711 users online (105 members and 606 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    5,188

    French Senator claims we need to learn to live with recurring terror attacks

    "Terrorist attacks using vehicles such as in Barcelona are 'becoming a new reality for Europeans' according to experts.

    Nathalie Goulet, a French senator said: 'Someone who gets in their car and crashes into a crowd, unfortunately we need to learn to live with that and every citizen must remain vigilant.'

    The latest attacks in Barcelona and the seaside resort of Cambrils on Thursday has left at least 14 dead and 100 injured.

    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4qAWq9ciz

    After 16 attacks in Europe in the last two years which have killed 364 innocent men, women and children I say enough is enough it is time to get tough. We do not need to get used to it. We should never get used to it. Countries need to do everything possible to keep people safe not enough is currently being done.

    Spain's failure to put road blocks up which would have stopped the latest attack in Barcelona which they were warned could happen over a year in advance is absolutely disgraceful.

    How much more distress and candlelight vigils do we need to have before substantial preventative measures are taken to protect the innocent? I am deeply concerned that this is going to be it for the rest of everyone's lives terrorist attack after terrorist attack around the globe but mostly in Europe. With thousands of innocent men, women and children lying murdered in the streets over the years. So no French Senator we do not need to get used to it nor should we have to.

    Sorry for ranting but I am absolutely furious about the lack of action being taken to at least try and prevent terrorist attacks it's like the governments aren't interested.

    This graphic shows all the terrorist attacks in Europe over the last two years it is horrific to see.

    IMG_0133.JPG
    Last edited by gregjrichards; 08-19-2017 at 12:15 AM.
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

    Merry Christmas to all Websleuths staff, members and guests.

  2. #2
    Wow! So we just have to deal with it? Not cool.
    EVERYTHING I POST IS EITHER MY OPINION, MY EXPERIENCE OR MY BELIEF. MOOYAH

  3. #3
    I do agree we need more barriers but at what point will we just be holed up in our homes afraid to go anywhere? I've pretty much crossed my bucket list of going over the pond off my list. I have no desire to go there now and I hate that. I don't want to be scared Nancy but that's where I'm at now.
    EVERYTHING I POST IS EITHER MY OPINION, MY EXPERIENCE OR MY BELIEF. MOOYAH

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    3,749
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKAYOYO View Post
    I do agree we need more barriers but at what point will we just be holed up in our homes afraid to go anywhere? I've pretty much crossed my bucket list of going over the pond off my list. I have no desire to go there now and I hate that. I don't want to be scared Nancy but that's where I'm at now.
    You have much more chance of being murdered in the US, than by a terrorist in Europe. Look at some stats re killing in both areas.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    569
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer17 View Post
    You have much more chance of being murdered in the US, than by a terrorist in Europe. Look at some stats re killing in both areas.
    Much more. It's strange to me when people think the US is safer..

    There's not much that people can do but live with it right now. More needs to be done but it's a difficult one.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahlou View Post
    Much more. It's strange to me when people think the US is safer..

    There's not much that people can do but live with it right now. More needs to be done but it's a difficult one.
    I'll take my chances in a rural area of my USA over the hotbed of terror that is Europe. And no not much can be done because the terrorists already have made their beds over there.
    EVERYTHING I POST IS EITHER MY OPINION, MY EXPERIENCE OR MY BELIEF. MOOYAH

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKAYOYO View Post
    I'll take my chances in a rural area of my USA over the hotbed of terror that is Europe. And no not much can be done because the terrorists already have made their beds over there.
    And speaking of beds it's after 3 Here so I'm going to bed with hopes I don't wake up to another travesty across the pond.
    EVERYTHING I POST IS EITHER MY OPINION, MY EXPERIENCE OR MY BELIEF. MOOYAH

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    France
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKAYOYO View Post
    I'll take my chances in a rural area of my USA over the hotbed of terror that is Europe. And no not much can be done because the terrorists already have made their beds over there.
    White supremacists like in Charlottesville are much more dangerous than Islamism terrorism. Numbers don't lie.
    http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_59...b0da2c731a84df

    If you like white supremacists, better not talking to me.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    46,817
    Quote Originally Posted by Giucy View Post
    White supremacists like in Charlottesville are much more dangerous than Islamism terrorism. Numbers don't lie.
    http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_59...b0da2c731a84df

    If you like white supremacists, better not talking to me.

    Number don't lie---unless you purposely leave out the 2,900 innocents that died in NYC in 2001. That huffnpost article conveniently left that little incident out of their 'numbers.'
    ďEvery day that they donít find something is good for me.ď Billie Dunn

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    3,749
    Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    Number don't lie---unless you purposely leave out the 2,900 innocents that died in NYC in 2001. That huffnpost article conveniently left that little incident out of their 'numbers.'
    Well, wouldn't that make the US far more dangerous to life and limb than Europe? Americans are now terrified of going to Europe, but how many people were murdered in the US, yesterday? A few more than thirteen, I would say.

    Why then, are people afraid to go to Europe?


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    3,749
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKAYOYO View Post
    I'll take my chances in a rural area of my USA over the hotbed of terror that is Europe. And no not much can be done because the terrorists already have made their beds over there.
    And you would be quite safe in a rural area of Europe too.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    France
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    Number don't lie---unless you purposely leave out the 2,900 innocents that died in NYC in 2001. That huffnpost article conveniently left that little incident out of their 'numbers.'
    The study was about years 2008-2016. So, the article didn't "conveniently leave that little incident out of their numbers" because it was not in the original study to begin with.
    If you read further said article, you would find that even since the 2900 victims of 9/11, it doesn't change the ratio.

    I won't go as far as inviting you to bother reading the original studies !

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    France
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer17 View Post
    Well, wouldn't that make the US far more dangerous to life and limb than Europe? Americans are now terrified of going to Europe, but how many people were murdered in the US, yesterday? A few more than thirteen, I would say.
    http://edition.cnn.com/2015/08/27/he...ass-shootings/ will tell you better

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    5,188
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKAYOYO View Post
    Wow! So we just have to deal with it? Not cool.
    It is definitely not cool! Statements like this really anger me.


    Quote Originally Posted by MIKAYOYO View Post
    I do agree we need more barriers but at what point will we just be holed up in our homes afraid to go anywhere? I've pretty much crossed my bucket list of going over the pond off my list. I have no desire to go there now and I hate that. I don't want to be scared Nancy but that's where I'm at now.
    I'm sorry to say many places are no longer on my list to go. I would not go to London, Paris, Belgium, Germany, Spain at the moment. I've been to London, Paris and Spain and they are lovely places but it is too risky for me right now.
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

    Merry Christmas to all Websleuths staff, members and guests.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    France
    Posts
    272
    Actually, you are much less at risk for your life and limbs in Europe than in the US.
    US is the country with higher homicide rate than European countries, according to OECD : http://www.oecdbetterlifeindex.org/topics/safety/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. 100 French terror suspects have been allowed to have guns
    By gregjrichards in forum Rampage Killings and Terrorist Attacks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-06-2017, 10:11 PM
  2. Turkey - Terror attacks in 2017
    By dotr in forum Rampage Killings and Terrorist Attacks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-18-2017, 01:26 PM
  3. Attorney General's Blunt Warning on Terror Attacks
    By soyesterday in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-21-2010, 07:14 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-31-2010, 07:05 AM