846 users online (75 members and 771 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Klarys View Post
    Did she specifically say that it was for a SCHOOL project?

The murder happened on the 2nd of August, so unless they were attending summer school, why would a lump of brick be displayed on a nightstand in the bedroom, for a school art project during the summer holidays?

Honestly, kinda wish the judge had allowed it, had allowed MM to try and explain, so she could trip herself up on that ludicrous excuse.
    The judge didn't stop her from trying to explain, she refused to take the witness stand as is her right.

When the court trial transcript might be ready.

Davidson County District Attorney Garry Frank estimated that getting the court record together could take 90-120 days.
    http://www.sundayworld.com/news/news...ck-mans-family

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/c...-36026615.html

more of the same lies from Mike Earnest . I actually urge you all to contact the press council because this is a twist of the truth . The judge didn't say you can't say what the brick is for . Tom didn't know and Molly wouldn't testify . Such a twisted version of the truth

All the M's defense had to do was create reasonable doubt.
    They were banking on the lies about Mr Fp.
    They were banking on the children's testimonies
    They were banking on TM's credentials as former FBI
    They were banking on TM's testimony and this was rehearsed beforehand, lots of times IMO
    They were banking on the jury not being the sharpest tools in the box.

They did not bank on an astute judge and the evidence he disallowed.
    They did not bank on TM being such an arrogant pr*** on the stand
    They did not bank on having to consider MM to testify as they hadn't prepared her IMO
    They did not bank on the passion of the Davidson County sheriffs department
    They did not bank on a unanimous guilty verdict for both.

Neither did they bank on this forum teasing out the evidence and putting light into the muddle

They did not bank on the likeability of the C family
    They did not bank on the wisdom and intelligence of Mr Fp who made a sworn statement before he died.
    They did not bank on the people of Limerick and Ireland to support the Cs.

The M's were banking on making money off this trial after they were acquitted. The ABC show was the pilot!
    They are banking on the american people coughing up for their appeal (though I see one troubled soul from Ireland has donated today) The appeal may not even go ahead as there's not much money coming in to pay for it

What else have they left to bank on?
    The ME duo?

That's it!

There is nothing else.

If the brick was part of an arts and craft project, then I chuckle with amusement at my own fantasy that M and J in heaven also had a team working on this trial and on the minds of everyone involved and are one step ahead of M1551729
    They weren't banking on that either!
    Last edited by lovetogrowlass; 08-13-2017 at 03:38 PM.

Well. I can see why the Martens/Earnests chose that fundraising website instead of the better known alternatives.

Not going to link it, but here's some information from their faq:

What if I don't reach my fundraising target?
    We're a 'keep-it-all' personal crowdfunding site meaning that even if you don't reach your fundraising goal, you still keep all of the funds raised (minus our industry low fees).

When do I receive the funds raised?

Unlike many other crowdfunding sites, you don't have to wait until your campaign ends before accessing your donations.

Can I ask a question for clarity from some of our American sleuthers/maybe even Harmony as you have lots of knowledge on this topic. It is my understanding that TM & MM were charged with 2nd degree murder, therefore the charge that needed to be proven was 2nd degree murder. It was up to the defense to cast reasonable doubt on that charge and/or mitigate the charges by proving self defense. Is that right?

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-36026615.html

The defence challenges in the appeal are set to include the failure to have three lead detectives in the investigation testify about what they were told about the events of August 2, 2015.No detective testified about what was said by the father and daughter before, during or after they gave voluntary statements at Davidson County Sheriff's Office between 5am and 8am on August 2.

The Martens will also challenge aspects of the forensic evidence against them while a third tier of the challenge will be the refusal of Judge David Lee to allow sworn statements from Mr Corbett's children, Jack (12) and Sarah (10), to be allowed into defence evidence.
    So on that basis, why did the defense not call any of the three lead detectives to the stand? They had the right to present any number of witnesses is that correct?

They had the opportunity to present alternate forensic theories to the jury using any number of their own witnesses and they chose not to. Surely that would mean no grounds for appeal if they were to move forward with the same counsel?

Seems to me the only basis they have for an appeal is if they can convince another judge of the worthiness of the children's sworn statements? (which I highly doubt given the time Judge Lee took to deliberate on the matter, but it is always possible I guess)

Unless they were stating they had received ineffective counsel I cannot see how an appeal application would be accepted. They had the opportunity to present a defense and they chose not to present one. Its not up to the prosecution to call their witnesses for them!

How could a delicate beauty like Molly be capable of such violence?

Last edited by Grouchymom; 08-13-2017 at 03:30 PM.

So MM testimony was missing according to CM. Funny that she was given the chance to take to the stand but refused so the only one to blame for this would be MM herself. While on the stand she could also have testified about the brick and I am sure that the videos would have been brought in if she had have testified. Only person really to blame for all these missing pieces is MM herself.

That interview is a pure advertisement for their gofund, they even link it in that article.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizby View Post
    So MM testimony was missing according to CM. Funny that she was given the chance to take to the stand but refused so the only one to blame for this would be MM herself. While on the stand she could also have testified about the brick and I am sure that the videos would have been brought in if she had have testified. Only person really to blame for all these missing pieces is MM herself.

That interview is a pure advertisement for their gofund, they even link it in that article.
    It seems obvious that Molly wanted Jason's children, and I suspect that she believed the best way to take his children and his money was to murder him. I think her father was in on the plan and that's why he brought the baseball bat to the house, and instructed his wife to stay out of it - to not call police while Jason was beaten to death.

"The family said there were three pieces of crucial evidence left out of the trial: Molly Corbett's testimony that the brick paver was in the bedroom because of a craft project, the daughter's testimony of Jason's alleged abuse towards Molly, and Tom and Molly's taped police testimony at the police station after the murder."

http://www.local8now.com/content/new...439920883.html

It doesn't really matter why there was a brick in the master bedroom. What matters is that it was covered in blood, as was the pillow and bedding. It was brought to the bedroom and used as a weapon.

Given that Jason's son used the words "verbally and physically abusive", I don't think we can believe anything the children said. That language is not normal for a child, and appears to be what he was instructed to say.

If the defense wanted to present the police interviews, they could. They chose to not present that evidence, so clearly there must be something in those interviews that presents a problem for the defense.

I would be very surprised if an appeal is successful.

grasping at straws for $s, much?
    It matters nothing who or why paver was in bedroom, it only matters that it was used to crush a man's skull.

Interesting how they now focus on female orphan's alleged statement, jC junior just shot their lies outa the water with his statement.
    They are vultures.. merciless.

But an innocent family, the F family right now are suffering profoundly from the lies they continue to utter against a woman they never knew, the mother of the orphans.
    This, despite a statement and the ful autopsy of her death having been submitted and seen by them.

I am sick.
    Somewhere along the line they must be held accountable for their sadistic and repeated attacks against the F family, who have no spokesperson, who are already grieving the premature death of their father along with their community who lost a friend.
    ..or so it appears.. ...

Jmo, the children were being groomed to cry abuse. Jason worked hard for his family so they could have a comfortable family life. Molly was the stay at home parent who had enough time to make herself look like a victim . The children were exposed to evil and I hope they can recover and live a healthy life with their Irish relatives. Wishing the Irish family the best with peace they now deserve.

God it makes me mad..: mollys "testimony" about art project....: she CHOOSE not to testify.... and anyway whilst we all have suspicions as to why it was there, it is not really an issue with the 2nd degree murder charge. If it was 1st degree premeditated then why it was there is more relevant. The reality is she CHOOSE to use it regardless of why it was there.

Also did you notice The reference to the "daughters" testimony re DV in home. Is this little SC? Does that mean JC Jnr wasn't really
    Strong on that point?? Interesting as they wanted him to go in first to Dragonfly House. Was that to get him through it before he changed his mind??

Quote Originally Posted by Logic-lady View Post
    Can I ask a question for clarity from some of our American sleuthers/maybe even Harmony as you have lots of knowledge on this topic. It is my understanding that TM & MM were charged with 2nd degree murder, therefore the charge that needed to be proven was 2nd degree murder. It was up to the defense to cast reasonable doubt on that charge and/or mitigate the charges by proving self defense. Is that right?

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-36026615.html

So on that basis, why did the defense not call any of the three lead detectives to the stand? They had the right to present any number of witnesses is that correct?

They had the opportunity to present alternate forensic theories to the jury using any number of their own witnesses and they chose not to. Surely that would mean no grounds for appeal if they were to move forward with the same counsel?

Seems to me the only basis they have for an appeal is if they can convince another judge of the worthiness of the children's sworn statements? (which I highly doubt given the time Judge Lee took to deliberate on the matter, but it is always possible I guess)

Unless they were stating they had received ineffective counsel I cannot see how an appeal application would be accepted. They had the opportunity to present a defense and they chose not to present one. Its not up to the prosecution to call their witnesses for them!
    Partial reply to this-
    The prosecutor did in fact refer to the detectives' interviews with TM.. he stated TM had attempted to outsmart them and take control of the interview.. he referred to TM referring to himself as a junior FBI agent.. he then went on to question TM about whether he liked taking control and basically chewed him up and spat him out.
    ..or so it appears.. ...

Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    It seems obvious that Molly wanted Jason's children, and I suspect that she believed the best way to take his children and his money was to murder him. I think her father was in on the plan and that's why he brought the baseball bat to the house, and instructed his wife to stay out of it - to not call police while Jason was beaten to death.

"The family said there were three pieces of crucial evidence left out of the trial: Molly Corbett's testimony that the brick paver was in the bedroom because of a craft project, the daughter's testimony of Jason's alleged abuse towards Molly, and Tom and Molly's taped police testimony at the police station after the murder."

http://www.local8now.com/content/new...439920883.html

It doesn't really matter why there was a brick in the master bedroom. What matters is that it was covered in blood, as was the pillow and bedding. It was brought to the bedroom and used as a weapon.

Given that Jason's son used the words "verbally and physically abusive", I don't think we can believe anything the children said. That language is not normal for a child, and appears to be what he was instructed to say.

If the defense wanted to present the police interviews, they could. They chose to not present that evidence, so clearly there must be something in those interviews that presents a problem for the defense.

I would be very surprised if an appeal is successful.
    The bat used is the same as a bat in photos of little JC, a bat that was given to him by TM the previous summer. Little JC's bat was never found dispite search warrants.

Personally, I don't think it was planned by TM but I do think that it was by MM. Whether TM got in there when the deed was done or nearly done I am not sure but he also had blood spatter on him so he was involved at some point. Law enforcements think that they waited for at least an hour to call 911 due to the coolness of the body.

Completely agree with you with regards to the kids statement, they are not the words of a 10 year old but conveniently for ABC, they omitted to show the bits were the kids said "Mom told me". That is why the Judge would not allow them into evidence as it was believed that they were coached.

If MM had any defence she should have taken to the stand, but she choose not to, both her and her defence team presented no defence, it was all on TM statement which the jury found not credible.

This following article from last summer gives a good insight to the case.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/viewpoi...ed-413544.html

While Mr Martens claimed he had the bat to hand as it was a gift he was going to give Mr Corbett’s son, Jack, court documents revealed that Jack Corbett told a counsellor that Mr Martens had already gifted him a baseball bat the previous summer. Investigators also said they saw pictures of the young boy playing with the bat.
    Last edited by Frizby; 08-13-2017 at 06:03 PM.

Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast