GUILTY IA - Avery McCoy, 17 mos, Homicide Victim, Riverside, 9 Nov 2016 *Arrests*

Whiskers16

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
"The Washington county medical examiner ruled her death was a homicide."

"He said the exact cause was undetermined, but malnutrition and neglect were factors."

"prosecutors have not yet filed charges."

"Avery's parents, Anthony McCoy and Ambrashia Chrzan, have 11 other children. One brother died before Avery."

photo below is snipped from article.

http://www.kcrg.com/content/news/17-month-olds-death-ruled-a-homicide-440964943.html
f6706918e6a3e20f28ee74801a725b9f.jpg

another child tortured to death
she looks malnourished in that photo
13 kids!!! who is supporting all those children?!

Sweet face, rest easy lil one, I'm sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picture from prior linked article.

Additional details in this article:
http://www.kcrg.com/content/news/I9...-Washington-County-babys-death-451954103.html

31 May 2015 - newborn, 3 lbs
June 2015 - placed in foster care
Dec 2015 - 7 months old, 14 lbs, thriving
Jan 2016 (approx) - Returned to parents care
Sept 2016 - 16 months old, 15 lbs
09 Nov 2016 - 17 months old, 11 lbs, passed away

The child's doctor arranged follow up appointments but the parents allegedly did not show up for them.
fa132a8e96d743886f45f772644289f5.jpg

Per Iowa court records

AM:
Case #:08921 FECR006453
Count 01 Charge
Charge:726.6(4)
Description:CHILD ENDANGERMENT - DEATH
BOND $200,000 CASH ONLY PRELIMINARY HEARING 10/27/2017 11:00AM
STATE PUBLIC DEFFENDERS OFFICE COURT APPT.

AC:
Case #:08921 FECR006454
Count 01 Charge
Charge:726.6(4)
Description:CHILD ENDANGERMENT - DEATH
BOND $200,000 CASH ONLY PRELIMINARY HEARING 10/27/2017 11:00AM
STATE PUBLIC DEFFENDERS OFFICE COURT APPT.

I have yet to find any further information available regarding the other 11 children. If anyone else locates further details please update this thread.

Here is the formal criminal complaint.

Attachments

• Amber Criminal Complaint.pdf
    193.2 KB · Views: 22
Poor sweet baby. So many people should have done better for you, Avery. RIP.

I did notice in the obituary that one of her Avery's brothers <modsnip> is listed as having 'preceded' her in death. Curious about that.

Also curious over why it took so long for LE to make this determination. I hope the kids were removed in November to protect them.

Welcome Dhec44! I'm still newish here myself but all information posted is required to have a main stream media link or law enforcement link to back it up, unless you become a verified insider on the case due to your personal connection to this case. Just something to be aware of, as mods might delete info that doesn't meet the TOS. We try to avoid 'rumors' here, so information needs to have a verified source!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...n-Process-for-Professional-or-Insider-Posters

I can't help but think that the foster parents who had her for such a long time, and in whose care she was "thriving" must be devastated. I hope she knew kindness and love from them, because she clearly didn't from her parents.

The other children were removed in November. This is just conjecture but I suspect that it took so long because 1. They wanted to be sure they got their facts straight, 2. Because Iowa DHS is under a ton of pressure right now because of similar deaths of children who had DHS involved and 3. Because it was only in July that the press started putting pressure on the authorities (this is evident from the newspaper articles). Although the autopsy was done the day after Avery's death in November 2016, the final report (according to news accounts) was not published until June or July of 2017. I think the medical examiner's office is very backed up with cases and since the children were safe in foster care, they probably saw no urgency?

Welcome Dhec44! I'm still newish here myself but all information posted is required to have a main stream media link or law enforcement link to back it up, unless you become a verified insider on the case due to your personal connection to this case. Just something to be aware of, as mods might delete info that doesn't meet the TOS. We try to avoid 'rumors' here, so information needs to have a verified source!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...n-Process-for-Professional-or-Insider-Posters

Do you know how you become a verified insider?

Do you know how you become a verified insider?

We'd welcome any information you are able to provide in such horrific circumstances. Here's the link to become verified as an insider and your identity is kept confidential. Hope to hear more details as you are able to provide them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drury Lane
Back