942 users online (154 members and 788 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 536
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lost in the desert
    Posts
    2,536
    WOW some weird cases going on lately.
    Don't mind the misspellings.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by pamelado2 View Post
    The said they asked the restaurant owner if he had surveillance from the time period when the alleged killer says he dropped her off and he did.
    Which is no doubt why the story has changed.

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    I should have said - "from what I understand"
    There was an interview with the restaurant owner in a Swedish paper where he hinted that there is something interesting on that tape. True or not, I don't know.


    Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk Pro

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,057
    Quote Originally Posted by Vail View Post
    Is it poor translation maybe? He described it as an island. I am more incredulous of his story than I am wondering about how she actually got home.
    Refshaleøen is an island that is connected to the island of Amager. The Danish capital Copenhagen is located on the islands of Zealand and Amager. Refshaleøen is a festival area. Madsen and Wall left from there earlier in the evening, around 19.00 hrs.

    Map from the BBC with the location where she allegedly was dropped off, and sightings of the submarine:
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40922750

    submarine_mystery_624.png.jpg


    Initially Peter Madsen said he dropped Kim Wall off after dark at about 22:30 at the Halvandet restaurant, on the northern tip of Refshaleoen, close to where they had met earlier.

    Restaurant owner Bo Petersen said the area was well covered by CCTV and he handed the video footage to police.

    We do not know what was on the video but police said Peter Madsen had given them a new account of events. That account has not yet been made public.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity ~ Hanlon's Razor

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,057
    PART OF LIFE JACKET FOUND - KIM WALL MISSING

    Ekstrabladet.dk
    http://ekstrabladet.dk/112/svensk-re...m-wall/6780236

    The Swedish naval service has found something in connection with the case of the missing Kim Wall.

    This confirmed station manager Frederik Winblad towards Aftonbladet and Expressen late Tuesday evening.

    The find was done shortly before 21:00 this evening and it was found in Øresud.

    "We have made a discovery, which we believe is of interest, which is why we have tipped the authorities, and we are still on the spot," he said last night.

    "We have handed over our findings to the Danish police," said Frederik Winblad.

    (...)

    'Swedish naval service has found parts of a life jacket. Now transferred. Probably no interest in the matter. Nothing further,' the police writes on Twitter.


    BBM


    Denmark has förundersökningssekretess aka pre-trial confidentiality.


    The Swedish police has worked to try to locate phones. However, the result of that measure would not be communicated by the Swedish contact person as the data at the moment are part of the Danish investigation.
    Last edited by ZaZara; 08-16-2017 at 06:47 AM.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity ~ Hanlon's Razor

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,057
    U-BOAT CAPTAIN MADSEN NOW CHARGED WITH 'NEGLIGENT MANSLAUGHTER UNDER PARTICULARLY AGGRAVATING CIRCUMSTANCES'

    Ekstrabladet.dk
    http://ekstrabladet.dk/112/byret-til...gsling/6780670

    Copenhagen City Council has changed the wording of the order for detention of prisoner of inventor and submarine owner Peter Madsen. This can be seen in the file, according to Ritzau and Ekstra Bladet who had access to the document.

    In the order, 'negligent manslaughter' has been changed to 'negligent manslaughter under particularly aggravating circumstances'. It is the provision that is used, among other things, against drunken drivers.

    The written change was made Monday, 14 August. Peter Madsen was detained on Saturday. The police charged him with killing the Swedish journalist Kim Isabel Wall, but that was not the basis for his imprisonment. Instead, it was a subordinate sentence of negligent manslaughter. The subordinate sentence was raised at the hearing where the public was kept outside the room. The clause about negligent manslaughter contains two paragraphs, which are widely different. In the first part, the punishment is a fine or imprisonment up to four months.


    BBM

    Apparently the earlier wording was a mistake that has now been corrected. This is admissable by Danish law. Maximum penalty under the new clause is 8 years imprisonment.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity ~ Hanlon's Razor

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    545
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaZara View Post
    U-BOAT CAPTAIN MADSEN NOW CHARGED WITH 'NEGLIGENT MANSLAUGHTER UNDER PARTICULARLY AGGRAVATING CIRCUMSTANCES'

    Ekstrabladet.dk
    http://ekstrabladet.dk/112/byret-til...gsling/6780670

    Copenhagen City Council has changed the wording of the order for detention of prisoner of inventor and submarine owner Peter Madsen. This can be seen in the file, according to Ritzau and Ekstra Bladet who had access to the document.

    In the order, 'negligent manslaughter' has been changed to 'negligent manslaughter under particularly aggravating circumstances'. It is the provision that is used, among other things, against drunken drivers.

    The written change was made Monday, 14 August. Peter Madsen was detained on Saturday. The police charged him with killing the Swedish journalist Kim Isabel Wall, but that was not the basis for his imprisonment. Instead, it was a subordinate sentence of negligent manslaughter. The subordinate sentence was raised at the hearing where the public was kept outside the room. The clause about negligent manslaughter contains two paragraphs, which are widely different. In the first part, the punishment is a fine or imprisonment up to four months.


    BBM

    Apparently the earlier wording was a mistake that has now been corrected. This is admissable by Danish law. Maximum penalty under the new clause is 8 years imprisonment.
    This doesn't make sense. Can they later change the charge to murder then?

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,057
    Quote Originally Posted by pamelado2 View Post
    This doesn't make sense. Can they later change the charge to murder then?

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Yes they can (if there is proof of murder). For now LE needs a legal ground to keep him in provisional or investigative detention.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity ~ Hanlon's Razor

  8. #23
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,385
    The BBC & The Guardian are following this quite closely (Ms Wall writes/has written for the Guardian/NYT, as well as others).

    A couple of links, which contain other links, & some background:
    https://www.google.ca/amp/www.bbc.co...urope-40922750

    https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.theg...marine-mystery

    The NYT is also covering this.

    The BBC link has a sort of timeline, case map & last sighting info.
    *********
    Hooks up!

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,057
    POLICE ON THE SEARCH FOR KIM WALL: WE ARE LOOKING FOR A DEAD PERSON

    Sydsvenskan.se
    https://www.sydsvenskan.se/2017-08-1...-en-dod-person

    Danish military divers are searching in the area of Kögebukten during Thursday, where the submarine Nautilus sank last Friday. Other searches for missing journalist Kim Wall's body are scaled down on the Danish side.

    The police in Copenhagen expect that the journalist Kim Wall has died, it was formally announced at lunch on Thursday. But the body is still missing.

    "The submarine sailed out at 19 o'clock on Thursday, after which there are observations of it at around 23.30," said Jens Møller, head of the Copenhagen Police Unit for Serious Crime.
    - After that, we have no reliable indications of where the submarine may have been until 10.14 the day after, just before it sank.

    Against this background, the police have directed the search towards Kögebukten, both on Swedish and Danish side. Some deeper pockets in the seabed and deep trenches are the focus of the divers from the Danish defense unit.
    "We have searched a lot with airplanes across the Öresund. It is our clear assumption that we are looking for a dead person. But the work has not turned up anything and we have canceled the flights for now," says Jens Møller.


    BBM
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity ~ Hanlon's Razor

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    350
    Searching those waters between Sweden and Denmark is quite the undertaking....I'd think it seems unlikely that Kim would be found. What about currents?
    It's also possible he put her on shore in some isolated place?

    Changing his story, scuttling his own submarine? Give me a break !
    So sad for her family...


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    142
    According to Danish and Swedish newspapers have Peter Madsen admitted that Kim Wall died in an accident onboard the submarine and that he buried her at sea.
    https://www.b.dk/nationalt/peter-mad...ravet-til-soes (in Danish )

    If it was some kind of accident, why not take her body back to the shore and report it to the police?
    Last edited by FrostOwl; 08-21-2017 at 04:34 AM.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by whitelilac View Post
    Searching those waters between Sweden and Denmark is quite the undertaking....I'd think it seems unlikely that Kim would be found. What about currents?
    It's also possible he put her on shore in some isolated place?
    The currents in the Strait are very complex, and there are much boat traffic as it's a busy shipping lane. PM seems to have admitted to having buried KW at sea now, but it would have been risky to try to bury her on shore as there are much traffic at sea and it would have been difficult to get the submarine close enough to the shore.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Øresund

    There are several missing persons in Sweden that have gone missing in the Strait, boating accidents and suicides, where the bodies haven't been found. Here's a list from 2008 of missing persons, many of them gone missing at or near the Strait. The list is in Swedish and there are more missing person cases today: https://www.hd.se/2008-01-07/listan-...vunna-personer
    Last edited by FrostOwl; 08-21-2017 at 04:58 AM.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,057
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostOwl View Post
    According to Danish and Swedish newspapers have Peter Madsen admitted that Kim Wall died in an accident onboard the submarine and that he buried her at sea.
    https://www.b.dk/nationalt/peter-mad...ravet-til-soes (in Danish )

    If it was some kind of accident, why not take her body back to the shore and report it to the police?
    "The police of Copenhagen further state that the charge of homicide is maintained."


    BBM


    It is also said that the rest of the investigation remains under a gagging order, they have published this detail as an exception.

    I do wonder what kind of accident this might have been. IMHO the options for an accident that involves only one member of the crew are limited in a submarine. Why bury her at sea indeed, if it was something simple like for instance if she choked on a piece of toast?

    I hope they manage to find her. Soon.



    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity ~ Hanlon's Razor

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    112
    A woman's body has been found in the water outside Amager, Denmark, in the area where the police is searching for Kim Wall's remains.

    (I can't figure out how to copy the link to Aftonbladet- sorry!)


    Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk Pro

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,057
    Sydsvenskan.se
    https://www.sydsvenskan.se/2017-08-2...mpaign=ushares

    Female body found in the water - in the area where Kim Wall is being sought

    A woman's body has been observed in the water southwest of the island of Amager at 15.41 on Monday afternoon, according to the Copenhagen police on Twitter. Examination is ongoing, they write further. At 20.30 hrs, Copenhagen police will hold a short press conference.

    BBM
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity ~ Hanlon's Razor

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Found Safe WI - Makayla Hanson-Wall, 13, & Candus Flodin, 14, St Croix Falls, 28 Feb 2017
    By los2188 in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-05-2017, 02:49 AM
  2. Replies: 44
    Last Post: 09-06-2016, 03:52 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-16-2015, 03:18 PM
  4. Denmark - Two dead, 5 policemen injured in Copenhagen shootings, 14 Feb 2015
    By LietKynes in forum Rampage Killings and Terrorist Attacks
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-18-2015, 02:19 PM
  5. Young giraffe put down in Copenhagen for dubious reasons
    By libraryg in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 03-26-2014, 02:59 AM

Tags for this Thread