836 users online (147 members and 689 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gregjrichards View Post
    Thank you for the news updates CARIIS and everyone. Terrible tragedy I'm so sick of these idiots attacking and achieving nothing but misery. May the victims Rest In Peace and the injured recover.
    Hi

It never ends

skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.

Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

Metro closed

driver fled

saying they are in a bar

sky news

skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.

Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

Quote Originally Posted by skibaboo View Post
    https://twitter.com/LauraLoomer

Video here of the aftermath. I am not posting it *WARNING* as it is very graphic.
    Angry look at people just passing by --

Quote Originally Posted by K_Z View Post
    I was in Barcelona a few months ago. Beautiful city, quite liberal politically (they have recently outlawed bull fighting, as an example, contrary to the rest of Spain, and are in the process of renovating the Barcelona bull ring into a shopping mall.)

Most from Barcelona indentify first and foremost as Catalunyans (Catalonia), even before being Spanish or from Barcelona. Catalonia flags are everywhere, from balconies, stores, etc.

They have been very welcoming to Syrian and middle east refugees, and there are lettered signs and demonstrations to that end. There is a sizable muslim immigrant poplulation.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39017265

I know it isn't good to jump to conclusions so early in a tragedy, but sadly, my impression is that this will end up being a gruesome terror attack. All the signs are pointing to this, IMO.
    At 13 they took us over to Europe. Spain was on one stop. We went to the bullfight -- I thought it was red cape and they run around.

I had no idea about the knives and stuff. I was not OK it was horrible and I did not watch much

it was horrible I hoped the bull would kill the human!

I am trying to find local news outlet in english anyone??

Hi my Trigger how are ya!!

Near the country's largest super store

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Barcelona: Van attack leaves dead, injured

Associated Press Published 11:49 a.m. ET Aug. 17, 2017 | Updated 11:49 a.m. ET Aug. 17, 2017

Barcelona, Spain — Police in Spain have confirmed there are fatalities after a van slammed into pedestrians in Barcelona’s historic Las Ramblas district.

Catalan police tweeted that “there are mortal victims and injured from the crash” without specifying numbers. The Barcelona-based La Vanguardia newspaper is reporting at least one dead and 20 injured.

A van jumped the sidewalk in Barcelona’s iconic Las Ramblas area, slamming into pedestrians. At least five were seen lying on the ground on the popular tourist street...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...rea/104682700/

They are saying no shots fired -- wordage is starting to sound like more than 2 dead -- that is only my take on the way its is being framed .

Shelter in place

They are saying the hostage situation is in another area

Catherine Herridge, Chief Intelligence correspondent, Fox News Live:

- Van was rented

Fox reporting now:

3 people killed

at least 20 injured

Barcelona van crash: At least thirteen dead in terror attack after van ploughs into crowd of pedestrians in Las Ramblas

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/barcelona-...152356629.html

At least thirteen people are confirmed dead and dozens more injured after a van ploughed into a crowd of people in the centre of Barcelona in a suspected terror attack.

Local media reports have said two armed men have fled on foot to a nearby restaurant where a hostage situation is currently developing. Other reports have said just one attacker has taken refuge in the bar.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouBelle_LA View Post
    Barcelona van crash: At least thirteen dead in terror attack after van ploughs into crowd of pedestrians in Las Ramblas

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/barcelona-...152356629.html
    OH my

Spain's major newspaper calls this a terrorist attack.

Which is what everybody is thinking anyway.

elPais
    https://elpais.com/ccaa/2017/08/17/c...85_564462.html

A van has hit several people this afternoon at La Rambla in Barcelona in what police are already treating as a terrorist attack. There are about twenty wounded and several dead and security forces try to locate the perpetrators. The center of the city is now cordoned off and the downtown buidlingss have been evacuated.

BBM

Police are searching for a second van, a white Fiat with registration 7082 JWD
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity ~ Hanlon's Razor

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast