Found Deceased NJ - Mark Schlegel, 57, Oradell, 13 Aug 2017

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
Police in Bergen County, New Jersey were searching Tuesday for a man who has not been seen since Sunday afternoon.

Mark Schlegel, 57, was last seen walking from his home in Oradell around 3:30 p.m. Sunday, police said.

Schlegel was last seen wearing a light-colored polo shirt, light-colored shorts, and boat shoes when he vanished, police said.

He was also carrying a small gift bag.
BBM

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/08/15/oradell-missing-man/amp/

eddafc70eeb96dc59c23328971a147af.jpg

He'd just returned from a trip to Scotland. Carrying only a gift bag suggests he had a gift inside for one of his neighbors. Why would he carry a wallet or phone to deliver a gift? Best look close to home.

https://www.google.com/amp/deadline...ing-new-jersey-police-worried-1202150754/amp/

He's a married talent agent with two adult children. No known mental or physical illnesses.

The article said he was headed to a location 3 blocks away. That's pretty specific, so I am guessing he must have had a conversation with someone before he disappeared and that's what he told them.

I agree with looking close to home. Hope he is found safe soon.

The police say the facts are very strange and odd. There's something we are not privy to - there always is.

I live in the area. He walked three blocks TOWARDS a main road that has buses to NYC. Doesn't mean he was going to a neighbor's house. He could've been going to a bus and in the gift bag there could have been something for suicide. I think he either committed suicide somewhere OR he has early stages of Alzheimer's. <modsnip> There is of course the notion that he walked away from his life but I do not think so.

This guy is talent agent for CornerStone Talent Agency in Manhattan and some of his clients are asking his fans for help.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

I live in the area. He walked three blocks TOWARDS a main road that has buses to NYC. Doesn't mean he was going to a neighbor's house. He could've been going to a bus and in the gift bag there could have been something for suicide. I think he either committed suicide somewhere OR he has early stages of Alzheimer's. <modsnip> There is of course the notion that he walked away from his life but I do not think so.

I'm worried it suicide as well. Just bc authorities say he doesn't have any mental or physical disabilities doesn't mean he doesn't. It just means they don't know of any or aren't sharing with th public. Also him just returning from an overseas vacation with his wife and having a good job in the city doesn't mean his life is picture perfect. Given the neighborhood, foul play is probably the least likely scenario IMO right now.

I'm worried it suicide as well. Just bc authorities say he doesn't have any mental or physical disabilities doesn't mean he doesn't. It just means they don't know of any or aren't sharing with th public. Also him just returning from an overseas vacation with his wife and having a good job in the city doesn't mean his life is picture perfect. Given the neighborhood, foul play is probably the least likely scenario IMO right now.

I agree although it's not an impossibility. This case is very local to me and Oradell is a pretty affluent area I pass it everyday on my way to work. It runs right off route 17 which is a major hub for everyone from Bergen County NJ & Rockland County NY to commute into Manhattan whether it's by car, bus, or train (either from their towns or to drive to Secaucus Junction and take the train into Manhattan from there).

Being right near such a major major highway can also mean a major travel hub for criminals. Trafficking drugs into/out of Manhattan and the five boroughs as well a state Paterson and Newark NJ. It doesn't seem like someone from his town committed a crime against him, but that doesn't mean that there aren't criminals that travel into these neighborhoods to commit crimes like burglary and such.

I imagine Mark did pretty well for himself and his family to live in such a nice area. But as you said that doesn't always indicate a perfect life.

I hope that he's found quickly! Where are you Mark?!

This is the third case of an adult male missing leaving personal belongings behind and vanishing without a trace. What is going on?

Attachments

• 20882375_1715907615382076_8410166574358698974_n.png
    20882375_1715907615382076_8410166574358698974_n.png
    723.3 KB · Views: 757
The most recent article I read said he would normally have 10 bus passes for the work week and 2 were missing. Also that a police k-9 tracked him to the bus stop he took to work everyday.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Having followed a bunch of these cases my feeling is this is adventurism.

Having followed a bunch of these cases my feeling is this is adventurism.

But the day after he returned from an overseas trip? Seems like weird timing.

What if he had a mistress in the area (why did he have a gift bag?) that he went to visit and she was mad at him for taking the trip?

So many scenarios of what could actually have happened!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Sounds like he took off. Perhaps the gift bag has cash in it. Someone said he possible had $60 cash on him. Why would you leave without phone, wallet or ID but make sure you have cash with you? Also, the person above said two bus passes were missing. All signs point to a voluntary disappearance

The two bus passes missing however indicate an intention for "round trip" activity. I live in the area and frequent that bus a lot actually. Now he could've taken two with him to throw people off and once at port authority he could've taken a bus anywhere. Something is way off here

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27
Back