640 users online (75 members and 565 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fido View Post
    God it makes me mad..: mollys "testimony" about art project....: she CHOOSE not to testify.... and anyway whilst we all have suspicions as to why it was there, it is not really an issue with the 2nd degree murder charge. If it was 1st degree premeditated then why it was there is more relevant. The reality is she CHOOSE to use it regardless of why it was there.

Also did you notice The reference to the "daughters" testimony re DV in home. Is this little SC? Does that mean JC Jnr wasn't really
    Strong on that point?? Interesting as they wanted him to go in first to Dragonfly House. Was that to get him through it before he changed his mind??
    In my opinion, MM had been "grooming" those children for her DV divorce lie for some time. One can only imagine the emotional abuse when she needed their statements for a "get-away-with-murder" plan.

How frightened and insecure they must have felt...with their Dad dead, in the hands of these people.

I think the plans to fly banners over their Irish school...to intrude in their new life...were threats and reminders that she COULD and WOULD intrude in their new lives.

After Young JC's scathing letter was read in court...she must be pinning her hopes on SC to save her.

Something tells me that is not going to happen. They are free of her now.
    Everything I post here...is just my humble opinion. 😎

Quote Originally Posted by fido View Post
    God it makes me mad..: mollys "testimony" about art project....: she CHOOSE not to testify.... and anyway whilst we all have suspicions as to why it was there, it is not really an issue with the 2nd degree murder charge. If it was 1st degree premeditated then why it was there is more relevant. The reality is she CHOOSE to use it regardless of why it was there.

Also did you notice The reference to the "daughters" testimony re DV in home. Is this little SC? Does that mean JC Jnr wasn't really
    Strong on that point?? Interesting as they wanted him to go in first to Dragonfly House. Was that to get him through it before he changed his mind??
    I am thinking that they know JC Jrn.did recant what was said in those interviews. Are they trying to say SC didn't, so can still try and use hers. How low are they willing to go. I can't find it now, but I'm sure that someone tweeted the judge said they both had recanted anyway.
    All in my own opinion. The truth shall set you free

Quote Originally Posted by Columbo16 View Post
    I am thinking that they know JC Jrn.did recant what was said in those interviews. Are they trying to say SC didn't, so can still try and use hers. How low are they willing to go. I can't find it now, but I'm sure that someone tweeted the judge said they both had recanted anyway.
    Hope springs eternal in a demented, obsessed mind. A little road trip around FB would disprove that theory in, as we say...a New York minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizby View Post
    The bat used is the same as a bat in photos of little JC, a bat that was given to him by TM the previous summer. Little JC's bat was never found dispite search warrants.

Personally, I don't think it was planned by TM but I do think that it was by MM. Whether TM got in there when the deed was done or nearly done I am not sure but he also had blood spatter on him so he was involved at some point. Law enforcements think that they waited for at least an hour to call 911 due to the coolness of the body.

Completely agree with you with regards to the kids statement, they are not the words of a 10 year old but conveniently for ABC, they omitted to show the bits were the kids said "Mom told me". That is why the Judge would not allow them into evidence as it was believed that they were coached.

If MM had any defence she should have taken to the stand, but she choose not to, both her and her defence team presented no defence, it was all on TM statement which the jury found not credible.

This following article from last summer gives a good insight to the case.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/viewpoi...ed-413544.html
    Thanks for the info about the bat and the link. I don't have any doubt that this was a premeditated murder. The activities after the murder make the motive abundantly clear - this was about a nanny who wanted ownership of two children and their dad's money. She was completely comfortable turning them into orphans for selfish reasons. Lying about the bat exposed her father as attempting to manipulate the investigation by falsifying facts. It's so unfortunate that she knew his plans to return to Ireland with his children, as that is the reason he was murdered.

My view on the Martens & their family.... They are the last cries of a sinking ship that was never seaworthy to begin with. They will lie in the bottom with the mud for years maybe forever. Never to resurface, remaining damaged until one day it breaks into smithereens & no one with regret it's pitiful demise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if they were able to tell if the paving brick was removed from the landscape design in the front...outside the bedroom door...or brought up from the pile outside the lower floor door?

What I mean...is a brick missing in front? It should be easy to spot if this was a professional landscaping addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairness71 View Post
    My view on the Martens & their family.... They are the last cries of a sinking ship that was never seaworthy to begin with. They will lie in the bottom with the mud for years maybe forever. Never to resurface, remaining damaged until one day it breaks into smithereens & no one with regret it's pitiful demise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Leave her to Heaven...and those thorns that in her bosom lodge...to prick and sting her." Shakespeare...Hamlet.

Quote Originally Posted by stmarysmead View Post
    Hope springs eternal in a demented, obsessed mind. A little road trip around FB would disprove that theory in, as we say...a New York minute.
    I think ME is willing to sell his soul to the devil, to get the convicted pair out.
    All in my own opinion. The truth shall set you free

Quote Originally Posted by Columbo16 View Post
    I think ME is willing to sell his soul to the devil, to get the convicted pair out.
    Can he be charged ? Can he be jailed for these lies when he has access to the truth?
    I desperately want him to be charged.
    Does anybody know the law in relation to this, please?
    ..or so it appears.. ...

Quote Originally Posted by kittythehare View Post
    Can he be charged ? Can he be jailed for these lies when he has access to the truth?
    I desperately want him to be charged.
    Does anybody know the law in relation to this, please?
    He can't be jailed. Maybe a civil suit.

But we know he KNOWS. That's what is so curious about his media hysteria. He is the Rumpelstiltskin of this case, jumping up and down, screaming and yelling.

He is making a bufffoon out of himself.

Listen to JC twin brother and the sister of JC first wife speaking on the RTE Radio 1 (National Broadcaster in Ireland) on the 10th August, speaking about JC, MM, TM, the children, the trial, the death of JC, etc.

http://www.rte.ie/radio/utils/radiop...2D08%2D2017%5F
    Last edited by Frizby; 08-13-2017 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Logic-lady View Post
    Can I ask a question for clarity from some of our American sleuthers/maybe even Harmony as you have lots of knowledge on this topic. It is my understanding that TM & MM were charged with 2nd degree murder, therefore the charge that needed to be proven was 2nd degree murder. It was up to the defense to cast reasonable doubt on that charge and/or mitigate the charges by proving self defense. Is that right?

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-36026615.html

So on that basis, why did the defense not call any of the three lead detectives to the stand? They had the right to present any number of witnesses is that correct?

They had the opportunity to present alternate forensic theories to the jury using any number of their own witnesses and they chose not to. Surely that would mean no grounds for appeal if they were to move forward with the same counsel?

Seems to me the only basis they have for an appeal is if they can convince another judge of the worthiness of the children's sworn statements? (which I highly doubt given the time Judge Lee took to deliberate on the matter, but it is always possible I guess)

Unless they were stating they had received ineffective counsel I cannot see how an appeal application would be accepted. They had the opportunity to present a defense and they chose not to present one. Its not up to the prosecution to call their witnesses for them!

I want to weigh in on this but it's not necessarily my belief it will succeed, or my hope it will happen. Regarding the appeal, I think it's possible they might not just be seeking a new trial, but two new trials. Or two separate appeals for TM & MM rather than in-concert?

TM may have been dragged into it believing something to be true that really wasn't. The jury foreman said they believe TM got physically involved when JC size over MM became a factor. I thought it was odd that TM testified knowing nothing about the brick? How could that be? Seems like the foreman could be saying there was once a lifeline for TM for self defense before the coverup. IDK

MM is a deceitful diva, a malingerer feigning DV, that has caused additional problems for TM, IMO. I think she is a sick girl, and her personality issues are real, but she has been deceiving the law now for two years. And is incapable of coming clean, not even for her father's sake. I wonder if TM could be persuaded to talk about his daughter in relation to the crime now that he's in jail? Who knows?

BTW The assertion that JC hurt MFC is over the top. What man would choke a newborn nursing mother of his own child? It defies reason and logic. Makes MM look totally beyond the pale. What a piece of work she turned out to be. JMO
    Last edited by searchinGirl; 08-13-2017 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Formatting, grammar.
    You convict on hearsay evidence alone, you increase your sins...African proverb

It may be that SM is as fixated on her only girl child as MM is on SC. If SM was diagnosed with cancer and its an unoptimistic diagnosis, TM might have done all this for his wife. Save the daughter, avoid the scandal. Protect SM from any more stress as she battles for her life.

They may have thought TM, his FBI credentials, and his rescue story would clear up the whole matter. They didn't know about the brick.

Remember that comment on the 911 call.."He's a bloody mess" something like that...it sounded to me like surprise and disgust at something he was seeing for the first time,

Ah would you pull the other one, it's got bells on. A house of over 5,000 sqft and they use the Master Bedroom to paint an ugly rough paving slab. And not only that, it is not kept on the floor, it has pride of place on the lovely furniture. With such a controlling husband which she claims, you would think it would be the last place you would be doing school projects let alone paint bricks.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-36026615.html
    Uncle M has no idea what he is talking about! The murder happened on Aug. 2, 2015. School was not in session.

Listen to JC twin brother and the sister of JC first wife speaking on the RTE Radio 1 (National Broadcaster in Ireland) on the 10th August, speaking about JC, MM, TM, the children, the trial, the death of JC, etc.

http://www.rte.ie/radio/utils/radiop...2D08%2D2017%5F
    Unbelievable - Molly sent Jason's family the bill for the ambulance that transported the body from the house, and then she moved the body a couple of times to prevent the family from viewing the body.

Good for Jason that he protected his children in the event that he died.

I don't know if I've ever heard of a story of a nanny who became so obsessed with the children that she did what Molly did to gain control of the children.

And ... I agree with Jason's twin brother ... Jason was sleeping when he was attacked.
    Last edited by otto; 08-13-2017 at 10:07 PM.

Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast