with. I thought maybe they were kidnapped and taken to a house that has flood damage because of standing in water if the kidnapping happened in town.

So many ideas but I really do not think it was a conspiracy or that either of them were involved with drugs. I just think if you get creative maybe there is a possibility of figuring out where J.B. Beasley and Tracie Hawlett went the night of July 31, 1999.
    [I]BBM[/I] Ms. Merritt said later that she did not follow JB & Tracie and she very much regretted that she didn't. She simply gave them directions and watched them drive away.
    Last edited by TedMac; 08-21-2017 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TedMac View Post
    BBM If the girls had been doing this, there would be some type of evidence of it. No matter how hard LE would have tried to cover it up, the truth would have come out by now. One of the other investigating agencies such as the FBI or ABI would have found out and made it public.
    I agree with that...it would be very unlikely that one of the other agencies would not uncover that. Not impossible, but unlikely. If it did go down that way, it would most likely need to be one renegade sort of cop getting a "great idea" that backfired, rather than a formal CI program. Something where the requisite paperwork and arrangements weren't really adhered to.

[I]BBM[/I] Ms. Merritt said later that she did not follow JB & Tracie and she very much regretted that she didn't. She simply gave them directions and watched them drive away.
    Thank you for the information. I have to admit I get confused with the logistical aspects of this case. Maybe I am remembering wrong or misinterpreting what J.B.'s sister said to websleuths radio. I sometimes just try to think in terms of what I think is strange like taking the keys with all the stuff on them. But maybe J.B. Beasley's key were not as big as some females key chains?

Whoever the murderer is, he must have some big pockets. I am guessing he left the murder weapon at home when he drove the car. All that stuff on him had to make it a little uncomfortable walking after he left the car.

Even the police not opening the trunk until 2 pm I see as evidence. For example, if neighbors are outside and see what is going on and one asks the other at 11 am, but gets a response "I think it is a murder" or "Two girls left their car there".... that would make me kind of suspicious.

Thank you for the information. I have to admit I get confused with the logistical aspects of this case. Maybe I am remembering wrong or misinterpreting what J.B.'s sister said to websleuths radio. I sometimes just try to think in terms of what I think is strange like taking the keys with all the stuff on them. But maybe J.B. Beasley's key were not as big as some females key chains?

Whoever the murderer is, he must have some big pockets. I am guessing he left the murder weapon at home when he drove the car. All that stuff on him had to make it a little uncomfortable walking after he left the car.

Even the police not opening the trunk until 2 pm I see as evidence. For example, if neighbors are outside and see what is going on and one asks the other at 11 am, but gets a response "I think it is a murder" or "Two girls left their car there".... that would make me kind of suspicious.
    It wouldn't be so strange to take the keys if there was something (like an apartment key) that would tie the killer to JB. Also, I would really like to know where she got the Hard 2 Get key ring in the first place. It was made with beads if I remember correctly. Wiregrass dude said he bought one like it to mess with his girlfriend and to "get her back" for thinking he had something to do with the murder. Remember, the girlfriend was the mother of the girl who was throwing the party for JB that night. This guy supplied the liquor for the party. I think he had JB's keyring after the murder, and his girlfriend found it.

That style key ring was so common back then. Anyplace that sold keychains had them. Convienence stores, drug stores, Walmart....I've even got one hanging in my laundry room that has my neighbors house key on it.

Quote Originally Posted by killarney rose View Post
    That style key ring was so common back then. Anyplace that sold keychains had them. Convienence stores, drug stores, Walmart....I've even got one hanging in my laundry room that has my neighbors house key on it.
    With Hard 2 get on it? I guess I am asking a family member or someone who would have personal knowledge of where/ how she got the key ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog23 View Post
    With Hard 2 get on it? I guess I am asking a family member or someone who would have personal knowledge of where/ how she got the key ring.
    No, this is the same style, but personalized. Back then they were on a rack that turned. The keychains had names on them, spelled out with the beads. Then there was a section of the rack that just had words or phrases on the keychains, like hard2get.

Not sure about the question of the two families are getting different info. I am trying to get some clarification on the field party v birthday party, but I am not sure it much matters. I can't help but wonder if it wasn't a party that may have simply included some type of recognition for J.B. I think that would explain the timeline and them only having an hour to spend.
    This is interesting to me too, because I thought even JB's sister (I am not putting words in your mouth just trying to clarify and can't find old posts, because I do think places/timeline are important) confirmed both. Here is what I recall from earlier posts:

1. They had a map to a field party in Haleburg; but could not find it
    2. JB's friend Janna (IIRC) was having a party at her house (near Headland IIRC) in JB's honor; JB called this friend from the gas
    station in Headland
    3. Also at the Headland gas station, JB and Tracie run into Boogie (friend from HS, who is now a rapper). They ask Boogie about the field party, he can't find it either, so JB and Tracie give him the map, so he can find the party. They mention to Boogie about running into a truck with 2 boys, who scared them. They ask Boogie how to get to Midland City without going all the way back to Dothan. Boogie gives them directions to Midland City and JB and Tracie leave for MC.

This is what I recall. I also recall a video (found it on Google last year, not sure if it's still there) by Boogie confirming the field party, not being able to find it, truck with 2 boys, the map the girls had, gas station encounter and giving them directions to Midland City.

And I agree, field party and JB's Birthday Party did not make sense, given Tracie's curfew.
    Last edited by SavageMarkIII; 08-22-2017 at 12:59 PM. Reason: operator error

Quote Originally Posted by SavageMarkIII View Post
    This is interesting to me too, because I thought even JB's sister (I am not putting words in your mouth just trying to clarify and can't find old posts, because I do think places/timeline are important) confirmed both. Here is what I recall from earlier posts:

1. They had a map to a field party in Haleburg; but could not find it
    2. JB's friend Janna (IIRC) was having a party at her house (near Headland IIRC) in JB's honor; JB called this friend from the gas
    station in Headland
    3. Also at the Headland gas station, JB and Tracie run into Boogie (friend from HS, who is now a rapper). They ask Boogie about the field party, he can't find it either, so JB and Tracie give him the map, so he can find the party. They mention to Boogie about running into a truck with 2 boys, who scared them. They ask Boogie how to get to Midland City without going all the way back to Dothan. Boogie gives them directions to Midland City and JB and Tracie leave for MC.

This is what I recall. I also recall a video (found it on Google last year, not sure if it's still there) by Boogie confirming the field party, not being able to find it, truck with 2 boys, the map the girls had, gas station encounter and giving them directions to Midland City.

And I agree, field party and JB's Birthday Party did not make sense, given Tracie's curfew.
    In his video, Bookie said he did not remember the part about them running into the 2 guys with shirts off. I think it was a young lady they actually told at the Headland gas station, not Bookie. I have always felt that the 2 guys without the shirts is important! What are the chances of them running into someone and feeling threatened the same night they are murdered?

Where was it first written about the two guys that scared them? Links?

First time I heard about the guys without shirts was in the video Jacqui did that was posted on HCR. She says they told Bookie about two dudes without shirts who frightened them that night. In his video, Bookie says he doesn't remember it. I heard somewhere that it was actually a young lady that they told.

Quote Originally Posted by killarney rose View Post
    Where was it first written about the two guys that scared them? Links?
    Jacqui Burgoon mentions the girls making a wrong turn, while trying to find the field party, and running into 2 shirtless guys. It's a video interview of her that, again I watched by Googling it last year, but do not know if it's still available. I do not know if that is the first place it comes up.

Bulldog23, thanks for correcting some things, because I cannot find Bookie's video to watch again.

Quote Originally Posted by SavageMarkIII View Post
    Jacqui Burgoon mentions the girls making a wrong turn, while trying to find the field party, and running into 2 shirtless guys. It's a video interview of her that, again I watched by Googling it last year, but do not know if it's still available. I do not know if that is the first place it comes up.

Bulldog23, thanks for correcting some things, because I cannot find Bookie's video to watch again.
    Try the Justice for JB and Tracie Facebook page. I think Bookie's video is still posted there.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast