949 users online (140 members and 809 guests)  

Websleuths News

Toxic Dog Food Recall - Over 100 dogs dead so far

Recall -- Firm Press Release

FDA posts press releases and other notices of recalls and market withdrawals from the firms involved as a service to consumers, the media, and other interested parties. FDA does not endorse either the product or the company.

Diamond Pet Food Recalled Due to Aflatoxin

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE -- December 20, 2005 -- Diamond Pet Food has discovered aflatoxin in a product manufactured at our facility in Gaston, South Carolina. Aflatoxin is a naturally occurring toxic chemical by-product from the growth of the fungus Aspergillus flavus, on corn and other crops.

Out of an abundance of caution, we have notified our distributors and recommended they hold the sale of all Diamond Pet Food products formulated with corn that were produced out of our Gaston facility (see complete list below). Please note that products manufactured at our facilities in Meta, Missouri and Lathrop, California are not affected. The Gaston facility date codes are unique from other Diamond facility codes in that either the eleventh or twelfth character in the date code will be a capital "G" (in reference to Gaston). The range of date codes being reviewed are "Best By 01-March-07" through Best By " 11-June-07". Diamond's quantitative analysis records substantiate that Diamond's corn shipments were definitively clear of aflatoxin after December 10. As such, "Best By 11-June-07" date codes or later are not affected by this notice.

States serviced by our Gaston facility include Alabama, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky (eastern), Main, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, West Virginia, Vermont, and Virginia.

We are rapidly analyzing retained samples of all products produced in Gaston so we can isolate specific lot numbers impacted and provide this information to our distributors, retailers and customers as quickly as possible.

Meanwhile, if your pet is showing any symptoms of illness, including sluggishness or lethargy combined with a reluctance to eat, yellowish tint to the eyes and/or gums, and severe or bloody diarrhea, please consult your veterinarian immediately.

Product quality and customer satisfaction are important to us. We pledge to keep you updated as new developments occur.

Gaston Facility Products Removed From Sale

Diamond Low Fat Dog Food
    Diamond Hi-Energy Dog Food
    Diamond Maintenance Dog Food
    Diamond Performance Dog Food
    Diamond Premium Adult Dog Food
    Diamond Puppy Food
    Diamond Maintenance Cat Food
    Diamond Professional Cat Food
    Country Value Puppy
    Country Value Adult Dog
    Country Value High Energy Dog
    Country Value Adult Cat Food
    Professional Chicken & Rice Senior Dog Food
    Professional Reduced Fat Chicken & Rice Dog Food
    Professional Adult Dog Food
    Professional Large-Breed Puppy Food
    Professional Puppy Food
    Professional Reduced Fat Cat Food
    Professional Adult Cat Food

####

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Hi DK...wow

Quote Originally Posted by JBean
    Hi DK...wow
    Hi Beanerbutt!

More info on the more than 100 deaths: http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/200601...cpetfoodrecall;

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight
    Hi Beanerbutt!

More info on the more than 100 deaths: http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/200601...petfoodrecall;
    That is so awful!

*bumping for the doggies*

Please pass this along to other pet owners, if you haven't already. The media hasn't covered it very well. Thanks!

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

OH MY... how sad... I love animals...

This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused

** bumping one more time for the doggies **

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight
    ** bumping one more time for the doggies **
    thank you for posting this.

So sad
    Poor doggies.

Prayers for the doggies who died and those that are still sick. And for the grieving owners. I don't know what I would do without mine.
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.