677 users online (103 members and 574 guests)  

Websleuths News

TX - Blanca, 49, & Diana Ponce, 19, shot to death, Odessa, 28 Dec 2005

An Odessa man who admits firing the shots that killed his pregnant wife, their unborn daughter and his mother-in-law insists the deaths were accidental.

Leo Angel Luna contends the only target in the shooting was his brother-in-law, William Ponce.

During a jailhouse interview with the Odessa American, Luna also blamed Ponce for causing the deaths.

Luna contends the shotgun fired and struck the two women as he struggled with Ponce.

Luna says the shooting was fueled by concern over the welfare of his 3-year-old son and his common-law wife, Diana Ponce. When William Ponce rebuffed those concerns, Luna said he was enraged. Luna also admits going to the home armed.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    This is a strange one. I wonder what he meant by being concerned for the welfare of his 3 year old? And he brought a weapon.

From March 2010:

A West Texas man who pleaded guilty and got life in prison without parole for killing his pregnant common-law wife and her mother in 2005 has committed suicide.

Texas Department of Criminal Justice spokeswoman Michelle Lyons said Tuesday that Leo Angel Luna was found hanging in his cell in the Connally Unit in Karnes County in southern Texas early Saturday.