1022 users online (214 members and 808 guests)  

Websleuths News

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

CNN: Another one bites the dust

Jeffrey Lord, Trump Defender on CNN, Is Fired for Using Nazi Slogan

By MICHAEL M. GRYNBAUMAUG. 10, 2017

Jeffrey Lord, the indefatigable defender of President Trump whose advocacy turned him into an unlikely political celebrity, was fired by CNN on Thursday after a convoluted Twitter exchange in which he evoked — mockingly, he said — a Nazi salute.

Mr. Lord received the news by telephone while on his way to CNN’s Manhattan studio in a town car provided by the network, which ferried him from his home near Harrisburg, Pa...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/10/b...cnn-nazis.html

Last week, Kayleigh McEnany left CNN to host the official Trump News report.

His most outspoken celebrity supporters seem to be real gems eh?

bye
    I speak fluently in reaction gifs.

"gangs"

Bye, Felicia.
    Jill can't find last year's taxes either.

CNN severs ties with pundit Jeffrey Lord over his use of Nazi phrase on Twitter

Lord was specifically critical of Media Matters’ promotion of an ad boycott against Fox News host Sean Hannity. Lord said Media Matters was playing a “fascist game” by targeting Hannity’s sponsors. The group has led other boycotts against conservative media figures, including Rush Limbaugh and Bill O’Reilly.

“This is America, Angelo. Not Fascist Italy, Nazi Germany or Communist Russia,” Lord wrote.

Lord referenced his column in a tweet aimed at Carusone, who tweeted back that Lord’s column incorrectly referred to his group as “MMF” (for “Media Matters Fascists.”)
    Carusone asked, “Why do you expect anyone to take you seriously when you don’t take yourself seriously.”

Lord’s responded by tweeting back “Sieg Heil!,” a phrase used by Nazi-party members at political rallies. It means “hail victory” and is so closely associated with Adolf Hitler that its use is banned in Germany.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...=.03c71763f446

Here's the exchange. I don't know, Jeffrey Lord is a dweeb, but you know, Anderson Cooper had to apologize to Lord on TV for some inane remark he made about how Lord would praise a dump on his desk if he thought it would help Trump. Lol!!!

I really think a suspension would have been better to see if Lord would make it right. -Like Sean Spicer had to do. People have been out of hand with the language and horrible references since trump came on the radar. OTOH maybe CNN zero tolerance is a good thing. Hopefully they can find some good conservative voices for their panels. The true powerhouses like Richard Painter and John Dean have been invaluable in not only deconstructing trump, but in helping me to remember the GOP when it had a heart.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysShocked View Post
    I know my prayer for tonight!
    Be the most brilliant color in the box!