770 users online (87 members and 683 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 38 of 158 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 88 138 ... LastLast
Results 556 to 570 of 2363
  1. #556
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    3,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigley's_Human View Post
    I didn't read all 55 pages of this thread, but first, I voted for Hillary (Republican for everything else as usual), because I thought she was less bad for the country than Trump would be (I'd have voted Trump if I could do it over again though).

    As a conservative since I started thinking about politics at age 12, let me condemn these white supremacists. They are fringy losers and not representative of any conservatives I have met. My hope is that as their views become more and more socially unacceptable, they will eventually die out.

    Before the whole car thing, my thoughts were, why is anyone giving them any attention? I do believe strongly in free speech (and btw to address one of the first posts that referenced BLM, that was a straw man comparison - no one who disagreed with BLM said that the govt should suppress the movement or their right to free speech) and do think these fools should be allowed to express themselves as long as they aren't inciting violence. And the mainstream should be free to condemn and mock them.

    I really think giving this any attention is so much more than these people deserve. Their views are not held by many at all. In a country as large as this, we are going to have some crazies on each side. Remember the Bernie bro who tried to assassinate a bunch of Republicans. This is a small bunch of pathetic losers and let's treat them as such.


    Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk
    s
    You would have voted for Trump? Really? But lets ust ignore all the people who voted for him because he is giving them what they want. Hate, just like he preached? Have you forgotten the hate he preached at the last President?
    I am sure that some people would like to ignore this and not 'give them any attention' but that will not work. They deserve the attention and just because some people would like to brush this under the carpet and ignore it, does not mean that we will.

  2. #557
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,813
    There is something off about that mother.

    Also, how can two different cars have the same license plate number? The photos of the vehicle that hit the pedestrians in Charlottesville show a plate number of "GVF 1111". The video of the mother is taken inside a garage where the car she is next to has a license plate number of "GVF 1111".

  3. #558
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Southern Ontario
    Posts
    4,031
    Quote Originally Posted by dotr View Post
    Strange, very very strange. imo.
    Was waiting to see what the Field family would say - particularly a parent.

    This woman is a liar imo. Her body language at the start of this video indicates what is to come. The only time I have seen someone lean forward and look as if they are peering into the dark when being asked about something are those that know they have to come up with a few lies in the conversation. They are trying to convince the other person they are clueless and doing everything they can to try and catch-on and understand the subject.

    She's watching his cat - she knew where he was going and when he'd be back imo.

    It was a rally of some sort and she has no idea of her son's political affiliations, according to her. How did she know the rally was political? Oh yeah - he said something about, what is it, albright? The more she talked, the more she 'sorta' knew.

    The body language and that she did know something about the rally tells me her lack of reaction (in this video) to her son running his vehicle into a crowd of people is due to she already knew about it. Jmo.

  4. #559
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    16,630
    Quote Originally Posted by waitin'4thewrld2chg View Post
    I echo your sentiments, but fear it will, sadly, take this and much more.

    That would be because the rationale of the political figures and the private figures who have aligned themselves with Trump is not based on reason. If it were, they would have denounced him long ago or would not have supported him at all. Ego needs and personal aspirations are mixed in, and it becomes a messy mix.

    Time passes, events fall from the headlines, and psychologically compromised people may continue to cling to their psychologically compromised president. Depressing! Hopefully, I am wrong.
    Psychologically compromised. Excellent description.

  5. #560
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    16,630
    Quote Originally Posted by waitin'4thewrld2chg View Post
    I know. I observe the same thing and ask myself "do they not know?"

    I had lunch this week with a lady, a retired teacher, whom I have always respected and considered to be quite sharp. The conversation turned to politics and I mentioned Trump's "golfing enthusiasm".

    She said, "Does he golf? Well, it wouldn't be more than Obama."

    She went on to say (probably because she noticed that my eyes had begun to go in spirals) that she makes an effort to expose herself to balanced news sources and she still hadn't heard anything about the golf. (She rattled off various news sources but I didn't retain a one because of the spirals.) Pretty sure she wasn't being dishonest, so I'm thinking there must be quite a bit of factual information that isn't reaching our conservative neighbors, some of whom might rub a bit of the sleep from their eyes were they to hear it.
    If she is on a computer, it sorts the news to tailor the recipient. That might explain lack of knowledge.

    It makes me horrified to think an ignorant person like that was a teacher. I have heard horror stories from non white friends so obviously there are cruel teachers out there
    Last edited by human; 08-13-2017 at 07:52 AM.

  6. #561
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    16,630
    Quote Originally Posted by everybodhi View Post
    Silence in the face of hatred and racism is complicity, it's what got the Germans in trouble.
    Excellent reminder

  7. #562
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    712
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysShocked View Post
    There is something off about that mother.

    Also, how can two different cars have the same license plate number? The photos of the vehicle that hit the pedestrians in Charlottesville show a plate number of "GVF 1111". The video of the mother is taken inside a garage where the car she is next to has a license plate number of "GVF 1111".
    The car she's next to has a plate number of GVF1122

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

  8. #563
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Ridley, PA
    Posts
    2,613
    If we are going to condemn violence and hate, then lets condemn violence and hate, and that means ALL GROUPS who practice it. That means the Skinsheads, Nazis, but it also means the Left hate groups like ANTIFA who are just as guilty for events like yesterday. These hater groups were allowed to attack for the whole campaign season at Trump rallies.

    And one more point, we cannot erase history. The Civil War happened in the past, and America moved on from it, after much pain. We have statues and other symbols, which reflect our past. We cannot erase our history. We are not like ISIS, blowing up Buddha statues and buildings. When we start denying history and taking away things like statues of General Lee, we becoming more like ISIS. By taking away the stupid statue, they incited all these crazies/goofball/hate groups to come out with their march on UVA, and then the other crazies (who the media never mentions) clashed with them. It takes 2 to tango.

    As Trump correctly did, you need to criticize EVERYONE involved, and groups like Antifa and BLM, are just as guilty as the goofball Nazis and their related groups. These so-called counter protestors were out there shooting mace into people's eye, and showing the same violence as the other hate group. What did you expect to happen, when the media endorsed the violence of Antifa and BLM for the last few years? This was not a case of Nazi vs the boy scouts. You had 2 groups of idiots on either side, so lets call it like it is. You condemn the idiots racists, and you also condemn the equally hateful counter group. Why do they get a free pass?
    Last edited by TMAN2014; 08-13-2017 at 09:07 AM.
    Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

  9. #564
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    16,630
    Quote Originally Posted by TMAN2014 View Post
    If we are going to condemn violence and hate, then lets condemn violence and hate, and that means ALL GROUPS who practice it. That means the Skinsheads, Nazis, but it also means the Left hate groups like ANTIFA who are just as guilty for events like yesterday. These hater groups were allowed to attack for the whole campaign season at Trump rallies.

    And one more point, we cannot erase history. The Civil War happened in the past, and America moved on from it, after much pain. We have statues and other symbols, which reflect our past. We cannot erase our history. We are not like ISIS, blowing up Buddha statues and buildings. When we stary denying history and taking away things like statues of General Lee, we becoming more like ISIS. By taking away the stupid statue, they incited all these crazies/goofball/hate groups to come out with their march on UVA, and then the other crazies (who the media never mentions) clashed with them. It takes 2 to tango.

    As Trump correctly did, you need to criticize EVERYONE involved, and groups like Antifa and BLM, are just as guilty as the goofball Nazis and their related groups. These so-called counter protestors were out there shooting mace into people's eye, and showing the same violence as the other hate group. What did you expect to happen, when the media endorsed the violence of Antifa and BLM for the last few years? This was not a case of Nazi vs the boy scouts. You had 2 groups of idiots on either side, so lets call it like it is. You condemn the idiots racists, and you also condemn the equally hateful counter group. Why do they get a free pass?
    I think a reading of the tenets of BLM would be educational.

    There are reasons that you do not see statues of Hitler in Germany. Is that taking away from history? There are Holocaust museums.

    What in the world is the point of honoring such a person with a statue? Lee, that is? It is grotesque. It says that the US supports what he did

  10. #565
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    4,607
    Ignoring hate groups is akin to ignoring a small tumor.

    Left alone, it will metastasize and destroy the host.

    If it is excised and treated as soon as possible, chances are very good it will not reappear.

    When Trump and Co. are quick to label most any and every group EXCEPTING white supremacist hate groups as "terrorists", it speaks volumes. It is as if he is abandoning this country--MY country-- to a virulent form of cancer. In fact, he is practically giving it his blessing. And these Nazis know it! Trump is their muse.

    And frankly, I am not okay with that. None of us should be okay with that. (Though obviously, many are)

    Cancer does NOT just go away because we pretend it isn't there.

    FFS, a woman was KILLED yesterday. But, yeah. Why give it any attention?


  11. #566
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    4,607
    Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    I think a reading of the tenets of BLM would be educational.

    There are reasons that you do not see statues of Hitler in Germany. Is that taking away from history? There are Holocaust museums.

    What in the world is the point of honoring such a person with a statue? Lee, that is? It is grotesque. It says that the US supports what he did

    Remember this?


  12. #567
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    America
    Posts
    22,125
    Quote Originally Posted by TMAN2014 View Post
    If we are going to condemn violence and hate, then lets condemn violence and hate, and that means ALL GROUPS who practice it. That means the Skinsheads, Nazis, but it also means the Left hate groups like ANTIFA who are just as guilty for events like yesterday. These hater groups were allowed to attack for the whole campaign season at Trump rallies.

    And one more point, we cannot erase history. The Civil War happened in the past, and America moved on from it, after much pain. We have statues and other symbols, which reflect our past. We cannot erase our history. We are not like ISIS, blowing up Buddha statues and buildings. When we stary denying history and taking away things like statues of General Lee, we becoming more like ISIS. By taking away the stupid statue, they incited all these crazies/goofball/hate groups to come out with their march on UVA, and then the other crazies (who the media never mentions) clashed with them. It takes 2 to tango.

    As Trump correctly did, you need to criticize EVERYONE involved, and groups like Antifa and BLM, are just as guilty as the goofball Nazis and their related groups. These so-called counter protestors were out there shooting mace into people's eye, and showing the same violence as the other hate group. What did you expect to happen, when the media endorsed the violence of Antifa and BLM for the last few years? This was not a case of Nazi vs the boy scouts. You had 2 groups of idiots on either side, so lets call it like it is. You condemn the idiots racists, and you also condemn the equally hateful counter group. Why do they get a free pass?

    Fair notions.

    I think what is being overlooked, however, is the core discussion of what a hate spewed campaign he ran- why do you think Putin got him in?

    That is what Putin wants -- to divide America - look at the mess the world is in since Jan?

    People waited in line for his pep rallies more like they were waiting for a wrestling match- there are reaons for that.

    Folks waiting to hear Obama were humming love songs

    and came out hummin love songs

    People exciting his were screaming lock her up get Muslims em out whatever.

    There are profound differences.

    Dont know much about either group , when was last time there was such violent event with either group?

    Obvously for the attendess if there in in Trump and Hitler garb THEY have made some sort on connection between them - not us here on Polivent.

    That is the huge difference.

    The murderer in the car told mom he was going to alt right hate fest.

    The connections he made are the same thing.

    That is the problem he has started .

    His rherotic at the VA one was equally disturbing-- "they" are taking away your govt.

    That is what Hitler was saying on his rise to power.

    "They" are investigating you arse- because you broke the law.

    "They " (whoever that is ) have nothing to do with it .

    If his gang had gone to the FBI when they got JR email about Russia having illigally obtained dirt on Hillary noone would be
    investagating him.

    If they all did not cooperate with PUtin altering the voter registration data Putin would not have been able to mess with Electoral College

    Just look at the campaign he ran and look at yesterday the similarities are glaring

  13. #568
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    America
    Posts
    22,125
    He was in the Vanguard unit whatever that means. He had a shield. Apparently pics of him have come out CNN

  14. #569
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    4,607
    http://www.weeklystandard.com/hayes-...rticle/2009271

    Trump is quick to condemn—in specific and harsh terms—anyone he doesn’t like. He’s blunt, he’s direct, and he’s politically incorrect.So it was striking on Saturday when Trump refused to denounce the white supremacists and neo-Nazis whose public rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, led to violence. The racists marched the streets hauling Nazi flags and torches, chanting, “you will not replace us” and “blood and soil.” They taunted counter-protesters and innocent passers-by.
    And yet when their aggressive behavior triggered riots and violence in the streets of the quiet college town, the president declined to condemn them. What he offered instead was a cowardly, irresolute, passive statement criticizing the generic intolerance of unnamed groups.

  15. #570
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Ridley, PA
    Posts
    2,613
    Quote Originally Posted by CARIIS View Post
    Fair notions.

    I think what is being overlooked, however, is the core discussion of what a hate spewed campaign he ran- why do you think Putin got him in?

    That is what Putin wants -- to divide America - look at the mess the world is in since Jan?

    People waited in line for his pep rallies more like they were waiting for a wrestling match- there are reaons for that.

    Folks waiting to hear Obama were humming love songs

    and came out hummin love songs

    People exciting his were screaming lock her up get Muslims em out whatever.

    There are profound differences.

    Dont know much about either group , when was last time there was such violent event with either group?

    Obvously for the attendess if there in in Trump and Hitler garb THEY have made some sort on connection between them - not us here on Polivent.

    That is the huge difference.

    The murderer in the car told mom he was going to alt right hate fest.

    The connections he made are the same thing.

    That is the problem he has started .

    His rherotic at the VA one was equally disturbing-- "they" are taking away your govt.

    That is what Hitler was saying on his rise to power.

    "They" are investigating you arse- because you broke the law.

    "They " (whoever that is ) have nothing to do with it .

    If his gang had gone to the FBI when they got JR email about Russia having illigally obtained dirt on Hillary noone would be
    investagating him.

    If they all did not cooperate with PUtin altering the voter registration data Putin would not have been able to mess with Electoral College

    Just look at the campaign he ran and look at yesterday the similarities are glaring
    IT was not a hate spewed campaign. The campaign was about forgotten Americans overregulated, overtaxed, ignored, lied to, attacked, etc. These Americans continue to be attacked by those who seek to overturn their vote, in the name of some false Russia narrative, that has now been spun to any area where they can find anything on anybody.

    The people who went to Trump rallies were peaceful. They were regular Americans, who cleaned up after themselves. They still are peaceful and show up in big numbers in places like West Virginia. The violence occurred when people like Antifa showed up to cause trouble at the rallies.
    Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

Page 38 of 158 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 88 138 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-04-2017, 11:30 PM
  2. Found Safe IL - Jaclyn White, 15, Aurora, 20 March 2016
    By JerseyGirl in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-24-2016, 09:20 AM
  3. Found Safe TN - Sandra White, 72, Kingsport, 11 March 2016
    By los2188 in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-23-2016, 10:58 AM
  4. Found Deceased VA - Patrick Collins, 27, Charlottesville, 22 March 1986
    By PaulR in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-23-2014, 09:06 PM