KY KY - Sandra Harris, 30, Casey County, 1 July 2005

PonderingThings

Former member
Reaction score
http://www.nampn.doenetwork.us/cases/harris_sandra.html

Sandra's case was classified as an "unknown" reason, according to the missing person's site (link above).

She has been found near her home:
http://www.amnews.com/public_html/?module=displaystory&story_id=18579&format=html

Dr. Emily Craig, state medical examiner, positively identified the remains Tuesday as Harris, who was found near a creek a short distance from where she lived, state police said. However, the cause of death has not been determined.

My sympathies to her family and friends
frown.gif

From the newslink, her mother discovered her remains? How awful for her.

30 years old and an Army veteran. So sad.

Yes, from the report it was Mrs Harris, and a granddaughter who found the remains, while out on a walk.
frown.gif

PonderingThings said:
Yes, from the report it was Mrs Harris, and a granddaughter who found the remains, while out on a walk.
frown.gif

How horrifying for that mother and little girl. Hadn't LE searched the area close to her home? This seems to be pretty common lately....others finding bodies that the police or search partys should have found. Someone is falling down on the job.

No disrespect but I am afraid I find it an extreme coincidence that the remains were found by a member of her own family!

I had read that she had a medical condition? I wonder if maybe the medical condition was the cause of her death? or do they have other suspicion? how horrible for the family to find their loved ones remains.

Missacorah I get what you are saying.

We don't have any information about where exactly the remains were. Were they partially hidden? Down a sharp embankment? Is the creek at a lower level than previously and has evaporated somewhat? Could animals have disturbed (dragged) the remains out so that they were more noticeable?

Was this a favorite area for Sandra to go? Is that why Grandma and Grandchild chose to walk there?

Until that information is released (if it ever is) we won't know for sure. we also don't know cause of death... yet.

The portion of the news article that states "Harris' mother, Frances Harris, reported her daughter missing six weeks after she disappeared. She told Casey County Sheriff Jerry Coffman that her daughter would leave home and be gone for several days before she returned." is interesting.

From May 2007:

http://articles.centralkynews.com/2...5_1_decapitated-state-medical-examiner-victim

When the decomposed remains of Sandra Harris were found in 2005, her head, neck and right forearm were missing. The report also stated the thumb and first finger were missing on her right hand.

When a skull was found Oct. 31, 2006, in Bastin Creek by a gravel hauler, police suspected the victim had been murdered... Craig and Dr. Nancy Ross-Stallings, also a forensic anthropologist, said the victim died from blunt force trauma to the head and ruled the death a homicide. Craig also concluded that skin had been removed from the three fingers on Sandra Harris' left hand to destroy her fingerprints and that her head had been decapitated...

"We don't know who did this," Mrs. Harris said. "Maybe they were evil or bored or after money. We don't know why. What they did was gruesome stuff. She died a horrible death."

Hello..I am not sure where to start. Even though it's been 17 years my heart still aches and the anger is still there. One thing I can say is that I am glad my uncle (her father) passed away before her life was taken. Her name was Sandy but you all know her as Sandra and she is my cousin and best friend. Growing up she was tough, sweet and a powerhouse. We called each other every chance we had, even as adults we kept in contact as much as we could. She was in the military and we didn't get to talk to each other was much as we liked. Now...you may be wondering why I am still so angry...nothing has come out of this and I do not know where to turn. I had people in my family tell me just let it go and maybe I did for a bit because I didn't know what little ole me could do. Not anymore, I am ticked and something needs to be done. If it takes me forever then so be it. I talked to her before she went missing, well before we found out from her "mother" that she was missing. She was happy, things were looking up, but she had concerns about her mothers husband. I told her to let her mother know how she was feeling and she said that the woman would not listen, that she would just chalk it up to her being paranoid, etc. After that call I did not hear from her, this was normal because we were both busy and had lives. Then I got the call from my mother that they found Sandy and that she was dead. I was stunned and then all I could do was scream. I said where did they find her, how long she has been gone, and why did it take so long to report it? You know, all the usual questions and of course her mother was tight lipped. I only got my info from the articles. It was so hard for my grandmother, uncles, and my dad who was pretty close to her. At her funeral, it was well....weird. Her mother did not talk to any of the family and her step father was another story. He did not seem sad and said the weirdest things. He told my father that she was trouble and sometimes he had to handle her with tough love. First off, she 's 30, she does not need tough love and certainly not from you! My father stood there stunned. All my father could say is "what do you mean by that?" and he kept repeating himself. The guy would not answer my father and he walked away. This has bugged my father for a very long time. I need help to solve this myself and need to know where to start. Do I contact the department handling her case, will they give me her file or any information? She needs a voice and that person is going to be!

Hi CBurch, I'm not an expert but I know many people on here are. Welcome to the group. I'm sure others will chime in soon to give some advice. I do suggest you reach out to the moderators to get authenticated as an insider for your cousin, so you can provide more information.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back