1489 users online (224 members and 1265 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener1850 View Post
    Is there a thread specifically for Eunsoon Jun? I'm working on adding to the media thread and realized that the other victims have their own threads. Should I make a thread just for her?
    Yes, I would like to know more about their meeting. I believe he was working on her house? Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by 4SAM View Post
    Yes, I would like to know more about their meeting. I believe he was working on her house? Is that correct?
    I think I will make a thread for her. If Terry had not been caught when he murdered Eunsoon he might have changed his ID again and continued murdering woman and children. But I feel like I don't know much about her case.

ETA: Suggestions welcome on the best forum to put a thread for Eunsoon. She's not a "Cold Case" and "Crimes in the News" doesn't seem quite right.
    Last edited by Gardener1850; 08-22-2017 at 01:09 PM.

I have just finished pulling all the media links from thread # 2 to media thread. Need to go do some real word stuff now. I will make a thread for Eunsoon later this evening unless someone else wants to make one first.

I have just finished pulling all the media links from thread # 2 to media thread. Need to go do some real word stuff now. I will make a thread for Eunsoon later this evening unless someone else wants to make one first.
    Your dedication to this case and work is outstanding. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Suglo View Post
    Your dedication to this case and work is outstanding. Thank you.
    Thank you, but many others here have done far more work on this case. I posted the original missing thread for Denise Beaudin last year but I did not read all the updates about "Bob Evans" until around May of this year. I spent a lot of time trying to catch up after that. I really hope Denise will be found to give her back to her family and that all of Rasmussen's victims will be identified soon.

Thread for Eunsoon: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...7#post13579907

I started it with some of the more recent articles but I think it would be really interesting if we could dig up articles from 2002 after he was arrested. Maybe there are some details in those articles published before LE knew his identity that will help with the investigation today.

Thank you for the new thread :-)

So back on thread 2 we were discussing his possible links to St. Louis, MO.

They're trying piece together his movements through the years — which includes looking into his claim that he once worked as an electrician at Reece Electrical INC. in St. Louis, according to a news release from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.
    https://www.riverfronttimes.com/news...ve-in-st-louis

Can anyone find information about this business and whether it was real?

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    I have never been clear on the sequence.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    The sequence can get confusing some times and it's about to possibly become even more confusing.
    I was reading through this other time line
    from
    https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...0FM/story.html the newspaper.

Refresh my memory: what was Rasmussen's street address before he started staying with Denise? Is it thought that his previous adress is where the Bear Brook murders occurred? I haven't read much about the presumed logistics of the crime.
    Did we ever learn how the bodies were oriented within the barrels? I'm wondering whether he killed his biological daughter on some date prior to when he killed the woman and her two daughters. If his biological daughter was farther inside one of the barrels, then it would at least be plausible that she could have been there longer.

Since January, we have discussed how he got his aliases. The feeling was that he got them from people he had contact with in some capacity. That was especially possible with the CMK alias, because it was so exact and iirc, he used the birthdate of the real CMK.

After his ties to Phoenix (specifically North High) came out, I remembered the post here http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...php?p=13100168, where someone thought he might be a boy actually named Jensen who attended North High during the same time frame (1959-1960).

Just seems more and more likely to me that the aliases aren't random at all, but they may not be helpful in a straightforward way. Finding men with the same names as his aliases might well show areas where he passed through. They won't necessarily be him, though. Just a way to map movements, perhaps linking to other cases.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Also, since I can't reply to the last thread, I wanted to refer to this post http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...php?p=13576526, which suggested that 1966 was too early to have been in Vietnam. My dad was drafted in late 1966 for the explicit purpose of being sent to Vietnam, which he was in early 1967. So, civilian men were already being drafted to be sent there by that time. There is good reason to believe that someone already in the military and stationed in Okinawa would have been there. With electricians, they are often sent in ahead of other troops to set up installations. That was my older brother's MOS in the Marines, and he had those duties in the first invasion of Iraq. So, yes, Terry could have been in Vietnam during his service.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by azshadowwalker View Post
    Also, since I can't reply to the last thread, I wanted to refer to this post http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...php?p=13576526, which suggested that 1966 was too early to have been in Vietnam. My dad was drafted in late 1966 for the explicit purpose of being sent to Vietnam, which he was in early 1967. So, civilian men were already being drafted to be sent there by that time. There is good reason to believe that someone already in the military and stationed in Okinawa would have been there. With electricians, they are often sent in ahead of other troops to set up installations. That was my older brother's MOS in the Marines, and he had those duties in the first invasion of Iraq. So, yes, Terry could have been in Vietnam during his service.
    BBM
    You may be right, but I don't buy PTSD as an excuse for becoming a serial killer.

We don't know what kind of action, if any, he saw during his time in the service, so I don't see how we can rule PTSD in or out at this time.
    I think he was drunk and something set him off, throwing him into a blind fit of rage.Should we ever have the privilege of hearing what his family may have to say, I think we might find a pattern of DV and alcoholism, but this is all speculation based on what little we know.
    All you need is love and. . . .(fill in the blank)

So back on thread 2 we were discussing his possible links to St. Louis, MO.

https://www.riverfronttimes.com/news...ve-in-st-louis

Can anyone find information about this business and whether it was real?
    I am not finding that business doing Google search, however, may have to check with city directories during that time. Not sure if local library here in Springfield would have that information or not. And it may have changed names. But will continue to look.

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast