FL - Mark Brann, 67, brutally murdered in his Key West home, 14 Aug 2017 *Arrest*

0101ABA

Former Member
Reaction score
Key West man stabbed in both eyes, beaten in domestic attack dies

Mark Brann, 67, suffered severe head injuries during what police called “a brutal domestic-related attack,” and was airlifted to Ryder Trauma Center in Miami.

Justin Tyler Calhoun, 24, listed in jail records as a female and homeless who works as a stripper in Tampa, was arrested for attempted second-degree murder after admitting to the attack, police spokeswoman Alyson Crean said.

(..,)

Early Monday, Calhoun said they got into an argument after Calhoun accused Brann of being a “cannibal,” which angered Brann, according to reports.

Calhoun told police Brann grabbed a gun that was on the bed on which the two were lying. Calhoun grabbed Brann’s wrist and the gun went off during a struggle, according to the account Calhoun gave the detective. No one was shot, police said. Calhoun then racked the pistol planning to shoot Brann with it, but the firearm jammed.

Calhoun retaliated by stabbing Brann in both eyes with a pen, according to reports.

“Calhoun then inserted a piece of broken wood into Brann’s mouth, stood up, and then stomped on the piece of wood to lodge it further down into Brann’s throat,” according to the arrest affidavit, which quotes Calhoun as saying she wanted to silence Brann.

Thats quite bizarre. I'd say drugs are bad mmmkay. Jmo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

What in all that is holy is this!??
Oh, my goodness. That is a violent person I think! I have no words!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I wonder if LE tested JTC for meth ("Tina")?
Also, what's up with calling the victim a "cannibal"? Strange, eh?

I wonder if LE tested JTC for meth ("Tina")?
Also, what's up with calling the victim a "cannibal"? Strange, eh?
also strange to just have a gun at the ready on the bed you're lying on with another person..

also strange to just have a gun at the ready on the bed you're lying on with another person..
And either two ink pens at the ready or she took the time to stab twice! I am completely in disbelief over this story. That is vile!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

So this was a male stripper.. and here are more insane details:
http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/...n-Both-Eyes-in-Key-West-Police-440556063.html

"Calhoun said he and Brann had been in a sexual relationship and he often stayed at Brann's home."

"he then grabbed a drawer from the broken dresser and hit Brann with it in his head and throat"

"Brann's roommate tried to get into the room but Calhoun locked the door then jumped out of the bedroom window while nude"

"he avoided Key West Police for several hours by jumping fences and climbing on roof tops"

He was naked jumping from rooftop to rooftop. I swear getting into a fight with your boyfriend over being a cannibal and killing him!! Has to be a sign the end of the world is near. Jesus Christ.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

It has to be drugs or mental illness....maybe both. Horrible!

One thing they haven't told us is whether Brann has been left blind by the eye injuries. It would be tough adjusting to blindness at his age. We don't even know is he is going to survive yet.
Although after reading the whole article it seems as though they both had 'problems' of one type or another..!!!!!!!!!!!

One thing they haven't told us is whether Brann has been left blind by the eye injuries. It would be tough adjusting to blindness at his age. We don't even know is he is going to survive yet.
Although after reading the whole article it seems as though they both had 'problems' of one type or another..!!!!!!!!!!!
I thought Brann died? title of the thread says murdered..

Grand jury to hear stabbing case
A grand jury this month will mull what murder charge, if any, should be sought against a 24-year-old transgendered woman accused of stabbing a Key West business man in the eyes and beating him to death in August.

Justin Tyler Calhoun, formerly of Tampa, is currently charged with second-degree murder in the death of Mark Brann, 67, owner of A&M Rentals Key West, died Aug. 15, at Ryder Trauma Center in Miami.

A charge of first-degree murder requires a grand jury’s indictment by law.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back