NY - Boiling water dumped on 11-year-old girl's face during sleepover, August 2017

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
An 11-year-old New York girl is permanently scarred after her so-called friends dumped boiling water on her face during a sleepover in the Bronx.

Family members said Jamoneisha Merritt has not yet been given a mirror to see the severe damage done to her face and neck. While Merritt slept, a 12-year-old girl threw boiling water on her. That child is now being charged with felony assault.

Investigators are looking into whether this crime was inspired by an apparent social media trend called the "Hot Water Challenge." It involves stunts where unsuspecting victims get hot water thrown at them.

http://www.wisn.com/article/boiling-water-dumped-on-11-year-old-girl-s-face-at-sleepover/11663386

This is just horrible. The girl who threw the boiling water had to know it would injure Jamoneisha.

I am so glad we made it through the few sleepovers my kids went on. So frightening to hear the horror stories that can happen when hormonal adolescents are together all night. :sigh:

I hope there are some good doctors that can help her heal the scars. She is young and maybe she can heal better than an adult would. Poor sweetheart.

People who carry out stunts where unsuspecting victims have hot water thrown at them should be charged with assault. It's not a joke. This is absolutely ridiculous. Another child recently died because of supposed hot water challenge because she drunk boiling water through a straw.

People who carry out stunts where unsuspecting victims have hot water thrown at them should be charged with assault. It's not a joke. This is absolutely ridiculous. Another child recently died because of supposed hot water challenge because she drunk boiling water through a straw.
Exactly. This makes me think of when sexual assaults in the locker room are called bullying or hazing. No, it's criminal behavior and should be treated as such.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back