1113 users online (244 members and 869 guests)  

Websleuths News

KY - Sandra Harris, 30, Casey County, 1 July 2005

Sandra's case was classified as an "unknown" reason, according to the missing person's site (link above).

She has been found near her home:

Dr. Emily Craig, state medical examiner, positively identified the remains Tuesday as Harris, who was found near a creek a short distance from where she lived, state police said. However, the cause of death has not been determined.

My sympathies to her family and friends

Central Texas
    From the newslink, her mother discovered her remains? How awful for her.

30 years old and an Army veteran. So sad.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Yes, from the report it was Mrs Harris, and a granddaughter who found the remains, while out on a walk.

Quote Originally Posted by PonderingThings
    Yes, from the report it was Mrs Harris, and a granddaughter who found the remains, while out on a walk.

How horrifying for that mother and little girl. Hadn't LE searched the area close to her home? This seems to be pretty common lately....others finding bodies that the police or search partys should have found. Someone is falling down on the job.

No disrespect but I am afraid I find it an extreme coincidence that the remains were found by a member of her own family!

nashville, tennessee
    I had read that she had a medical condition? I wonder if maybe the medical condition was the cause of her death? or do they have other suspicion? how horrible for the family to find their loved ones remains.

Missacorah I get what you are saying.

We don't have any information about where exactly the remains were. Were they partially hidden? Down a sharp embankment? Is the creek at a lower level than previously and has evaporated somewhat? Could animals have disturbed (dragged) the remains out so that they were more noticeable?

Was this a favorite area for Sandra to go? Is that why Grandma and Grandchild chose to walk there?

Until that information is released (if it ever is) we won't know for sure. we also don't know cause of death... yet.

The portion of the news article that states "Harris' mother, Frances Harris, reported her daughter missing six weeks after she disappeared. She told Casey County Sheriff Jerry Coffman that her daughter would leave home and be gone for several days before she returned." is interesting.

From May 2007:

When the decomposed remains of Sandra Harris were found in 2005, her head, neck and right forearm were missing. The report also stated the thumb and first finger were missing on her right hand.

When a skull was found Oct. 31, 2006, in Bastin Creek by a gravel hauler, police suspected the victim had been murdered... Craig and Dr. Nancy Ross-Stallings, also a forensic anthropologist, said the victim died from blunt force trauma to the head and ruled the death a homicide. Craig also concluded that skin had been removed from the three fingers on Sandra Harris' left hand to destroy her fingerprints and that her head had been decapitated...

"We don't know who did this," Mrs. Harris said. "Maybe they were evil or bored or after money. We don't know why. What they did was gruesome stuff. She died a horrible death."