Found Deceased Spain - Julian Cadman, 7, Barcelona, 17 Aug 2017

Giucy

Former Member
Reaction score
Julian,7, Australian citizen, went missing during the La Remblas attack in Barcellona, Spain on Aug 17th 2017.
Her mother is currently hospitalized in serious but stable conditions.

Source: Spanish association for missing people SOS Desaparecidos, SOS Missing.

[video=twitter;898499453186953216]https://twitter.com/sosdesaparecido/status/898499453186953216[/video]

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/plea-to-find-missing-aussie-boy-in-spain/ar-AAqiPuD
Family and friends of a seven-year-old Australian boy missing after the Barcelona terror attack are pleading with people worldwide on social media to help find him.

Julian Cadman became separated from his seriously injured mother Jom in the terrorist attack on Friday.

The mother and son from Sydney were in Spain for a wedding this weekend.

Ms Cadman's father-in-law, Tony Cadman, says she is in a serious but stable condition in hospital, but his grandson is missing.

Mr Cadman is understood to be British, and Julian may have dual citizenship by descent, according to media reports.

attachment.php

Picture of Julian was taken just hours before the attack
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4268968/barcelona-attack-victims-julian-cadman-terror-van-las-ramblas/
His family’s concern heightened as video footage appeared to show a boy of Julian’s age lying motionless after the IS-inspired rampage.

Gran Norma Canaveral, 66, said the family was praying for good news about their “really sweet boy”. She said: “We are just so worried. I am just waiting for news, hoping for good news.”
But British-born Julian, who went to a Kent nursery before moving to Australia aged three, was still missing last night.

Attachments

• nintchdbpict000346515513.jpg
    nintchdbpict000346515513.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 407
I am praying mightily for this dear family....that Julian will be found unhurt and reunited with them, that his mother will heal and that the bride and groom-to-be are able to enjoy what should be one of the most special times in their lives.

I've read Julian's dad is on his way to Barcelona from Australia I would anticipate there won't be any news till he has arrived and is reunited with his mum. Like all of you I hope and pray with all my heart I'm wrong and and Julian is still alive.

If Julian is entrusted to the local Social Services or at hospital, identity checks can be long.
Not because Social Services are child snatchers, but because LE has so much work that checking identity can take some time.

After Paris attacks in November 2016, it took 2 weeks to account for all patients hospitalized as JDoes.

His face is just heartbreaking to look at. What a sweetheart. I am pretty certain this is the boy that they tried to resuscitate at the scene. :candle:

There were so many children his age that you can't be sure.

Better wait for more news. The situation is so chaotic that accounting for all the victims is a Herculean task.
IMO, he is either at hospital injured as a JDoe, or he is entrusted to the Social Services there. But again, too early to tell

oh no!

His face is just heartbreaking to look at. What a sweetheart. I am pretty certain this is the boy that they tried to resuscitate at the scene. :candle:

There were so many children his age that you can't be sure.

Better wait for more news. The situation is so chaotic that accounting for all the victims is a Herculean task.
IMO, he is either at hospital injured as a JDoe, or he is entrusted to the Social Services there. But again, too early to tell

A male nurse reported that he tried giving cpr to a young boy but he died. Are there any young boys on the list of deceased victims?

ETA: I just saw that a 3 yr old boy was listed as a victim. :rose: Maybe that was the boy the nurse tried to save?

A male nurse reported that he tried giving cpr to a young boy but he died. Are there any young boys on the list of deceased victims?
Actually, there were plenty of young boys. There was an Italian young boy with very similar characteristics who died. There were other victims. Currently, we still don't have all the list.

ETA: I just saw that a 3 yr old boy was listed as a victim. :rose: Maybe that was the boy the nurse tried to save?
Too early to tell in the middle of the chaos.

Following the case with SOS Desaparecidos Twitter account. Will post as soon as they know.

I am 100 percent certain he is the child shown in one of the graphic videos taken that afternoon. Screengrabs on Twitter show that poor child wearing the same clothes Julian was wearing, and there is a clear shot of the hat he was wearing, same distinct pattern. [emoji52][emoji52][emoji52] Today I saw a head on view of him and I'm just not sure he made it. I am praying he did and that he is lying in hospital waiting to be officially identified. Perhaps authorities are waiting for his fathers arrival for him to officially identify Julian. It is absolutely heartbreaking, I cannot imagine the pain his parents are feeling.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

His grandfather's 'missing' post has been taken down from FB

His grandfather's 'missing' post has been taken down from FB

Is that a good or bad sign?

I think it's unlikely he is among the 13 deceased. His face and his mother's condition are all over the news. Surely the people working on identifying the deceased would have heard and contacted his mother.

I would say that we must wait for more news.

In most EU countries as France or Spain, when a child is separated from his parents and his identity is unknown, the child is given an assumed name pending further findings by the Registrar Officer while he is entrusted by a guardian or Social Services, under Juvenile Court's oversight.
Even if the child's circumstances are all over the news, there are other missing children from the attacks.
So, if the child is living, he is probably under an assumed named and treated as a John Doe pending further checks about his identity. It can take a few days for checking accurately his identity : it's not enough that he is recognized from a photo in the news, we must have accurate material evidence of alleged identity.
With so many victims in the attacks, it takes time for LE to check all victims identities even when they are informed by Social Services about unidentified children in care because of the attack.
In France, it really took two weeks after the Bataclan attacks to identify all unidentified hospitalized victims. I doubt that LE can go quicker than the music !!

If he is dead, even if he is positively identified by the family, DNA testing can also take a few days.
Family might recognize the body while the DNA check says that the body is not of family member, and vice-versa.
And the photo of said child is too blurry for accurate identification. Especially because it's obvious that said child is from behind on the photo. Think also that the child didn't carry official identification on his person.

So, we won't know before more official news.

His missing poster is still available on SOS Desaparecidos twitter feed. Means that said child has not been located yet with certainty. Otherwise, the family and/or LE/foreign government would had released a statement.
When a missing person is located with all certainty, SOS Desaparecidos recovers the photo with a sign stating "Located safe" or "Located deceased, RIP".

Unless and until more news, we shall refrain from rumors and speculations. Such attacks are a real chaos, so getting accurate info about missing persons in such circumstances is more difficult because material elements are very difficult to find.

[video=twitter;898874281140129793]https://twitter.com/sosdesaparecido/status/898874281140129793[/video]

SOS Desaparecidos is waiting for a family's statement before deactivating the poster.

Even if LE and govs accurately say that he is found alive.
Govs as a plural because he has both UK and Australian citizenships.

:confetti::balloons::up::sunshine: The happiest outcome the hardest daring to hope in such circumstances.

Filled with flooding joy for this child and his family. He was kept safe at hospital, getting the care he needs (no matter why he needs such care).

Because even without serious physical injuries, such attacks trigger serious psychological injuries to the point of hospitalization.

While a child is hospitalized as a JDoe, Social Services retain parental responsibility under Juvenile Court's oversight.

As soon as child is identified and at least a parent is found, Social Services handoff their parental rights to the actual parents.
With Juvie Court's oversight.

Yes!! Best news ever, so glad for his family!
Right on, Giucy!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back