Australia Australia - Tanja Ebert, 23, Roseworthy, SA, 8 Aug 2017

Adrianna

Reaction score
Tanja Ebert

Sex: Female

Missing since: August

Missing from: Roseworthy, South Australia.

1LqshQO.jpg

POLICE believe a young South Australian mother last seen a week ago has been murdered.

The head of SA Police’s Major Crime Investigation Branch is briefing the media over the search for mother of two Tanja Ebert, 23, in an area around grain silos north of Adelaide.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...e/news-story/1080077ca4a191332ddb5a4c8a72c5a2

Very unusual for a mother of small children to get out of a car with no regard for her children.

Mmmmmmmmmmm, I wonder if the police think the issue is closer to home. I do wonder when is the last time she was seen outside the home.

All moo

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

CCTV footage shows her at the SA Museum (in the CBD) on the 8th August at approx 3:30pm. The husband says she left their vehicle of her own accord when they were near Roseworthy, which is about 50kms from the CBD. They were on their way home to their station which is near Yunta, which is approx 300kms from Adelaide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isknd6pCCzo

Not her husband. "A family member" called the police a couple of days later.

I actually know her husband's first cousin, I don't know her well enough to grill her about him though.

It would be a very lonely life for a 23 year old girl, stuck miles away from anything with two small children, particularly for a girl who didn't grow up in that situation. Very different to Germany!

I guess we're all thinking much the same as to the likely scenario, but maybe another possibility is that she did leave the car as the husband said and decided to hitchhike to Sydney. Superintendent Bray mentioned Sydney in his press conference. Maybe she met with foul play hitch-hiking? Not as likely I know ...
[video=youtube;UCCqO5bcF8o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCCqO5bcF8o[/video]

It would be a very lonely life for a 23 year old girl, stuck miles away from anything with two small children, particularly for a girl who didn't grow up in that situation. Very different to Germany!

I guess we're all thinking much the same as to the likely scenario, but maybe another possibility is that she did leave the car as the husband said and decided to hitchhike to Sydney. Superintendent Bray mentioned Sydney in his press conference. Maybe she met with foul play hitch-hiking? Not as likely I know ...
[video=youtube;UCCqO5bcF8o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCCqO5bcF8o[/video]

You would think that she would take her passport. I lived overseas for ten years and I would never leave anywhere without my passport. You would be trapped in the country and have no way to identify yourself.

A MAN believed to be the husband of a missing young woman has killed himself at the family’s Outback property this afternoon — just hours after police revealed they were convinced she had been murdered.

Tanja Ebert’s husband, Michael Burdon, had told police the 23-year-old mother of two refused to go home to their farm in SA’s northeast pastoral region following a trip to Adelaide and left the family car carrying a large sum of money.
At 2.30pm on Wednesday, police held a media conference to say they were treating her disappearance as a murder inquiry.
At 5pm on Wednesday, police said a 41-year-old man had died by a self-inflicted gunshot wound at the family’s property at Oulnina Station — outside Mannahill in SA’s northeast pastoral district — this afternoon.
Police were present at the property at the time but no one else was injured and authorities have not officially confirmed the identity of the man who killed himself.
An independent commissioner’s inquiry has already been launched into the incident and a report will be prepared for the coroner.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...e/news-story/1080077ca4a191332ddb5a4c8a72c5a2

Thanks for this thread. Been in the news all day. Just terrible. I hope he told them where his wife is before his suicide.
Where are the children??

At 5pm on Wednesday, police said a 41-year-old man had died by a self-inflicted gunshot wound at the family’s property at Oulnina Station — outside Mannahill in SA’s northeast pastoral district — some time after the media conference.
Police officers were present at the property at the time but no one else was injured.
Police confirmed to The Advertiser that the couple’s two children — aged 1 and 3 — are safe and in the care of family members.

http://www.news.com.au/national/sou...d/news-story/b7f1a79bc003f541f5a62af35222cd2f

The children were at the property at the time but not hurt and then they were driven away afterwards by "family members" in a white station wagon.

The only information I can find on "him" is that he has 1,500 points in an australia wide archery competition (927th) in the "recurve" division..i have no idea what recurve is.

Timeline:

August 8, 3.20pm: Tanja Ebert was shown on CCTV being at the SA Museum with her husband, Michael Burdon, and their two children, aged three and one.

August 8, 7pm: Police say the family stopped at a BP service station on Main North Rd, Roseworthy, where Mr Burdon bought drinks for his family.
Shortly after, about 1.5km north of the service station, Mr Burdon told police that Ms Ebert “became agitated” and got out of the car before walking off, and he continued driving to the family farm, Oulnina Park Station, near Mannahill, with their boys.

August 10, 10.30am: An unnamed relative rings police to report Ms Ebert’s disappearance.

August 13: Police release two photos of Ms Ebert asking for help from the public for any relevant information on
her disappearance.

Wednesday, 11am: Police launched a ground and air search near the Roseworthy wheat silos where Ms Ebert was said to have left the family car. Nothing of significance was found. At the same time, detectives searched the couple’s property, which is 65km east of Yunta.

2.40pm: Major Crime officer-in-charge Detective Superintendent Des Bray conducts a media conference in Adelaide.

3.03pm: Paramedics called to Oulnina Park amid reports a 41-year-old man had suffered self-inflicted gunshot wounds while police were present at the property. While authorities would not identify the shooter, it is Mr Burdon. No one else was hurt.

4:50pm: Police announce Commissioner’s inquiry has been launched into the “death in custody’’ after Mr Burdon’s fatal shooting.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...r/news-story/3edc372910f0b8d5bee598ff6bd20e48

Oh my Lord. Didn't see that one coming! I'm shocked. Such a horrible tragedy. Speechless.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

It looks like it is a 3 hour drive from Roseworthy to Yunta. It is a wide area to search and hopefully they find Tanja. Very sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back