Identified! NY - Bronx, Female remains in shopping cart, Aug'17 - Nivela Hassan *arrest*

madamx

Reaction score
This is the first time I have started a thread for an unidentified person.. I hope I am doing this correctly.. If not Please someone let me know thank you.

http://abc7ny.com/human-remains-found-inside-shopping-cart-in-the-bronx/2316219/

TREMONT, Bronx (WABC) --

Police are investigating after human remains were found in a shopping cart in the Bronx Wednesday night August 16, 2017.

The remains of a man were found stuffed in a garbage bag in the cart that was on the sidewalk.

The discovery was made around 9 p.m. on East 182nd Street between Jerome Avenue and Walton Avenue in the Tremont section.

Manuel Baker was hoping to make a quick buck when he saw the cart and thought he could sell it to buy dinner. Instead, he and a friend made a gruesome find.

"I said, 'You playing, you playing, stop it, man,'" he said. "So I go to the bag, and I see the ear myself."

The medical examiner will determine the cause of death. There is no word on the victim's identity, but he is described as a black or Hispanic in his late teens or early 20s.

the link below has a video of the cart and also has the security video where you see 2 people bringing the cart to the location it was abandoned

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Human-Remains-Trash-Bag-Shopping-Cart-Bronx-440851463.html

"He right away said, 'That is a body. That's a body,'" Vega recalled Frazier telling him. "I said it's not a body, it's a bunch of meat they threw away, and vegetables."*
They started opening the plastic bags.*
"When he ripped the last one open, we saw the black hair, and when we saw the black hair, that's when I started believing this is a body, he isn't going crazy," said Vega.*

Police originally said the remains found Wednesday night belonged to a young man, but on Friday morning said the head was identified as a 27-year-old woman. Her name hasn't been made public.

Darryl Orr, 57, of the Bronx, is charged with concealment of a human corpse, according to police. After executing a search warrant, he was additionally charged with criminal possession of controlled substance, criminal use of paraphernalia and criminal sale of a controlled substance.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Human-Head-Found-Box-Trash-Bag-Shopping-Cart-Bronx-Darryl-Orr-Woman-Identified-Arrested-440986193.html

they said the body wasn't dismembered but keep referring to the head?

they said the body wasn't dismembered but keep referring to the head?

It sounds like maybe the body was folded into the box but the head was sticking out, maybe? I agree, it's weird.

But I'm glad she's been identified so quickly. Rest in peace.

It sounds like maybe the body was folded into the box but the head was sticking out, maybe? I agree, it's weird.

But I'm glad she's been identified so quickly. Rest in peace.

yes I had been confused since the beginning about the head too!

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...dy-shopping-cart-bronx-shop-article-1.3422584

She was Identified.

Police have arrested a 57-year-old man they say left a woman’s rotting remains in a shopping cart on a Bronx street, officials said Friday.

Investigators nabbed Darryl Orr after recovering surveillance footage that showed him leaving the cart on Walton Ave. near E. 182nd St. in University Heights. Orr is charged with concealment of a human corpse.

The dead 27-year-old woman, identified by police sources as Nivela Hassan, was stuffed into a cardboard box and placed in a folding shopping cart. The box was covered with a plastic garbage bag, cops said.

Two men found Hassan’s decomposing corpse about 8:45 p.m. Wednesday as they rooted through the cart looking for bottles to recycle.

Cops initially believed the victim was a man. Hassan’s last known address is in Massachusetts but she has been staying on the city streets for the last few years, police sources said.
Orr told police he met Hassan early Tuesday morning and invited her to his apartment.
After a short stay, she fell asleep on Orr’s bed. A few hours later, he realized that she had died, possibly of a drug overdose, sources said.

Orr told investigators that Hassan had snorted heroin before they went into his apartment and the two had smoked marijuana and drank together.

He also confessed to disposing Hassan’s body about three blocks from his home on Walton Ave. near E. 182nd St. next to some recyclables about 10:20 p.m. Tuesday.
After Orr left, a building super saw the cart, realized it didn’t belong to her building and rolled it around the corner next to a tree outside a local bodega.
Hassan’s body was discovered a day later after residents complained of a foul odor. An initial autopsy Thursday was inconclusive. The city Medical Examiner will perform additional testing, including toxicology tests, to determine how she died.
Orr was also hit with drug possession and narcotics sale charges after cops found heroin and marijuana in his apartment, which is about three blocks away from the bodega where the body was found.
Police sources described Orr as a major borough drug trafficker who was the subject of a long-term investigation.
Orr was ordered held after his arraignment in Bronx Criminal Court Friday

How sad. I believe he was her connect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member