747 users online (107 members and 640 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

IL - Kierra Garner, 6, dies of drug OD, Dolton, 5 Jan 2006

A 6-year-old girl was found dead, lying next to her mother, who was unconscious and barely clinging to life in the family's south suburban Dolton home Thursday afternoon, police said.

A relative had gone to the home in the 15700 block of South Dobson and made the discovery. The relative called authorities about 1:35 p.m. Thursday, said Dolton Police spokesman Sean Howard.
    http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/...-bodies06.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    A 6-year-old girl was found dead, lying next to her mother, who was unconscious and barely clinging to life in the family's south suburban Dolton home Thursday afternoon, police said.

A relative had gone to the home in the 15700 block of South Dobson and made the discovery. The relative called authorities about 1:35 p.m. Thursday, said Dolton Police spokesman Sean Howard.
    http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/...-bodies06.html
    That's just freaky! I wonder what they could have died from?

man i wonder what happened....

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    I hope the mother will get well enough to tell them what happened. This is really wierd.

Kierra was found by her grandmother Thursday in her family's home in the 15700 block of South Dobson in Dolton, according to a source. She was wearing pink pajamas and was on her mother's bed. Her mother was next to her, unconscious, authorities said.

An autopsy conducted Friday on Kierra was inconclusive, and her mother, Patrice Garner, remained in a coma at Ingalls Memorial Hospital in Harvey, said Sean Howard, a spokesman for Dolton police.

Howard said Patrice Garner opened her eyes once and responded to pain, but then slipped back into the coma.

A screening at the home did not reveal high levels of carbon monoxide, and pets inside the home were still alive. There was no sign of a break-in.
    http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/...-bodies07.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Oh how sad. I wonder if this is a murder suicide.

Mom of dead girl briefly out of coma

A Dolton woman found comatose next to the body of her 6-year-old daughter has been in and out of consciousness and has spoken briefly, officials said Friday.

Patrice Garner, 35, was taken to Ingalls Memorial Hospital in Harvey after her mother, Princess Oden, discovered her Thursday afternoon at home in the 15700 block of Dobson Avenue, lying in bed next to her daughter, Kierra, who was dead.

Garner's condition has improved and by Friday morning she had regained consciousness for short periods at least twice, said Dolton city spokesman Sean Howard.

Kierra's autopsy was completed Friday morning, but a cause of death was not yet available, said a spokesman for the Cook County medical examiner's office.

A toxicology report will not come back for weeks, he said.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...-newslocal-hed

Child found dead, mother in coma in 'peculiar' incident

It was very common for Princess Oden to talk to her daughter Patrice "Patricia" Garner on the phone several times a day.
    This was especially true when Patricia's husband — a traveling anesthesiologist — was out of town, and she and her young daughter Kierra were home alone. Sometimes, the two would even stay with Oden while he traveled.

So when Oden could not reach her daughter Thursday, she made her way to Garner's Dolton home and let herself in with a spare key, about 1:30 p.m.

Inside, she found Patricia and Kierra unconscious in the master bedroom. She called 911.
    http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southt...dex/06-ds6.htm

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    It was very common for Princess Oden to talk to her daughter Patrice "Patricia" Garner on the phone several times a day.
    This was especially true when Patricia's husband — a traveling anesthesiologist — was out of town, and she and her young daughter Kierra were home alone. Sometimes, the two would even stay with Oden while he traveled.

So when Oden could not reach her daughter Thursday, she made her way to Garner's Dolton home and let herself in with a spare key, about 1:30 p.m.

Inside, she found Patricia and Kierra unconscious in the master bedroom. She called 911.
    http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southt...dex/06-ds6.htm

Did you catch were "would not comment on if drugs were found"

One possibility COULD be that the child got into some drugs, and died and the mother, guilt ridden, overdosed?

Quote Originally Posted by lostfaith
    Did you catch were "would not comment on if drugs were found"

One possibility COULD be that the child got into some drugs, and died and the mother, guilt ridden, overdosed?
    While that is always a possibility, don't forget there are very few homes where some type of drugs wouldn't be found. I know I have prescription drugs at my home. (LOL, nothing that would be used to get high though).
    However, the toxicology reports haven't had time to come back yet.

H0NEYWEST is offline I have a .38 and an ocelot ~ they're both loaded
    "a traveling anesthesiologist"

What an odd term.

an anesthesiologist would know exactly what/how/when to kill someone without it being tied back to them. I would guess succinate choline... I think the dad had something to do with this...

Anesthesiologists travel?!

Happiness...consists in giving, and in serving others.
    - Henry Drummond

Quote Originally Posted by Paradise
    Anesthesiologists travel?!
    I just can't really comment on this. Maybe later....when I have composed myself.

Quote Originally Posted by mssheila
    an anesthesiologist would know exactly what/how/when to kill someone without it being tied back to them. I would guess succinate choline... I think the dad had something to do with this...
    My first reaction was he had something to do with it too...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast