780 users online (116 members and 664 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TV show on the missing

i posted this in cold cases because that is where I frequent the most. However, I realise that might not have been the best place for it. So Here it is.

I was surfing the net when I came across the follwing site:

http://www.usamissing.com/

This tv show is devoted to telling the stories of missing people.
    I think its a marvalous idea and could be very helpful. Here is the problem though. I reserached it on my CBS station and to my dismay it is being shown
    at 3:07 am on saturdays!!! Yes, 3:07 in the morning. This show needs
    to be seen who is watching at this rediculous time!!! Now I do not live in the sticks somewhere. My CBS station is NYC!!! Is there away we can start a campaign to get this show moved to a time when other then insominicas someone might see it so maybe it might help bring a missing person home??
    what do you all think?

mjak

Mjak, the show is not even shown in my area as far as I can find. So I have sent an email telling them I would love to see the show, but it isn't offered in my area. Asking them how to go about getting it included in my local programing. Maybe if we create a demand for the show, we can get it promoted more.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

In Kelly's help for familiies thread she's indicated that she is a contact for getting a missing person on the show.

I am quite sure that the poor viewing times is a decision made by that station, not the show. Advertising $$$$ could play a part, too.

I tivo this show weekly. They do some long segments on a few people, but most are quick synopses of the missing. I like the show, but I am never sure when it was taped, because sometimes they show missing people who have been found already. I also get it at 3AM in the morning, hence, my reason for tivoing it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly
    I am quite sure that the poor viewing times is a decision made by that station, not the show. Advertising $$$$ could play a part, too.
    It stinks that everything always has to be about money. would it really kill a netowrk to put this show on following the 11 news once a week? Airing it at 3 in the morning really is pathetic. Surely the rich excutives at affliates of networks such as CBS and NBC could cough up a half hour of their air time before everyone is asleep to air this important show. I can think of several reality shows that I think could be switched to the 3 am air time and do us all a favor

mjak

Ours airs at 430am! It used to air at 1030pm, but it was moved.

Quote Originally Posted by dacqueri
    I tivo this show weekly. They do some long segments on a few people, but most are quick synopses of the missing. I like the show, but I am never sure when it was taped, because sometimes they show missing people who have been found already. I also get it at 3AM in the morning, hence, my reason for tivoing it!
    They will be starting production in January. They usually repeat the shows several times. Again, budgetary reasons. More advertisers would help. If we let them know someone was found, I think they can at least pull it off the website.

what can we do to get this important shows more advertisers so it can gave seen
    at a time when their are viewers to watch it??

mjak

I will send an email to the show's producer asking how we can help the show appear in more markets and air at decent time.

Kelly

Great thanks, let me know what I can do to help. Thanks Kelly.

mjak

I sent the email and will post the reply here.

not shown here either

the show is not shown in my area either.I do not watch CBS much here because I have a problem with the fact that they do not show a lot of CBS programming that is available most everywhere else.The show last night of 48 Hours was about a doe that is on thedoenetwork and someone from doenetwork.I did not get to see it because 48 Hours is not shown on our local CBS station.I have already repeatedly emailed them about several shows and I guess will add this one to them,but so far it has not helped me.

Quote Originally Posted by babydust2004
    the show is not shown in my area either.I do not watch CBS much here because I have a problem with the fact that they do not show a lot of CBS programming that is available most everywhere else.The show last night of 48 Hours was about a doe that is on thedoenetwork and someone from doenetwork.I did not get to see it because 48 Hours is not shown on our local CBS station.I have already repeatedly emailed them about several shows and I guess will add this one to them,but so far it has not helped me.
    It was the Castro Valley Jane Doe.They also showed the case of the antipue collector(I can't remember his name), who's friend and sometime housemate killed him. The housemate and his girlfriend dismembered him and took a drive.
    They took a drive and disposed of his body along the way, a little at a time- I believe it was about 400 mi. The man's skull was found in a bucket of cement. They also showed the volunteer from Doe who made that match. She is working on the Castro Valley Jane Doe.
    Shannon Melindi is to be shown next week.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

From the producer:

"Hi Kelly,

Calls and letters from viewers to the Program Director or General Manager of a station asking them to carry or to improve the time period of "Missing" can be very, very effective--the more letters, the better! Getting a local business interested in sponsoring the program is a great way to help get "Missing" on the air in a decent time period. Car dealerships are the lifeblood of local station advertising, so any connections there can be a big help. The bottom line to every Program Director is ratings, so getting as many people as possible to watch the show on a regular basis is a real help.

This is the time of year when stations are working on their schedules for next fall, so letters and petitions would be most effective over the next month or so.

Hope this is helpful. Any efforts on behalf of the show are most appreciated!

Kind regards,

Larry"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast