678 users online (103 members and 575 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

FL - Bodies of two college students found in Ocala National Forest

Anyone hear anything else about this?

http://www.local6.com/news/5912754/detail.html

Authorities in Marion County, Fla., are investigating the discovery of two bodies found in the Ocala National Forest Saturday, according to Local 6 News.

Deputies said they received a report that a family was searching for a missing girl who was believed to be hiking in the Ocala National Forest.

A girl's body and another body were discovered off Highway 19 Saturday.

It was not reported how the pair died.

There was also no confirmation that one of the bodies was the missing girl.

And they don't even list the name of the missing girl, or her age.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Victims Identified

http://www.ocala.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...68/1001/news01

A family's search for a missing daughter ended Saturday, when they discovered her body and that of her companion at a remote campsite in the Ocala National Forest.

Edit by Amraann for copyright.
    Last edited by Amraann; 01-09-2006 at 06:21 PM.

2 students slain at campsite

Two college students were found shot to death Saturday morning at a remote campsite in the Ocala National Forest, the Marion County Sheriff's Office said.

Amber Marie Peck and John Parker, both 26 and of Gainesville, had been missing since Wednesday after failing to return from a backpacking and camping trip in the forest, authorities said.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...home-headlines
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

It's scary and amazing that you can't answer your door, go to the mall alone or go camping without worrying about being murdered.

"In my 34 years with the sheriff's office, probably one of the most inaccessible crime scenes Iíve ever seen," said Capt. Dennis Strow, Marion County Sheriff's Office.

Deputies said the murder scene is more than two miles off the nearest dirt road, in an area restricted to motorized vehicles and cut off by water that, at times, is waist deep. Itís a crime scene so remote that the medical examiner used a helicopter to fly the bodies out and evidence so difficult to gather, the investigation took seemingly forever to get underway.

"That's what makes this case difficult, because until you start narrowing some of this stuff down, it's kinda hard to come up with a motive," Strow said.

The pair had left their homes near Gainesville on Tuesday on an overnight camping trip. But, by Friday, when they hadn't returned, roommates filed a missing persons report.

By the weekend, with the search focusing on the Juniper Prairie Wilderness Area in the Ocala National Forest, it was family members who made the devastating discovery at their campsite.
    http://www.wftv.com/news/5946390/detail.html

I'm thinking a greenie, outraged by someone camping in the almost pristine forest.
    Maybe they cut wood, or did something else that disturbed the guy and he decided to put a stop to it.

5,000 reward offer in slayings...

http://www.local6.com/news/5945253/detail.html

Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    I'm thinking a greenie, outraged by someone camping in the almost pristine forest.

That was my first thought, too. But then it could have been 'rainbow people' or someone mistaking them for 'rainbow people'. The Rainbows used to camp out in the ONF every year, during winter time, and were mostly disliked by area residents.

Or, could have been a hunting accident, gone from bad to worse. Although local police seem to reject that idea.

Here's the latest I found in print:
    http://www.ocala.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...48/1001/news01

It certainly is a shame that you can't even go camping, without risking your life. During New Year's in 1981, my sister-in-law's best friend and her husband were murdered in a similar incident, while camping in the Everglades.

Rainbow people?!! OMG....we are close to a college town here and I have encountered some of them. All in all, most are harmless but there are some real headcases too. Also, when I worked for the coroner here and there was a suspicious death of a man in their company, they were so difficult. They (some) have hidden fugitives and let them live among them and their children. When I say them and they, etc., I mean the ones I encountered and I definitely don't mean ALL. I mean, I don't care that they grow and smoke their own pot as long as they don't provide children with it and actually most of LE here didn't care either...we were just trying to get the facts in a death, which ended up being an accidental drowning but sheesh getting that info was like pulling teeth. We encountered so many roadblocks and false information that they began threatening arrests.

I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours.

What the heck are rainbow people? I've never heard of them.

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    What the heck are rainbow people? I've never heard of them.

hmmm ... first thing that comes to mind, kinda like hippie throw backs from the sixties.

Steve Huff is posting about the murders and he has posted exterpts of Amber's myspace.com acct.
    http://huffcrimeblog.com/

Here's the article from yesterday's Gainesville Sun. It's a bit more detailed than most I've seen so far. Nice pix of John, and Amber too.

They have a suspect

http://www.sptimes.com/2006/01/11/St...laying_o.shtml

Police arrested 19-year-old Leo Lansing Boatman of Largo, Fla., who allegedly shot Amber Peck and John Parker, both 26, with an AK-47 assault rifle while camping in the Ocala National Forest last week, police announced at a press conference Tuesday night.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast